Shall we go on a coffee date?

Of Dreams, Love, and Pixie dusts

The familiar deep voice said his apology while rocking their body back and forth slightly, immitating the way how a mother comfort her child. It was Chanyeol, who came back as soon after he left because he couldn't bear to see his little sister in hurt. That loud bang he caused just now, had his heart trembled so strongly in guilt. How could I be so harsh at Jen!? He thought. Chanyeol regretted deeply for venting his unhappiness on his beloved girl.

"Sorry oppa." Jenny wrapped her lean arms around him the moment she realised that it was Chanyeol.

How could he still be mad when she burst out tears and finally called him oppa? Chanyeol let down all the anger and walls he had built up and gave up his ego for her, seeing Jenny feeling better is all he ever wished for.

 

-

 

The half successful confession which Sehun had made towards Jenny had left him feeling half ecstatic, half uneasy. Jenny was closest to Chanyeol afterall, eventhough she had claimed to have many feelings for Sehun. Friendships that people treated as 'just pure friendship' has always turn into something more than that, like love, and that was what Chanyeol was sharing with Jenny, being real close since the starting point. Sehun was really really worried that Chanyeol would eventually win over her heart before she decided to stay with him.

In the end of year 2018, third year of knowing Jenny, Sehun had finally made his first move.

 

 

"Yoohoo," Sehun popped his head in between the slim opening of the door and the frame, eyes searching for Jenny --- who was tucking out her tongue like a puppy at the corner of the dance studio. HyeNa touches Jenny's thigh lightly using the back of her foot to get her attention, pointing her chin towards the direction of the door, signaling Jenny that somebody is calling for her. Jenny slowly turned her entire body to face Sehun and gave him a tired, but still bright smile when she sees him, "Yoohoo!"

"I got you guys spicy rice cakes, and Jen you get a seperate bowl from them," said the boy with pale hair.

"Come in and join me here at the corner!" Jenny waved at Sehun, wanting him to enter the room instead of her going out. The rest of the members just chuckled and moved towards another side of the room, leaving some space for the young couple.

"EXO seems quite free these days," she sounded unclear with two rice cakes stuffing in . Sehun just smile and watch at her silliness.

"It's the peace before the storm, I guess." Sehun tilted his head to the side, thought about their schedule before answering Jenny. "Jen! Shall we... shall we go for a mini date now? It's only 9 and none of us are having any activity..." he trailed off his voice as he felt shy for inviting a girl to a date for the very first time ever in his life.

"Date?"

"U-um. A date, our first date."

"Where?" asked Jenny, popping two more rice cakes in . "This is really good."

"There is a café near the SM building, we can go there, not much people is out there during a winter night." Sehun's eyes glistered in excitement.

"No date no dating!" Suddenly Taemi and HyeNa interupted their conversation.

"Shoooo-" Sehun jumped in surprised and Jenny quickly chase her members away in a couple chuckles. "No eavesdropping is allowed!"

 

-

 

"Wooooo don't you just feel so sweet and warm and nice right now?" said Jenny who gave in to her temptation to cup Sehun's pink cheeks. She had been wanting to do that since ages, at that moment, she felt like they had been dating for a really long time. The feeling of wanting everything to last forever had flooded not just hers, but also his mind.

"Kai told me about this place few years back but I never had any chance nor excuse to come over." he blushed a little at her random act, but lean in closer after a second, wanting to get more of her touch.

 

The snows seems like a really tiny fur balls falling down from sky, and some others might think of it as glitters.

The warmth that released from the fragrance of the coffee beans, the warmth that the orangy soft lights had given off, and the warmth that his smile and voice brought had made the night even more special. A thin piece of glass had seperated the two away from the cold outside, they just sat at a corner, holding onto a cup of hot chocolate, letting the time to flow away in their conversation unknowingly.