Chapter 8

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

Yong Hwa was happy he finally could text Seo Hyun. Settling into a comfortable position, he closed his tired eyes. He had been composing the song I Miss You obsessively for the last three days that the only time he wasn’t composing was when s brought food for him. Jong Hyun, Jung Shin and Min Hyuk had been worried for his health but respected his need for a distraction so they took care of him by making sure he ate. Min Hyuk would bring snacks and fruits every couple of hours outside of meal times to keep him nourished and Jung Shin replenished his drinks every hour. Jong Hyun on the other hand, took over from the dongsaengs from late night till the next morning.

 

There was a knock on the door and Jong Hyun walked in carrying a platter of fruits and a mug of warm honey tea. “Oh Hyung, have you finished composing?” asked Jong Hyun. Yong Hwa opened his eyes and sat up. “Oh Jong Hyun-ah.. I’ve finish the song”, replied Yong Hwa, smiling at Jong Hyun. “Are those fruits? Come, let’s have them”, Yong Hwa said as he motioned for Jong Hyun to come in.

 

“I’m sorry Hyung, I wasn’t aware you had finished and were resting. Else, I wouldn’t have disturbed you. I should let you sleep. You haven’t really been sleeping much these few days. We can keep the fruits for tomorrow” Jong Hyun said as he made a move to exit Yong Hwa’s room. “No no, Jong Hyun, it’s ok. I think I could use some fruits. It would be refreshing” Yong Hwa said, in a cheerful mood.

 

“Would you like to listen to my song?” asked Yong Hwa as he cleared his table to make space for the fruit platter. “Of course Hyung, I’m curious as to what hit you made this time”, Jong Hyun said teasingly. Yong Hwa laughed as he fiddled with his computer. “Tell me what you think”, Yong Hwa said to Jong Hyun as the song started playing.

 

As the melody ended, Jong Hyun said softly, “Wow Hyung, it’s kind of raw, like I can feel your words and pain. It’s beautiful”. “It’s painfully beautiful, isn’t it”, Yong Hwa asked. Jong Hyun nodded in agreement. They both sat in silence for a moment, both still absorbed in the emotions of the song.

 

“I texted Seo Hyun earlier, after I had finished composing the song. It’s been three days, I think it’s alright to contact her now”, Yong Hwa said, breaking the silence. Before Jong Hyun could respond, Yong Hwa’s phone beeped. Yong Hwa and Jong Hyun both looked at each other, a look of surprise on their faces. “Could that be her?” asked Jong Hyun.