Chapter 49

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

2 hours later, Yong Hwa was seated on the couch at SNSD’s dorm. He had managed to convince Yoona to help him so Yoona had spoken to her unnies before they all agreed to let him go over to SNSD dorm to wait for Seo Hyun to finish school. “Jung seobang, start talking. If you cannot convince the eight of us, you can be sure, you will definitely NOT be able to see Joo Hyun today” Tiffany warned.

 

Just as Yong Hwa opened his mouth to speak, the front door opened and Seo Hyun walked in. Everybody was stunned into silence. Seo Hyun was startled to see Yong Hwa there but she averted her eyes and walked straight to her room and locked the door. “What is she doing home so early??” Sunny hissed. “I don’t know.. She’s supposed to have class until 5PM” Yoona replied, dumbfounded. Yong Hwa immediately got up and knocked on Seo Hyun’s door, “Hyu~n, can I come in? I would like to talk to you” Yong Hwa said gently as the girls creeped closer. “I’m sorry Oppa, I’m tired maybe we can talk another time” came Seo Hyun’s reply. She’s never been one to hide how she felt.

 

Yong Hwa kneeled in front of the door and spoke, “Hyu~n, I know you’re mad at me about the flowers. I’m sorry but I just wanted to congratulate Shin Hye on winning the award. That’s all.” Soo Young rolled her eyes, “He shouldn’t be saying that” she whispered to Yuri. “You know that she’s just a good friend to me, right? That’s all it was, from a friend to a friend” Yong Hwa continued. Now it was Jessica’s turn to roll her eyes, “Unbelievable” she mumbled.

 

Seo Hyun felt her eyes start to burn with tears. She really didn’t want to listen anymore. “Sure Oppa, from a friend to a friend” she forced herself to reply, hoping that he’d leave now. “Hyu~n… Joo Hyun…. Can you forgive me?” Yong Hwa asked. “There’s nothing to forgive. You didn’t do anything wrong” Seo Hyun said bitterly. “Really? Are you sure?” Yong Hwa wasn’t quite convinced. He knew she was still angry. “Yes oppa” came Seo Hyun’s voice. “Then why don’t you come outside and we’ll take a drive somewhere and then I’ll treat you to a nice dinner?” Yong Hwa suggested. “No oppa, I don’t want to see you right now” Seo Hyun answered honestly.

 

“Hyu~n, why? What else are you angry about?” Yong Hwa was confused. “Please just go. I need some time to myself” Seo Hyun replied. “Hyu~n, you promised me you’d talk to me if anything is bothering you, remember?” Yong Hwa pleaded. “Yes, I know. But I just need some time to myself first. Please” Seo Hyun pleaded back. Tae Yeon got up and tapped lightly on Yong Hwa’s shoulder “Jung seobang, don’t force her. Just give her some time.”

 

Yong Hwa nodded dejectedly and bowed to the girls before taking his leave. He was too embarrassed to make eye contact. Hyo Yeon knocked on the door lightly “Joo Hyun-ah, Jung seobang has left. Can you please open the door for unnie?” Seo Hyun hesitated a moment before reaching for the door. Seeing all her unnies crowding round her door with worried faces, Seo Hyun bowed and apologized, “I’m sorry unnie.” The girls enveloped Seo Hyun in a group hug and she finally let her tears fall.

 

Seo Hyun spent the rest of the afternoon sandwiched between her unnies watching TV. She was thankful to her unnies for being her protectors and support system. She knew she would be crying in bed by now if not for them. “Unnies, thank you so much” Seo Hyun said suddenly. Yuri who was sitting next to her pat her leg and Soo Young put her arms around her shoulders. “Unnie, I think I want to give up on this relationship” Seo Hyun broke the news to them. She’d been thinking about it since the night before and she had no confidence that she could keep this up in the long run. Dating itself was difficult as it is, and to complicate matters, they were idols. She felt that it was just disaster waiting to happen.

 

“Joo Hyun-ah, are you sure??” Hyo Yeon asked. All eyes were on Seo Hyun now and she nodded slowly. “But why, Joo Hyun-ah? Don’t you love Yong Hwa?” Yoona asked. “I do love him but it’s just too difficult. I thought we could have it all. I thought we could make it work but it’s too difficult. We have to deceive so many people, hide from everyone and pretend we mean nothing to each other. I don’t know if I have the confidence to keep this up forever” Seo Hyun admitted. “Hyunnie, don’t you think you need to make this decision with Jung seobang?” Tiffany asked. Seo Hyun looked at Tiffany for a moment before agreeing, “I suppose you’re right…”