The rehearsal

Of Dreams, Love, and Pixie dusts

October 2018;

 

SM stan sure loves the family concert, you can say that it is the only time when they are able to witness the overloading of fabulousity happening on the luxury stage at the same time. It had been so long, and finally, the SM Town concert was back again. The news were already spreading out in the company the moment the secretary had posted the notice on the big bulletin board. The five girls were super excited, knowing that they are going to be one of the performer and not just an audience like who they were many years back. Soon, a meeting was held.

With PiXie Dusts's addition to the SM Entertainment, and also for SM's collaborating with other companies, currently SM is a really big family and in order to have a really well-planned, pleasant and enjoyable concert for fans, and the artists too, of course, there was no room for any mistakes. SM could not afford for not planning it well. Planners need to, and must to get eveything perfectly done on schedule. After the first meeting, the futuristic concept received the most votes among all the producers and artists. As soon as the first meeting on the theme and ideas had ended, the singers had already picked out songs they wanted to perform and got them modified. Dubsteps, or stronger drum beats, or just clean guitar instrumental, they had put in a great amount of effort to produce a new version of their works. Before 2018 ended, the idols had already mastered their new cheorography. Everybody prepared really well for the upcoming music feast.

 

Of course there were the regular Christmas album that will never be missed, it was as good quality and fun as usual with the addition of new artists: PiXie Dusts.

 

2019 replaced 2018 in just a blink of an eye, the public could tell that the SM artists were less active than before because they were preparing so hard for the upcoming family concert which required even more planning than the previous family concert. After all the long and short meetings, going through the checklists, choosing of the stage design, small rehearsals here and there, finally it was the time when all the artists were gathered up for a semi-official rehearsal.

 


 

"This part looks really awkward. The hand movement made us looked like we were confused." TaeMi suddenly pointed out during Piie Dusts's regular dance practice.

"Let's do it again." EunBi nodded at TaeMi through the mirror. The girls decided to simplify the hand gestures and they were all satisfied with the final result.

As people always say, time really flies when you are doing some serious pratice, when the girls looked at the clock unintentionally after sometime, they realised that it was already half past nine.

"Damn! Girls we have to go now, tomorrow we'll have plenty times to rehearse, we need to rest already." EunBi cupped her cheeks while telling the members. Jenny and HyeNa was more than happy to receive the order from the leader, they dashed to the corner of the room, where their belongings were placed at and left the room in just a second, waiting for the remaining members at the door.

"For real, Jenny, I always wonder if you are the actual maknae of PXD." Byul raised her eyebrows, watching the two rushing out of the room.

Byul had her ipod charging in the room, and her bag was in a hot mess, thus she ended up asking the other four to leave without first and she would catch up in a swift. Whoever left the last was responsible for the switchs, so Byul had no choice but to switch off the lights and try to dash out the room before the horror of staying in a totally dark room had swallowed her.

 

Suddenly, a strong, big hand grabbed onto Byul's delicate arm when she was at the door already. That very moment, Byul thought that she was doomed as the very first thing that came to her mind was a ghost is going to drag me away... Despite her cold and fierce appearance, she could be quite timid sometimes. She felt so much better when the owner of the hand blurted out a 'hey'. It was Chanyeol.

 

"Oppa you scared me!! What are you doing here anyway?" Byul patted her chest while questioning the giant.

"The other four went back already?" Chanyeol did not answer her, he seems rather nervous.

"They are waiting for me outside. Why?"

"Hey, I need your help, tell the girls to leave first, can you? Pleaseee-" Chanyeol pouted his lip a little to emphaize that he really needed her help.

"Ouh... Something urgent?"

"Quite, you could say." nodded Chanyeol.

"Okay then," Byul fished out her cellphone and gave the leader a call, telling them to go back without her.

"Cool, thank you. Come along with me, other people is waiting for us in the big dance studio downstairs." Chanyeol gave out a sigh of relief and smile widely at Byul.

"Others?"

"Yeah! Actually we are planning out a great surprise for Jenny, Baekhyun will explain everything later!" Chanyeol's round eyes were glister in excitement, his happy vibe had affected Byul, making her to feel all excited suddenly.

 

When the two had entered the studio, Baekhyun let out a cheer and hurried the two to get seated before he could start explaining the plans.

"Okay everybody, please do not leak out whatever you have heard to Jenny, alright? This is going to be the top secret for now, don't ruin the surprise from Sehun to her! So few days back, out maknae was telling few of us in the dorm about his great plan, he thought that it is the time to-" Baekhyun proceed to explain the surprise to the people who had attended the midnight discussion, as detail as possible and everyone contributed a lot of unique ideas too. Sehun needed everyone to play along in order to have his plan work out smoothly. No worries, before the EXO crew had started to gether manpowers, they had gotten the neccessory permission from the head of the company already. Initially nobody had held high hopes on whether the boss would approve their plans, however, surprisingly, Mr Lee Soo Man told them to 'go for it' with a fatherly smile, and honestly it had scared the crap outta the boys, thinking that it was the peace before a storm.

With everyone's coorperation, the plan's structure was out in just a few days and they started to assign different roles to anyone that suited the most. Unfortunately, due to the time constrain and many other issues, the idols could not carry out a proper rehearsal with the surprise session, they had to make sure everybody knows their position and role well enough to not to mess up the entire thing on the actual day.

 

Everything went on well without any obstacles. On the 26th of April, the final day for rehearsal before the concert, the artists had their last full-dressed rehearsal. They woke up so early to practise for the very last time before heading to the concert avenue. The managers and make up artists could see few of  the tired idols falling asleep in the resting room while the technicians were getting the set up done. And Luhan was snoring slightly.

 

The stage design was really grand and exaggerated, a lot of confettis and fireworks, so many shiny decorations going on, as well as the disco lightings. Also not forgot to mention the rotating stage, the special platform that shoots up and allows the singers to jump out from below the stage, etceteras. Jenny insisted that their stage lighting would be yellow, radiates bright and happy vibes; EunBi decided that they would be wearing something casual but still cool and Byul suggested Jeremy Scott's costumes. With the perfect decision on the costumes and lighting, PiXie Dusts's performance seemed really put together and fierce. Not just the artists, but also the leaders of the company were extremely satisfied with the outcome. Everyone prayed that the actual performances would really be on point with no problems.