Chapter 3

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

“Hyung, let’s go wash your face” said Jong Hyun gently. “I’ve got it” said Yong Hwa as he made his way to the bathroom. As he was closing the bathroom door, Jong Hyun made a move to stop him. “I’ll come in with you and help you”, said a worried Jong Hyun. He didn’t want his Hyung to lock himself inside and avoid coming out. “Jong Hyun-ah.. I’m ok. I’ll come out after I wash my face ok” Yong Hwa said quietly. “Ok Hyung, but don’t lock the door ok.” cautioned Jong Hyun. “I won’t lock the door, don’t worry Jong Hyun-ah” replied Yong Hwa.

 

He was thankful for his dongsaengs’ concerns. He felt touched yet there was nothing he could do to stop feeling this way. Yong Hwa splashed his face with cold water a couple of times, shut off the tap and wiped his face before opening the door to see three worried faces staring back at him. “Hyung, I’ll make you a cup of warm honey tea” said Min Hyuk as he rushed towards the kitchen. Yong Hwa smiled after the boy, he always tries too hard.

 

Jong Hyun and Jung Shin parted to let Yong Hwa out of the bathroom and following him into the living room. Yong Hwa sank into the sofa the moment he reached it. Jong Hyun and Jung Shin followed suit and sandwiched him between them, both looking at him worriedly. “Hyung, here’s your honey tea” said Min Hyuk as he handed him the steaming cup of tea. “Thank you Min Hyuk-ah” said Yong Hwa as Min Hyuk sat down at Yong Hwa’s feet.

 

“Yahhh Min Hyuk-ah, sit properly on a chair, you’ll strain your back, sitting so much lower than me” chided Yong Hwa. “It’s ok Hyung, I’m ok here” Min Hyuk replied, smiling at his Hyung. He wanted to be able to see his Hyung face to face. “No no Min Hyuk, go grab the single seater sofa and bring it here. Jung Shin ah, help him with the sofa” insisted Yong Hwa. While waiting for Min Hyuk and Jung Shin to move the sofa, Yong Hwa finished the hot tea that Min Hyuk prepared and put the cup down on the floor. He felt the liquid burning his insides as he swallowed. It was probably too hot but pain like that could not compare to the pain in his heart. He sighed..

 

“Are you ok Hyung?” Jong Hyun asked quietly. Yong Hwa sighed again… “Boys.. Thank you for everything. Thank you for being so supportive at this very difficult time. I really appreciate it. I don’t know what I would do without all of you. I would probably still be in my car if not for you boys.” came Yong Hwa’s heartfelt speech. Jung Shin and Jong Hyun both reached for Yong Hwa’s hand and held it, not trusting themselves to say the right thing.

 

Nobody dared to speak. They didn’t want to pressure their Hyung to open up but they also wouldn’t want him to wallow in his sadness alone in his room. Regardless of what anybody says, a sad person shouldn’t be by themselves at any time and they knew their Hyung. He needed to speak his heart and unload everything, else he would fall into an abyss. He isn’t the E for Emotional in CNBlue for nothing.