Chapter 17

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

Seo Hyun thought for a moment before responding, “Oppa, I think we need to do it the right way. Although this is between Jung Yong Hwa and Seo Joo Hyun, we cannot escape the fact that we are also CNBLUE and SNSD members. I’ve seen idols being forced to break up by their companies. I told myself that I do not want to ever go through that. If our companies object to us dating, then I would rather not start. It would be too painful when we are forced to break up.”

 

Yong Hwa knew she had a point. Seo Hyun was matured for her age. She always had the foresight to see the long-term repercussions instead of just the short-term benefits. He respected her for that and he felt proud of her. “Hmm..You’re right Joo Hyun-ah. How about I speak to both our CEOs for us? We’ll get their blessings and approval before we decide on our fate. How does that sound?” Yong Hwa asked.

 

“Mmm…. I think that’s a good idea, oppa” said Seo Hyun, nodding in response. “I will speak to Han Seung Ho sunbaenim first. And after I’ve gotten his approval, I will speak to Lee Soo Man sajangnim. And once we’ve gotten the support of our CEOs, I will ask you formally to be mine. And then, I will visit your parents formally to seek their approval” Yong Hwa said his plans out loud. He wanted them to be equal partners in the relationship they are in, whether it was as friends or more than that.

 

Seo Hyun smiled and nodded. She was thankful for Yong Hwa’s kind consideration and thoughtfulness. She liked that he always tried to see her point of view. “Joo Hyun-ah, thank you.. And please wait for me” Yong Hwa said while clasping her hands tighter.

 

“Oh… I forgot to ask you, how did you manage to get permission from your manager oppa to have dinner with me today?” asked Yong Hwa. Seo Hyun felt her face blush, “Ahhh… That… Erm… Actually, it’s quite a story to tell” Seo Hyun explained. “Aishh.. Jashik! Tell me the story then!” Yong Hwa pleaded.

 

It’s been awhile since she saw his choding side that she just sat and smiled at him. She liked that he was playful and he was so adorable when he was being a choding that she couldn’t help but laugh. After holding out on him a couple of times, Seo Hyun finally told him the story about what happened with her unnies and her manager oppa today.

 

Yong Hwa couldn’t help feeling relieved to know that the people closest to Seo Hyun were supportive of them, just like his dongsaengs and manager hyung were. Aahhh… We have hope afterall, Yong Hwa thought, smiling like a dork again.

 

It was as if the confessions released them and took away all the awkwardness they had felt. They could now talk freely about the things that happened during WGM, about their pain after WGM and how they had coped. Yong Hwa even managed to finally tell Seo Hyun that Love Light was written for her and how she’s his first true love.

 

Seo Hyun was beyond touched. It was like she’d died and gone to heaven. She was so happy. “Joo Hyun-ah, you are my muse, do you know that? Ever since I met you, all the songs that I have written were inspired by you” Yong Hwa said. Seo Hyun blushed again, “Oooo oppa, thank you”.