Please say yes!

Of Dreams, Love, and Pixie dusts

The next day-

'Bet you will never be abled to guess SM's reply for me!!' Cassandra and Taejun's phone vibrated at the same time. Obviously that message was sent by Jenny if you could not get the correct answer. She had already received the reply on that day she sent out the e-mail before she slept, it was the answer she wished for and wanted to receive. SM Entertainment promised to give her a ticket if she could go to Korea by that week. Of course she would love to, if it's possible, she would already fly over.

"Girl will your dad allow?" Cassandra sent.

Yea, her father might not allow even if her mother agreed to let their preciouss daughter travel alone to a foreign land. Jenny has to come out with a perfect solution. This is the one and only chance that could get her into SM Entertainment and to be able to train there. No matter what, she must persuade her dad. Must.

"Mummy, I have something to tell you. Something which is really, really important to me. I hope you to listen to me first, until I finish my sentence. Promise?" Jenny went to her mum who was reading a book, and battled her long, pretty lashes.

"What?" Jenny's mother raised her eyebrow.

"Mummy listen to this!" Jenny showed her mum the audition video that she recorded few months ago. "What do you think?"

"Not bad honey!" 

Jenny's heart is pounding crazily in her chest. Her nervous appearance had gotten her mother's attention. "And...?"

"And mum, I..." she paused to take in a deep breath before continue, "I had sent this video to this company--SM Entertainment," Jenny paused again and showed her mother SM's official site on her phone. "Remember the SHINee boys, Super Junior, DongBangShinKi and boA i said before? Those wonderful singers? Yea they are from this company." After that she quickly switch to youtube and let her mum listen to some of the songs that the idols sang. 

"Hmm?" Her mother urge her to get to the main point.

"Well," Jenny scratched her head nervously, "I sent my video to them before exam and yesterday I received an email from them. They like my performance and would like me to get down to their company for a audition, like an interview."

"Where is that company?"

"In Korea. I have to fly ove-"

"NO." Her mum rejected her sternly.

"Look at this email! I swear, this is not some joke or prank from my friends. This this this, look at the email address, its authenticated. See, they say they will send me a ticket, one ticket, for free, if I am able to go there within this week." Jenny quickly login to her email account to prove to her mum that SM did send her that."

"No. Your dad will not allow. Even if he does, I will not. Oh c'mon, do you think I will let you travel alone!?"

Jenny was desperately wanted to get approval from her beloved mother, however she did not get the answered she was hoping for. She cried, and just look at her mother helplessly. She quietly send out a message in her whatsapp group: "Hey, is anyone going to travel to Korea in this week?" She didn't get her hopes high because she thought that nobody will be leaving Singapore as soon as the exam had ended.

"Mum..." 

Suddenly, Jenny heard the notification ringtone. Oh! Replies! 
/Cassandra: Me! es I am going to leave on the day after.
/Taejun: Why don't you tell us earlier!? 
/Cassandra: Jenny asked when I was just about to say something!!
/Ryan: Oh no woman! Bring me kimchi!
/Ryan: and the Korean spoon!
/Cassandra: remember? I told you guys before, my mum said she will bring me to Korea once the exam ends.
/Ryan: I'll treat it as a yes. CASSANDRA IS GOING TO BUY ME PRESENTS.
/Cassandra: no. You will get a Korea Airline's tissue and that's all.
/Jenny: Cass I'm calling you now.

Then Jenny dial Cassanda's number.

"Yo what's up! I've got twenty dollar in my pocket so-" Cassandra greeted Jenny with a playful opening.

"Cass!!" Jenny cut her off. "Hang on! Dont put down your phone yet! Wait!"

"Mum," said Jenny, "If there is somebody travel along, will you say yes?"

"Who?"

"Cassandra and her mother. They are going to Korea the day after. Mum, give me a few hour and let me settle a few problem. I will talk to you and daddy later." Jenny quickly finished her sentence and ran off to her room. "Cass, which plan will you be boarding and what time is your flight?"

