Chapter 55

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

Ever since Yong Hwa sang Run Devil Run and Love Light with Seo Hyun at the Niigata concert in 2011, he’d been fiddling with harmonizing CNBLUE songs.  The loved the way his voice blended with Seo Hyun’s voice so over the last couple of months, the CNBLUE boys had been practicing harmonizing. And because he wanted Jung Shin and Min Hyuk to showcase their voices as well, he often made way to Jung Shin especially since to sing some of his easier parts, like the rap portion in Love Light. He wanted to involve Min Hyuk as well but it’s hard for a drummer to maintain his voice while drumming so hard at the same time so for now, it’s just Jung Shin who’s been given the opportunity.

 

Now that they’ve moved into Seo Hyun’s apartment block, Yong Hwa has been very conscious of avoiding everything Seo Hyun related to tamp down as much of the rumour as possible. It’s been two years since WGM ended but gogumas round the world were still shipping hard! Yong Hwa was thankful for their support but it kind of didn’t help the situation when he needed things to cool off as they’ve been constantly warned by their management to kill the rumours as fast as possible. It was kind of like a looming threat over their heads and he didn’t want Seo Hyun to feel the burden again and call things off. Again.

 

“Happy New Year!!!!” everybody shouted at the of midnight. Some people cheered while some blew the party horn and others popped the party poppers. CNBLUE and SNSD were all gathered at Min Hyuk’s father’s restaurant to celebrate New Year 2013. “Cheers!!” Hyo Yeon raised her glass and gestured for everybody to do the same. “To a fabulous year ahead!!!” Tiffany screamed as she raised her glass. “May CNBLUE’s new album sell really well!!” Sunny wished as she raised her glass too. “May SNSD’s new album outsell everybody!!!” Min Hyuk shouted as he clinked his glass with Sunny and TIffany. “Cheers!!!” everyone else said in unison.

 

They’ve been at the restaurant since 8PM, eating dinner and talking and laughing and playing games and drinking. With so many people in the room, the place was packed and it was hard to move around but they were all enjoying each other’s company too much to mind. Seo Hyun sat with her back against Yong Hwa’s body, basking in the joy of being in the company of all the people she loved. Yong Hwa hugged her tighter, “Are you having fun, Hyu~n?” Seo Hyun nodded, “This is what blissful means” Seo Hyun said as she smiled. She couldn’t have asked for better unnies or better brothers-in-law than what she has now. She was contented beyond words. “I’m happy too” Yong Hwa said softly, planting a kiss on her cheek.

 

********************************************************************************

 

Both CNBLUE and SNSD had a couple of days off before their schedules became crazy again so they all took the time to rest as much as they could. Other than rehearsals and practices, they had quite a lot of time to themselves. Everyday after dance rehearsal, Seo Hyun would hang out at CNBLUE dorm, sometimes helping them with the harmonizing as they weren’t as experienced as her. CNBLUE also scheduled their band practice sessions and concert meetings around SNSD schedule so that Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun would be home at about the same time. And today was one of the days that the schedules did actually pan out.

 

The CNBLUE boys just got back from their band practice and were taking the elevator up to their dorm from the carpark when the elevator stopped at the Ground Floor. When the doors opened, they were surprised to see Seo Hyun standing there, having just been dropped off by her manager. “Hyungsoonim!!” Jung Shin and Min Hyuk greeted her. “Oh hello!” Seo Hyun replied cheerily as she stepped into the elevator. “Wow, we have great timing today!” Yong Hwa said as he gave Seo Hyun a peck on the cheek. “We do!” Seo Hyun said as she laughed. “Are you coming up with us to our dorm?” Jong Hyun asked as he pressed the door close. “No, I have to go home and inform my mother first” Seo Hyun said as she reached over to press the button to her floor. “But you’ll come over soon?” Yong Hwa asked hopefully. “Yes, of course. Since we’re all early today, I’ll cook dinner!” Seo Hyun offered. “Thank you Hyungsoonim!!!” Min Hyuk and Jung Shin said in unison. Jong Hyun just laughed as usual.

 

Seo Hyun was now lounging in Yong Hwa’s room after the delicious dinner they just had. Her cooking skills had improved tremendously since she moved back with her parents. She’d taken an interest in cooking eversince she started cooking for Yong Hwa during their stint on WGM. “Hyu~n, we finalized our concert tour dates today. Here’s our concert schedule” Yong Hwa said as he passed over the sheet of paper to Seo Hyun. Seo Hyun studied it carefully and noted that they should enter the dates into their online calendar that they shared. “Hyu~n, I wanted to talk to you about something. Two things actually…” Yong Hwa started. “Mmm.. Go on…” Seo Hyun encouraged, curious and somewhat worried at his nervous tone.

