Chapter 30

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

Yong Hwa was shocked to the core. Who was this woman? What happened to the lovely, sweet, patient Seo Hyun that I knew? What happened to the Seo Hyun that loved me? He sank down to the floor as his tears started to fall. He felt his heart breaking, it hurt much more than when he had to walk away from her on the last day of WGM. It felt 1000 times worse.

Seo Hyun stood in front of the elevator, waiting for it to come. She needed fresh air, she’s never said anything just to spite anyone before and she felt sick that she did it to Yong Hwa. When the elevator arrived, she got in and pushed L, she just wanted to be out in the open air. She was glad there were no fans around as she started to exit the hotel. She didn’t know where she was going, she just wanted to be outside.

Hyo Yeon had just finished filling Tae Yeon and Tiffany in on the latest developments between Seo Hyun and Yong Hwa when they heard a room door close. “Is that your room door, Hyo Yeon?” Tae Yeon asked. “It does sound like it’s next door” Hyo Yeon replied cautiously, hoping that they weren’t still biting each other’s heads off like in the dressing room earlier. Tiffany rushed towards the door and peeked out the peephole.

“Yahh!! It’s maknae! She’s at the elevator!” Tiffany shrieked. “What??? Where is she going? Where’s Yong Hwa? Yahh.. Tiffany, put on your shoes and go after her!” Tae Yeon ordered. Tae Yeon and Tiffany rushed towards the elevator while Hyo Yeon walked towards her room, hoping that Yong Hwa had left with Seo Hyun and that they had made up.

Hyo Yeon opened the door slowly, still hoping that she would not find Yong Hwa in the room. “Jung seobang……” Hyo Yeon called gently when she saw him, still crouched on the floor with tears streaming down his face. Yong Hwa looked up and quickly turned his face away. He wasn’t going to let people see him in this pathetic state. Hyo Yeon crouched down to the floor next to him and passed him a box of tissues.

“Arghh.. It’s so cold out here. Where is she going?” Tiffany hugged Tae Yeon tighter as they followed Seo Hyun out onto the streets of Niigata. “If only I knew she was going outdoors, I would have worn a sweater!!” Tae Yeon whined. Neither of them, including Seo Hyun had enough sense to wear a sweater in the cold autumn night. “Should we call for backup? Maybe someone could bring us our sweaters as well as something for Hyunnie” Tiffany said through chattering teeth.

Seo Hyun didn’t feel the cold, she was too absorbed in her thoughts. She thought back on everything that has happened and felt her heart sink. It’s over.. Everything is over. Oppa never even explained anything. I don’t know why he even bothered to come see me if he was just going to keep quiet. Maybe he just wanted to let me vent it all out and then tell me it’s over. And that he wants to be with Shin Hye unnie. Maybe that’s really why he hasn’t spoken to Lee Soo Man sajangnim. No wonder he called less. He must have been so enamoured with Shin Hye unnie to remember me. Seo Hyun started sobbing. She just allowed herself to wallow in self-pity.