Chapter 42

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

Yong Hwa would very much rather spend alone time with Seo Hyun as he had promised her but today’s event was so huge with all the who’s who of the K-pop world all at one spot that paparazzi and fans alike were watching their favourite idols’ every move. It would be too risky to try to leave with Seo Hyun, even with disguises, his manager had insisted. “I’ll run over to SNSD changing room to let Seo Hyun know the change of plans. Sorry kid.. Would love to help but it’s too risky..” CNBLUE manager said apologetically to Yong Hwa.

 

“Okay, here’s what we’re going to… I will drop all four of you off at the main door of your dorm so that the paparazzi and fans following us will see all FOUR of you going home. Then I’ll park the car in the basement, and leave with my own car instead. Yong Hwa, you follow the boys up to your floor, and then take the stairs down to the basement and meet me at my car” CNBLUE manager instructed. “Actually, I think it’s better if Yong Hwa hyung changes his clothes or at least his jacket so that if anybody caught a of glimpse of him, they wouldn’t be so sure as his jacket is different” Jung Shin suggested. “Yeah, maybe one with a hood and keep the hood up. And maybe a scarf to  block half your face too” Min Hyuk added. Yong Hwa was too tense to speak. He felt like a criminal, trying to escape.

 

“Hyung, your shoes are too flashy. Wear something more plain! You’re trying to blend in and be forgettable, remember?” Jong Hyun shouted, just before Yong Hwa reached for the door. Yong Hwa doubled back and grabbed his worn out black boots and shoved them on. He’s been rushing like crazy since he arrived inside his dorm. Jung Shin and Min Hyuk had insisted he change his pants and shirt as well and now, here was Jong Hyun telling him about his shoes. It was just 10 minutes since the four of them made a show at the lobby, waving their manager hyung thanks and goodbye.

 

Yong Hwa raced down the stairs two at a time while trying to put on a black scarf to hide his face. He almost tripped a couple of times, but he kept his pace. He wasn’t really in a hurry, he just wanted to see Seo Hyun faster. By the time he reached his manager’s car, Yong Hwa was panting and sweating like crazy. Catching his breath, he apologized to his manager “Hyung, sorry… The boys insisted I change everything!!” “It’s ok.. It wasn’t that long. Now climb in the back and stay on the floor of the car. Sorry.. It’s not quite appropriate or comfortable but unfortunately it’s necessary. We need to show them I’m leaving alone” CNBLUE manager instructed.

 

“Yong Hwa-ya, I can’t see anybody following us, but to be on the safe side, can you manage staying down till we get there?” CNBLUE manager said. “Hyung, can I at least lie on the seat? Your car is slightly tinted and they won’t be able to see in since it’s night” Yong Hwa struggled to speak. “Ahh.. Of course of course. Why didn’t I think of that. I’m sorry Yong Hwa-ya…” his manager replied. Yong Hwa struggled to free himself from the tiny space on the floor of the car and rolled onto the seat, “Ahhh.. That’s better.”

 

“Hyung, do you think I’m crazy for going to such great lengths for love?” Yong Hwa asked. He’d been mulling over this question for awhile now and was wondering if it was a normal thing to do. “Yong Hwa-ya, everybody needs love. And you going through such great lengths is only because you’re both idols. But do non-idols do crazy things for love? Of course they do. You’re just having a much harder time on an everyday basis because of your job. That’s all” CNBLUE manager replied calmly. He knew Yong Hwa well and he knew right now, all Yong Hwa needed were reassurances and support, which is why he always went to great lengths himself to help Yong Hwa with dating Seo Hyun. Yong Hwa deserved to be dating the girl he loved so dearly.