"Uhh what just happened?"

"Answer me answer me answer me baby!"

"SQ835 by 7:45. Why? You coming along?" She sounds happy.

"Maybe..." said Jenny while sending another email to SM Entertainment.

Dear sir, I would love to and I am able to head over to your company! I have a request, may I choose the details of the plane ticket that you promised to sponsor me? This is the only way to get my mother to agree with my trip to Korea. Is that possible for you to get me the Thursday flight, SQ835, 7:45am's shift? Thanks a lot! I will really appreciate it if you are able agree with my request and grant my wish! 

Thanks again,
Jenny.


"I might be taking the same flight with you, I am going to Korea too!" Jenny sounds uncertain about her plan.

"Oh really? That's great! Who are you going with?"

"Not you," Jenny let out a chuckle, she wanted to keep everything a secret until she is able to spread her wings and soar.

"Hey, talk to you later alright? I haven't finish packing up heh heh."

"Sure, bye!"

Later at the night, Jenny knocked onto her parents' door while holding onto her laptop. 

"Yes, honey?" Her dad opened up the door for her.

Jenny's father is just like your typical father. He has that average look and is very strict, but always do that little action to show her his love. She love how her dad message her and asked if she wanted to have a ride, or extra pocket money. 

"Daddy, can I talk to you and mummy? About my dream. My wonderful dream."

Jenny's mother looked at her silently, waiting for her to start. Jenny explain the entire progress to her parents, and then she showed them the most recently reply for SM Entertainment. All she need now left only consent from her parent. Please say yes, please... (italy)

"I allow, but-" her mother paused for a moment, "you have to get a trustworthy person to go with you."

"Sure mummy! Remember I told you that Cassandra is going to Korea? We can board the same plane and she can follow me to the same area!"

"This is your choice, I will not be giving you any pocket money." Jenny's father added.

"Deal." Jenny nodded her head in full excitement, she was finally allowed to go for the audition that she always been wanting to go! 

 




"Ahh it's only $50..." Jenny sighed at the sight of her property. Five piece of 10 dollar notes. This is the amount Jenny will be carrying with her to Korea. "No worries, I ain't even going to shop." She shrugged, comforting herself. Jenny put away the cash and placed her luggage beside her bed quietly. Her younger sister was already asleep. 

Jenny woke up earlier than the sun, she did not sleep well because she was too excited, or nervous you say, at the night. She decided to wake up earlier and find something to do to calm herself down. Bathing in cold water early in the morning is really not a wise thing to do, but it does makes you feel much more awake and clear. After putting on her favourite designer track suit, Jenny went to bid goodbye with her parent.

"Daddy mummy, I'll be back by the day after. Don't worry I'll take good care of myself!" 

"..." Her father handed her a hundread dollar note and went back to sleep before her mother hugged her and sent her out of the house.

Thank you daddy! She said in her mind.

 




"Good morning my sugar cupcake!" Jenny grinned when she spotted her best friend Cassandra from far. Jenny greeted Cassandra when Cassandra ran towards Jenny.

"Yo! Woah, I rarely see you in your designer track suit, where exactly are you going to?" Cassandra was a little surprised when she realised that Jenny put on that track suit. 

Jenny gave her a loop sided smile while putting on her shade, "shh, this is a top secret. I am going for a mission impossibru, baby please pray for me and wait for me to return with glory." She blew her bangs as her ending pose.

"What the heck. You are still as stupid as ever."

"Don't sound like you haven't see me in years!" Jenny laughed at her best friend. "I haven't greet your mum yet," she jogged towards Cassandra's mother and bowed slightly at her," hello Cassandra mummy, I am Jenny!"

"Hello Jenny! You are so pretty!"

"Thank you auntie!"

"Did my girl bully you before? Tell auntie, I will teach her a lesson." Cassandra's mother jokingly said.

"Mum!" Cassandra whined to protest, but her mother only laughed at her and continue with her happy talking session with Jenny. Jenny could already visualized how fun her trip would be with her friend's adorable mother.