Chapter 14

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

Seo Hyun walked through the back door of Min Hyuk’s family restaurant where her manager had dropped her off. The girls managed to get their manager to agree to letting Seo Hyun have dinner with Yong Hwa after Seo Hyun retold him the story she had told her unnies. He’s always liked Yong Hwa and felt that he was a good match for Seo Hyun so it did not take him long to jump on the bandwagon.

 

Min Hyuk’s father greeted Seo Hyun and ushered her upstairs, away from prying eyes. The room upstairs was always reserved for CNBLUE members so that they could eat in peace, without fans gawking at them or worse, interrupting them. They could always count on this place for much needed privacy.

 

Reaching the top of the stairs, Seo Hyun saw Yong Hwa and immediately greeted him with a bow. She’d been feeling nervous ever since she received Yong Hwa’s text about having dinner together. They’ve been comfortable texting and talking on the phone for the last month but they hadn’t actually seen each other since the last WGM filming.

 

“Hyu~n, are you nervous?” teased Yong Hwa. “Aahhhh… A little bit oppa. Brings back memories of our first meeting doesn’t it?” Seo Hyun replied. Yong Hwa chuckled, “Have a seat and let’s get comfortable”. “Seo Hyun-ssi, what would you like to eat? Yong Hwa here said he wouldn’t order without consulting you”, Min Hyuk’s father teased.

 

“Ahhh.. Really? Ohh… It’s ok oppa, you should have ordered first”, said Seo Hyun, slightly embarrassed.

 

After Min Hyuk’s father left to prepare their meal, Yong Hwa motioned for Seo Hyun to look into the grill in front of them. “While we wait, we can have this first”, said Yong Hwa. “What is that oppa?” asked Seo Hyun. “What else Hyu~n, it’s your favourite gogumas!” replied Yong Hwa. “I was early so I grilled gogumas first so that you could have them when you arrived” Yong Hwa explained.

 

Seo Hyun squealed excitedly and Yong Hwa sat there smiling like a dork at her like he always did when he was happy. They spent the next two hours eating and talking and laughing and basically just enjoying each other’s company. They were both very happy and very full by the end of the meal.

 

“Hyun-ah, it’s still early. Would you like to take a drive and let our food digest before sending you back to your dorm?” Yong Hwa asked. He didn’t want to leave her just yet and he still had something he needed to say to Seo Hyun, but not here. Seo Hyun thought for awhile before agreeing, like she always did.