Chapter 41

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

30 December 2011

 

Seo Hyun peeled her eyes open and searched for the clock on her bedside table. 7.23AM, the clock read. Seo Hyun groaned and struggled to sit up. Crossing her legs, she slapped her cheeks. “Joo Hyunnie, if you had slept earlier, you wouldn’t need to be slapping yourself to wake up today” Hyo Yeon’s voice sounded hoarse. “Unnie! Good morning! I know.. But we didn’t talk for very long last night” Seo Hyun defended herself.

 

“Hyung!! Wake up!! It’s 9AM! We need to be there by noon” Jung Shin shook Yong Hwa awake.

“Hyung! Eat your breakfast!! We have 20 minutes!” Ming Hyuk shouted two hours later. Yong Hwa who was still sprawled out on his bed, bolted up from his bed and went straight to the bathroom to wash up.

 

With cameras all around, Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun couldn’t risk many intimate moments. But Yong Hwa being the love sick puppy that he was, couldn’t hold back much. Whenever Seo Hyun passed by him, he would always acknowledge her and wave to her. And he couldn’t keep his eyes off her either. He knew he would be busted but he had missed her so much. He hadn’t seen her this close for months!

 

At the end of the evening, when all the performers were asked to gather on stage, Yong Hwa quickly went to stand behind Seo Hyun. Several of his friends as they could see he was looking right at her, but he just couldn’t help it. He smiled like a dork, just standing so close to her. Seo Hyun was aware of Yong Hwa’s presence but being the calm person that she was, she had tight control on her reactions, not daring to turn around to even acknowledge Yong Hwa.

 

“Yong Hwa-ssi, may I speak to you for a moment?” Lee Teuk stopped Yong Hwa backstage just as the performance ended. “Lee Teuk hyung, sure..” Yong Hwa replied as Lee Teuk steered Yong Hwa into the adjacent hallway. “What’s up hyung?” Yong Hwa asked, clueless. “Yong Hwa-ya, I just wanted to give you some advice” Lee Teuk started. “Ne?” Yong Hwa was still clueless. “I know about you and Seo Hyun dating. Yeah… I think most of us in SuJu knows, if not SM. Anyway, that’s not the problem. Gossip goes around. But the worst part is, you’re being way too obvious. You do know the SM rule - DO NOT GET CAUGHT. If you want to keep dating Seo Hyun, I would suggest you take heed of that rule” Lee Teuk said, his tone serious.

 

Yong Hwa was completely caught off guard “Hyung…. How did you know?” “Sunny and I are close. She mentioned to me a while ago. But don’t blame her, she was just excited and happy for both of you. I think a lot of people are. Besides, you are both good for each other and we can all see the positive impact you have on the other. But while we are all happy for you, we hope that you can protect your relationship better. So please, Yong Hwa-ya… try not to be so obvious” Lee Teuk finished.

 

Yong Hwa felt disappointed with himself. He was feeling so proud of himself that he’s been reacting better lately. But it seems like he hasn’t been doing any better than before, except for no more public outbursts and less talking about Seo Hyun. Yong Hwa sighed as he walked into CNBLUE changing room. “Hyung, what’s wrong?” Jong Hyun asked as he was packing up his things. Yong Hwa slumped into the sofa “Lee Teuk-hyung just told me that practically everybody in SM knows about Seo Hyun and I dating.”

 

“Was he threatening you???” Min Hyuk asked, alarmed. “What?? No no no… He was just advising me to be more careful about not being so obvious. Apparently I hadn’t improved on my being-in-love face” Yong Hwa felt dejected. Jung Shin clapped Yong Hwa’s back, “Take it easy, Hyung. You’re you, don’t feel bad about being yourself.” “I think I need to speak to Hyu~n about this. Being away from her for too long is clearly making me crazy!!” Yong Hwa said, burying his face in his hands.