Chapter 47

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

Over the next couple of months, Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun shopped for couple items. They didn’t coordinate when they’d wear them but they did sometimes coordinate on which hand they’d wear their bracelets and on which finger they’d wear their rings. They were constantly waiting for netizens to start asking questions but nobody had yet. “Hyu~n, it’s weird that nobody has noticed yet” Yong Hwa said, surprised at their amazing luck. “Oppa, I think it’s because they think we have similar tastes since we used to turn up for WGM with similar clothes so maybe they think it’s purely coincidental? Besides, half the clothes are from gogumas. They probably recognized that” Seo Hyu reasoned. “Mm… That’s true…” Yong Hwa replied.

 

It was April 25th, the day before the Baeksang awards and Seo Hyun and Yong Hwa were having dinner at Min Hyuk’s father’s restaurant. It hadn’t been that long since they last saw each other but they still wanted to spend every possible moment with together. They didn’t know when their schedules would change all of a sudden so they hardly made plans for the future. They just met whenever they could. In public and in front of cameras, they tried not to greet each other or look at each other. They maintained an aloof distance from each other, praying that the speculation about them would stop.

 

“Hyu~n, what will you be doing tomorrow? Will you be watching the Baeksang awards?” Yong Hwa asked in between mouthfuls of his dessert. “Mmm… No, I’ll be going to support Sunny unnie’s musical” Seo Hyun replied. “But tomorrow’s the Baeksang awards. Most of the reporters and paparazzi will be there instead of Sunny’s musical. Will you get enough publicity?” Yong Hwa noted with concern.  “Oh no no, I’m not doing it for the publicity. I just want to watch Sunny unnie’s musical and give her encouragement. In fact, that’s why I chose tomorrow as I know most of the press will be at the Baeksang awards so I wouldn’t be bothered” Seo Hyun explained. It was true that they often attended events as publicity for either themselves or the event they were attending but not this time. “Ooo.. I see. Well, give my best to Sunny. Tell her I will find the time to attend her musical soon” Yong Hwa smiled.

 

They finished their dinner and started setting up the projector. Yong Hwa had bought a projector and some simple speakers for a makeshift mini theatre that they could set up at Min Hyuk’s father’s restaurant. Because they couldn’t go to the cinema, they decided to bring the cinema to them. Min Hyuk even bought a comfortable sofa as a gift for them. Seo Hyun cuddled into Yong Hwa’s embrace as the movie started. They were watching a comedy today.

 

********************************************************************************

 

April 26 2012

 

It was almost midnight by the time Seo Hyun returned with Sunny from the musical. After the musical ended, Seo Hyun went backstage to present flowers to Sunny. The flowers were a gift of encouragement from all the SNSD members. They decided that the girls would come separately to as many shows as possible to show their support for Sunny and today was Seo Hyun’s turn.

 

“Sunny!!! Did you like our flowers?” Tiffany called from the living the moment Sunny walked through the front door. The rest of the SNSD girls had also just returned from their individual schedules not too long ago and were all slumped on the sofa in the living room, too tired to move. “Thank you unnie! They were beautiful!” Sunny said, full of aegyo. “Seo Hyun, how was the musical? Did you enjoy it?” Hyo Yeon asked. “Oh.. Definitely! Sunny unnie was so good!!” Seo Hyun gushed. She really did enjoy the musical and Sunny did a great job. She was proud of her.

 

Suddenly Seo Hyun’s phone rang, “Hello? Oh…Jin Woon-ah.. How are you?” Seo Hyun said as she picked up the phone. “Me? Oh.. I just came back from Sunny unnie’s musical. Have you seen it? You should go see it some time. It was great! I loved it! And Sunny unnie was just brilliant!” Seo Hyun gushed. The girls couldn’t hear the rest of the conversation but Seo Hyun was awfully quiet. “Ne… I see.. No, I didn’t know about that.. Thank you for telling me” Seo Hyun said softly. “Hyunnie, what did Jin Woon say?” Soo Young asked, concern spread across her face.

 

“Unnie, did any of you watch the Baeksang awards?” Seo Hyun asked, looking slightly dazed. “Nope.. I think most of us just returned. Why? Jung seobang was there right?” Yuri said as she rubbed her sore feet. “Ne… Jin Woon just called” Seo Hyun said absently. “Yes, we heard you call his name when you answered the phone” Jessica said. “He said… he said….. Yong oppa….. Yong oppa, went onstage to present Shin Hye unnie with flowers as she was receiving an award….” Seo Hyun said, as tears filled her eyes.

 

“What?!??! Why??” Tae Yeon yelled. “Unnie, please tell me… Is it wrong for me to feel upset about this?” Seo Hyun asked, on the verge of tears. “No, it’s not wrong of you to feel upset about this” Yoona said as she hugged Seo Hyun. “He gave Shin Hye flowers during last year’s Baeksang awards as well, right?” Sunny asked. “Yes, but we weren’t together then…” Seo Hyun said simply. “He didn’t tell you he was going to give Shin Hye flowers?” Tiffany asked gently. Seo Hyun shook her head. “We had dinner last night and watched a movie as well. He didn’t mention anything about giving Shin Hye unnie flowers” Seo Hyun said as tears rolled down her cheeks. He’s never even given me flowers before, Seo Hyun thought bitterly to herself.