Chapter 1 - HIStory

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

Yong Hwa slowly trudged back to his car. It was now full of the things that he wanted to bring back from the Sangdo-dong house. The staff had helped him transport the things from the house and later moved it all into his car when he was filming his last scenes with Seo Hyun.

 

He didn’t remember pulling out of the parking lot. He didn’t remember how he managed to maneuver through the traffic. He was lost in his thoughts. He kept telling himself, he’s not sad because he plans on getting Seo Hyun back and for real this time, not for a TV show, not for the public but because he had grown to love her. He was confident she felt the same, but there was always the doubt that she was just caught in the moment of the make-believe.

 

Ahhh.. Don’t think like that Yong Hwa-ya.. Believe in yourself. Have faith in Hyun..”, he told himself.

 

It had been a bittersweet day. He had been happy to have had spent such a wonderfully happy day with Seo Hyun. It brought back many memories and many smiles and laughter. But it had also been a sad day, as he no could no longer see her every week and walk around hand in hand with her in public. He was thankful that the show had presented him the opportunity to openly show his love with the pretense that it was all for show, while in reality, it was the only opportunity he had to real life dating in public for an idol without much repercussions.

 

It’s been slightly more than a year and he smiled at the thought of all the memories they had made. The first time they met was hilariously awkward but they managed to pull through. When he agreed to do the show, he hadn’t counted on falling in love. He had watched the first season of We Got Married and saw how the couples came to be really friendly and had a great time. None of the couples looked like they fell for each other, just two people who came to really know each other and become great friends. So when he was approached with the offer to join We Got Married Season 2, he was just expecting to have fun.

 

Seo Joo Hyun, why did you have to be so enchanting?” Yong Hwa asked himself, smiling. He looked down at his hands on the steering wheel and found the one thing that always brought a smile to his face whenever he was away from her, his couple ring. He remembered the lake incident, her singing Love Light and them exchanging rings again. He laughed at that memory. It brought warmth to his heart but he felt pain slowly creeping in.

 

Before he knew it, he had pulled into the parking lot of his apartment.