 

“You know how we will be together on Music Bank and Music Core soon, right?” Yong Hwa asked. “That’s right…” Seo Hyun replied, still wondering what could be on his mind. “You also know that whenever I look at you, I cannot hide my feelings, right?” Yong Hwa said slowly. “Mmhmmm….” Seo Hyun murmured. “You know how Lee Soo Man sajangnim and Han Seung Ho sunbaenim are still anxious about the rumours about us, right?” Yong Hwa asked. Seo Hyun was now confused, she couldn’t quite understand the relation but nodded anyway. “Well, what I’m trying to say here is, I want us to work. I want us to be together forever and ever. And I will do anything to be with you. So my resolution for this year is to quash the rumours so that we don’t feel the burden of being in this relationship. Therefore, I want to tell you, when we meet on any stage or program, I won’t be looking at you. It’s the way I know how to control my reactions” Yong Hwa said in a serious tone.

 

There was a pause before Seo Hyun burst out laughing. “Oppa!! You make it sound like…like…like as if you’re gonna chop off your arm or something!” Seo Hyun said through her laughter. Yong Hwa pouted, “It is like chopping off my arm! Haven’t you heard what people have been saying? They say that whenever I look at you, it’s like I’m sending hearts through my eyes at you! And that’s why the gogumas are still shipping YongSeo like crazy!” Seo Hyun couldn’t stop laughing. Three years on and Yong Hwa is still crazy for her so much so that it really shows in his eyes. “Oppa, I’m sorry.. It’s just that it’s really hilarious that you have to control your eyes!” Seo Hyun said before bursting out laughing again.

 

Suddenly Jong Hyun poked his head into the room, “What’s the joke about? Tell me too!” he said as he let himself into the room. Yong Hwa made a move to clasp his hand over Seo Hyun’s mouth and said “It’s nothing.. Nothing funny going on in here.. Nope. Nothing. Really” as Seo Hyun struggled to release herself from Yong Hwa’s grasp. “What’s all the laughing about??” Min Hyuk asked as he stepped into the room too. “Oppa promised not to look at me this year!” Seo Hyun said as she finally wriggled free of Yong Hwa’s grasp. “What???” Jung Shin said as he too stepped into the room. “But why?” Min Hyuk asked, scratching his head. Yong Hwa tried to explain himself, “No… That’s not quite what I meant. Aren’t you the ones saying whenever you see me looking at Seo Hyun, you can see hearts flying out of my eyes?? Weren’t you the ones who said that? So I’m just trying to not let everybody out there see hearts flying out of my eyes!”

 

Jong Hyun, Jung Shin and Min Hyuk joined Seo Hyun and laughed so hard they cried. “Hyung!!!” was all Jung Shin managed to say before he was engulfed in laughter again. Yong Hwa just sat there looking at them laughing at them dejectedly. He started to pout and the laughter slowly died down. “Oppa, I’m sorry, it’s just funny. I’m sorry” Seo Hyun said sincerely as she reached over to hold his hand. “Hyung, it’s just too funny when you say it that way, you know?” Jong Hyun said as he tried to hide his smile. “I made a New Year’s resolution. That I would do whatever it takes to quash all the rumours about Seo Hyun and myself because Han Seung Ho sunbaenim is getting quite anxious and I hear Lee Soo Man sajangnim is as well. So, I know how you guys always say that I can’t hide my feelings whenever I look at Hyu~n so I will try my best not to look at her” Yong Hwa explained. Min Hyuk coughed to hide his laughter and Jung Shin tried to keep a straight face. They understood Yong Hwa’s predicament but still found it hilarious at the same time. “We understand hyung.. All the best!” Jong Hyun said as he quickly exited the room. Min Hyuk and Jung Shin followed suit without a word.

 

“Ahhh!! I just embarrassed myself in front of the boys!!” Yong Hwa lamented as he buried his head in his hands. “Oppa, it’s ok” Seo Hyun said as she his back. “Anyway, what was the other thing you wanted to talk to me about?” Seo Hyun asked sweetly. Yong Hwa looked up, a hint of concern spread across his face. “I’m not sure if you’ll be happy with what I have to say next” Yong Hwa said cautiously. “What is it?” Seo Hyun asked, curious and worried at the same time. “Shin Hye informed me that she’s been offered a role for a new drama and that the writer told her that she is considering me for the male role” Yong Hwa said carefully. “Oh.. Was that it? Why were you worried that I won’t be happy? Oppa, you’ve got another drama offer! I’m happy for you!” Seo Hyun said as she clapped her hands. “I thought you weren’t fond of my friendship with Shin Hye?” Yong Hwa asked. “Oppa.. I told you this a long long time ago, that I am not jealous of Shin Hye unnie and that I trust you. Remember?” Seo Hyun said clearly.