Chapter 23

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

It was bad enough that he had to tell Seo Hyun but it was worse that he had to tell her eight sisters. Yong Hwa had always been afraid of and felt intimidated by Seo Hyun’s unnies. It wasn’t because they were loud or that they talked so much, but because they were fiercely protective of each other. Yong Hwa groaned internally, he could feel the impending doom.

 

It took Yong Hwa a couple of minutes to get the other SNSD girls up to speed. He told the whole story about what happened. He told them about Eun Soo sitting next to him and then about her saying that she looked like Seo Hyun when it was her turn to speak and then Ho Dong sunbaenim literally ran with it. He finally told them that he shouted that he loved Seo Hyun in Strong Heart, on national TV not once, but many times. When Yong Hwa finished, he braced himself for the wrath that was SNSD.

 

He could hear the girls screaming. But it sounded weird, it didn’t sound like curses or anger. They sounded more like they were swooning and cheering. Yong Hwa was confused. “Hello??” Yong Hwa said nervously. “Yahhh.. Jung seobang!! You really know how to make a girl swoon!” came Tae Yeon’s voice. “Ne? Sorry? What did you say?” Yong Hwa couldn’t believe his ears. The girls took turns to heap praises on him, “That was so romantic Jung seobang!” came Yuri’s voice. “Jung seobang, daebak!!!!” came Yoona’s voice. “Jung seobang, you’re the best!!” came Soo Young’s voice next.

 

Yong Hwa started laughing, he had not expected that. He thought he would be in big trouble. “Ahhh.. Thank you chohyongnim, but aren’t you angry that it might cause problems for Joo Hyun or SNSD?” Yong Hwa asked. “Ahhh… That… Hmm…. I don’t think so” Tae Yeon said confidently. “Ehh..? Why not?” Yong Hwa asked, confused. “I’m sure it’ll be reported and it will be a hot discussion between fans and netizens, but it’s not really proof is it?” Hyo Yeon added. “Yes, don’t worry so much Jung seobang” said Jessica.

 

“And as for you, Joo Hyun,” Tiffany said while turning to Seo Hyun, “You should be happy! Jung seobang does so much to prove his love for you!” Hyo Yeon winked at Seo Hyun, handed her phone back to her and herded everyone else out of the room. All Seo Hyun managed to do was nod. Ahhh.. I should relax a little, Seo Hyun thought to herself, allowing herself to smile a little.

 

“Hello?? Hello?? Hyu~n.. Are you there?” came Yong Hwa’s voice. Seo Hyun jerked back to reality and immediately put the phone to her ear, “Yes, I’m here.. I’m sorry Yong oppa”. “Hyu~n, I just got home. Since we haven’t seen each other in awhile, would you like to go to Min Hyuk’s father’s restaurant? I’m hungry” Yong Hwa said. “Yes!!” Seo Hyun replied immediately, she had missed him so much. It wasn’t the same watching him on TV. “Ok.. Give me a moment to wash up and change and then I’ll come and pick you up, ok?” Yong Hwa replied.

 

An hour and a half later, they were sitting on the second floor of Min Hyuk’s father’s restaurant. They spent the night eating and talking and laughing and cuddling. It was too long since the last time they had enjoyed each other’s company and Yong Hwa would not let go of Seo Hyun’s hand. Although they spoke on the phone regularly, it wasn’t the same. It would be a long time before they would see each other again as Yong Hwa was slated to begin filming for Heartstrings soon and SNSD were to begin their tour with other SM lablemates.