Chapter 45

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

After dinner, everybody crowded around the TV, to watch the New Year Eve concert. It was a fun but exhausting day and they were beat from all the laughter they had the whole afternoon. “I have a solution to your problem, Jung seobang”, Soo Young suddenly sat up and looked straight at Yong Hwa. “My problem? What problem?” Yong Hwa was puzzled. “I know how we can conceal your relationship with Joo Hyun from the public” Soo Young said. “Go on…” Hyo Yeon encouraged.

 

“Well, just give them a reason to suspect you’re with someone else” Soo Young said vaguely. “How are we supposed to do that?” Seo Hyun asked. “I think I know… Hyunnie, remember when you were having duets with Kyu Hyun oppa at every SM Town concert? The fans thought both of you were dating” Tiffany explained. “Eyy.. But that’s just for work. And plus, we can’t force the fans to think what we want them to think” Seo Hyun dismissed. “Yes.. But we can influence them” Tae Yeon said, her eyes twinkling.

 

“Oh Tae Yeon, you look scary” Yong Hwa shuddered. “See, if both of you have less interaction with each other but have more interaction with other people of the opposite gender, then people will start to compare and say, it’s highly unlikely that the two of you are together for the lack of contact/interaction/etc etc..” Yuri added. “Yuri, you’re just confusing them. Here, let me try.  Jung seobang, you’ll be going to Japan with Shin Hye-ssi to promote your drama, Heartstrings right? If you behaved friendly with her, the focus will be off the two of you” Hyo Yeon chimed. “Ahh.. I understand now. But we’ve been doing that - fan the flames the wrong way” Yong Hwa said. “Really? Cos we kinda don’t think you’re fanning hard enough” Sunny said honestly.

 

“Here! Wear this!!” Yuri was passing out party hats. It was 15 minutes to midnight and they were all excited for the New Year countdown. “Hey! Let’s pop the champaigne!” Sunny suggested. “Jung seobang, you shall have the honour of popping the champaigne” Tiffany said as she handed him the bottle. “That’s only because you don’t know how to pop it yourself” Soo Young blurted. “No, it’s because she’s trying to be demure” Yoona teased. That earned her a smack from Tiffany.

 

“The countdown is starting!!” Hyo Yeon yelled.

 

10!!!

 

9!!!

 

8!!!

 

7!!!

 

6!!!

 

5!!!

 

4!!!

 

3!!!!

 

2!!!!

 

1!!!!

 

“Happy New Year!!!” everyone shouted in unison as they clinked their glasses together.

 

“Look at the fireworks!!!” shouted Jessica from the balcony. Soon, everybody was crowded on the balcony to see the fireworks from a distance. Yong Hwa did like fireworks but the one thing that had all his attention right now was the girl standing in front of him. Seo Hyun was staring up into the sky, squealing and fawning over how pretty the fireworks were. Yong Hwa smiled, now that’s a sight that always takes away my breath, Yong Hwa thought to himself. As if mesmerized, Yong Hwa walked towards Seo Hyun and hugged her from behind and whispered into her ear, “Happy New Year, Hyu~n. In 2012, I pledge to do better to protect our relationship and I promise to love you more. I love you so much, Hyu~n” Turning around, Seo Hyun looked into his eyes, gave him a quick peck on the lips and turned back around, embarrassed.

 

Yong Hwa’s manager came an hour later to pick him up. “Thank you girls for hosting me and giving me this opportunity to be with Hyu~n. I really appreciate it..” Yong Hwa said as he bowed deeply to the girls from the door. “I’ll walk you down, Oppa” Seo Hyun said. “It’s ok Hyu~n, I’ve got to run over to the 24 hour mart down the street. I don’t want Hyung to wait too long. Someone might recognize him and get suspicious” Yong Hwa explained. “Jung seobang, thank you for coming!” Yuri, Yoona, Hyo Yeon and Sunny said in unison. “Happy New Year!!!” Tae Yeon, Soo Young, Jessica and Tiffany yelled.