Chapter 38

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

By the time the girls arrived in Seoul and climbed into their company van, it was past noon and they were famished. Seo Hyun suggested they eat at Min Hyuk’s father’s restaurant. They badly needed the privacy for the news that she was about to break to them. She called in advance to inform Min Hyuk’s father so that he would be ready for them.

 

They were greeted at the rear entrance by the jovial man. With the exception of Seo Hyun, it was SNSD’s first time there so they bowed respectfully to him before introducing themselves. They were all so hungry that they each rattled off their order while walking past Min Hyuk’s father on the way up the stairs. “Abonim, so sorry for being rude but we’re really hungry” Tae Yeon apologized before adding her own order to the list. Seo Hyun shook her head and chuckled at her unnies as she approached Min Hyuk’s father. “Abonim, please forgive us. We just arrived back from Japan and we’ve missed Korean food so much” Seo Hyun said, bowing to him. “It’s ok Seo Hyun-ssi, it’s completely understandable. Min Hyuk and the rest of the CNBLUE boys are also like that when they come back from overseas. They sometimes even order over the phone as they want to eat the moment they arrive!” Min Hyuk’s father chuckled. “Now go on up and wait a moment while we prepare your food” said Min Hyuk’s father as he waved Seo Hyun up the stairs.

 

When Seo Hyun reached the top of the stairs, she was greeted by the sight of her unnies chowing down on the side dishes already laid out on the table. “Cham! We all look like we haven’t eaten in years!” Seo Hyun laughed. “Maknae, it does feel like years since the last meal!” Soo Young joked in between mouthfuls of kimchi. “Yuri-ya, pass over the lettuce!” Sunny called from the other end of the table. Everybody was in a jovial mood, having finally been able to taste homely Korean food.

 

As they started to slow their eating pace down, Seo Hyun decided to tell her unnies about Yong Hwa and herself. Seo Hyun cleared and said loudly, “Ahem! Unnies, there’s something I need to announce.” “What? You’ve made up with Jung seobang already?” Yoona asked. “Eyyy.. Is that even news? We knew you’d make up by now” Jessica said, uninterested. “No, that’s not all” Seo Hyun replied, mischievously. “What? What is it?” Tae Yeon asked. “Ahh.. Hurry up and tell us already” Sunny whined.

 

“Jung Yong Hwa and Seo Joo Hyun are officially dating” Seo Hyun said happily, loving the sound of that. “For real?” Yuri asked. Seo Hyun nodded and as expected, the girls erupted in cheers and high fives and screams. Tae Yeon, Hyo Yeon, Tiffany and Yoona started singing Love Light and slow dancing in pairs. And soon, all of them joined in to sing Love Light at the top of their lungs while forming a circle with Seo Hyun in the middle. She was laughing, happy to be feeling so much love in the last 24 hours. Gosh, I love these girls. They’ve been so supportive all the way. I couldn’t be blessed with better members, Seo Hyun thought to herself.

 

As they finished the song, they all had a group hug. All of them happy for Seo Hyun. “Joo Hyun-ah, why don’t you tell them what happened” Hyo Yeon winked. They all went back to their seats and settled in to hear Seo Hyun’s story. They oooh-ed and aahhh-ed when she told them about Yong Hwa’s proposal. “Oh my!! That’s so romantic!!” Yuri squealed while Yoona mock fainted. She also told them about Yong Hwa’s conversation with Lee Soo Man sajangnim. “Sunny unnie, thank you for your help.. Oppa and I are thankful. Really” Seo Hyun said while hugging Sunny who was seated beside her. “Aish… It’s nothing. You would have gotten his consent without my help anyway” Sunny replied modestly, hugging Seo Hyun in return.

 

“Joo Hyun-ah, congratulations! Unnie is very happy for both of you, but you must remember, it’s not going to be easy ok. Just like your argument yesterday, you will have more days like that. But like Jung seobang said, talk to him if you have concerns ok.  Don’t bottle it up. But if he’s too busy and you can’t speak to him, come and speak to us ok. You know you have our support so don’t hesitate to confide in us. We will always be here for you” Tiffany said sincerely. “Awww.. Thank you, unnie!! Yeah, I think I’ve learnt my lesson already. I won’t keep it in” Seo Hyun responded. “Joo Hyun-ah, all the best!!” Tae Yeon called from the other end of the table. Seo Hyun nodded, “Thank you unnie! Thank you ALL!!!”