Chapter 33

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

“Girls, I think we should leave and give them some privacy. They don’t look like they’ll resume their fighting again” Tiffany said, while dragging Tae Yeon and Hyo Yeon away. They had stayed on to keep an eye to make sure the two ‘kids’ didn’t resume their fight in public. But since it looks like they could finally get around to resolving their problems, it was rude to be watching.

Seo Hyun stopped crying and looked up at Yong Hwa. “Hyu~n-ah, it breaks my heart to see you cry” Yong Hwa confessed. Seo Hyun felt shy and turned away from Yong Hwa, struggling to break her hands free to wipe away her tears. Yong Hwa stood by patiently while Seo Hyun dried her tears hurriedly. When she was done, he sat down and pat the seat next to him “Hyu~n-ah, sit next to oppa”. Yong Hwa turned to face her as she sat down and took both her hands into his and started to warm it up.

“Hyu~n-ah, although Hyo Yeon already told me everything, I want you to tell me again so that I have the chance to explain” Yong Hwa said gently, still rubbing Seo Hyun’s hands. Seo Hyun sat there quietly, too embarrassed to speak. “How about this, Oppa will help you and then you can add anything I have missed out, ok” Yong Hwa offered. Seo Hyun just nodded.

“Mm… First, you were upset at Oppa for not calling and texting as much, right” Yong Hwa asked. Seo Hyun nodded again, feeling sheepish. “Mm… And then next, you were worried the scandal with Shin Hye was true, right?” Yong Hwa asked again. Seo Hyun nodded, feeling embarrassed. “Mmm.. And lastly, you thought I had changed my mind about us dating because I hadn’t gotten Lee Soo Man sajangnim’s approval yet, right?” Yong Hwa asked. Seo Hyun nodded again. This was precisely why she didn’t bring it up to Yong Hwa earlier because hearing him say it out loud makes it sound ridiculously stupid. Seo Hyun sighed…

Yong Hwa reached over and lifted Seo Hyun’s chin so that she would look into his eyes. “Just these three things, right?” Yong Hwa asked, smiling his cute smile at her. Seo Hyun looked down again and said quietly, “It’s not three things Oppa, just one big thing”. “Oh?? How so?” Yong Hwa asked, surprised.

Seo Hyun spoke without daring to look into Yong Hwa’s eyes, “I felt that you had changed your mind about wanting to be with me because it’s been months since we each confessed and you hadn’t called or texted as much as you used to. And at the same time, there was the scandal about you and Shin Hye unnie dating. So I started worrying that maybe the news reports were right, that’s why you didn’t bother with Lee Soo Man sajangnim’s approval or even cared about me anymore since you seemed more distant.”

“It also hurt that you had so many kissing scenes with Shin Hye unnie. Also, the fans were posting pictures and videos of the two of you during filming and you both seemed so happy together. The netizens were even posting proof that both of you were together. It made me feel…insecure” Seo Hyun admitted as Yong Hwa sat quietly, absorbing it all in.

“Hyu~n-ah, why didn’t you speak to me about this earlier?” Yong Hwa asked gently. “Because it’s so stupid. Even speaking of it now, I feel so stupid” Seo Hyun said, embarrassed. “It’s not stupid my dear. If you value our relationship, then you should speak to me about it, regardless of whether you think it’s stupid or not. Else, we’ll be arguing about things again like we did today. And I don’t want to argue with you. It hurts me too much” Yong Hwa reasoned.

Seo Hyun remembered the harsh words she had said to Yong Hwa earlier. “I’m sorry for the things I said Oppa” Seo Hyun apologised. “It’s ok if I hurt, it’s you hurting that hurts me more than anything” Yong Hwa confessed. Seo Hyun looked up at Yong Hwa, surprised. “Why? Don’t you believe me?” Yong Hwa teased. Seo Hyun smiled a little.