Chapter 40

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

29 December 2011

 

As usual, due to their insanely busy schedule, Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun couldn’t spend the year end holidays together. Some days the schedules were so crazy that they only managed to text each other goodnight and good morning. But most days, they always squeezed in some time to skype each other late at night when everyone else was asleep. It was the only way they could see each other and talk to each other.

 

“Oppa, we’ll finally be able to see each other for the first time in months tomorrow at Gayo Daejun. Aren’t you excited?” Seo Hyun said excitedly, leaning forward towards her computer. “Hyu~n-ah, you’re too close. Your face looks so big over here. It’s scary!!” Yong Hwa . He was always so playful. Even more so whenever he’s happy and he’s always happy with Seo Hyun around.

 

“Hyungsoonim! How are you?” Min Hyuk suddenly popped into the frame. “Oh!! Min Hyuk-ah, I’m good thanks. How are you?” Seo Hyun replied. She could hear Yong Hwa’s adorable laughter in the background. “Hyungsoonim, don’t you think Hyung is getting more and more handsome lately?” Min Hyuk asked. “Eh? Why?” Seo Hyun asked, confused. “He’s so in love with you that he’s become more handsome!” Min Hyuk laughed into the camera. “Hey! Get out! Stop hogging my precious time with my girl” Yong Hwa said, jokingly pushing Min Hyuk out of the frame. “Ok ok.. But Jong Hyun hyung asked me to remind you that we will be leaving for SBS studio in 10 minutes” Min Hyuk said before closing the door behind him.

 

“Ah Hyu~n, guess we’ll have to cut this short then. We’re going in early for our practice but you’ll be there later as well, right?” Yong Hwa asked, hopeful. “Yes, our rehearsal schedule is in the afternoon but I might pop by earlier to watch you guys perform. I can’t promise anything but I’ll try” Seo Hyun replied. “Ok.. I WILL see you later” Yong Hwa said, flashing his big smile to his darling girlfriend. “I love you!!” “I love you too Oppa” Seo Hyun replied before ending the video chat.

 

********************************************************************************

 

“Girls!! Get ready! We’re leaving in 20 minutes!” Tae Yeon shouted from her room door. “Where’s my curler? Yoona, did you take my curler??” Jessica screamed from her room. None of the girls seemed to be ready for the rehearsal. “Unnie, why do you need to curl your hair today? It’s just a rehearsal. Besides, our hairstylists will have their own curlers” Yuri asked. Jessica rolled her eyes, “It’s not for the rehearsal or the performance. I just can’t seem to find it, therefore I’m just asking.” Yuri was too embarrassed to speak.

 

“Here! You left your curler in the bathroom!” Soo Young said, ing the curler into Jessica’s hands. “Oops…” Jessica said, her turn to be embarrassed. “Sunny, you haven’t packed your shoes!” Tiffany bellowed, holding up Sunny’s shoes from her room. “What’s my shoes doing in your room??” Sunny sounded surprised. “Your beading came off and I said I’d help you with it, didn’t I?” Tiffany rolled her eyes. This girl sure is forgetful. “Oh.. right… Thanks Fany!!!” Sunny said while jumping onto Tiffany for a hug.

 

“Maknae! I can’t find my Run Devil Run costume!! Have you seen it?” Hyo Yeon shouted while running frantically from one room to another. “Unnie, I told you I packed it with mine, didn’t I?” Seo Hyun shouted from the bathroom. She couldn’t decide what she should do with her hair so she’s been alternating between tying it up and leaving it down. She wanted to look her best for Yong Hwa. “Tae Yeon unnie! You still haven’t finished your lunch!!” Yonna shouted from the kitchen. It’s a good thing their rehearsal wasn’t in the morning. They’ve been running around the whole morning, just trying to get ready for the rehearsal.

 

An hour later, they finally arrived at SBS. “SNSD, your rehearsal slot begins in 10 minutes. Please be ready by then” the coordinator announced as they arrived backstage. Each performer was assigned rehearsal slots throughout the day to iron out the final arrangements of sound check and stage positions. And once all performers had performed, the full rehearsal will begin.

 

“Hyung, SNSD is having their rehearsal now” Jung Shin announced as he walked into the CNBLUE changing room. “I know, that’s where I’m headed right now” Yong Hwa replied as he walked out the room. Yong Hwa found 2AM sitting in the audience and decided to join them. It would be much too obvious if he sat alone. At least he wouldn’t stick out like a sore thumb sitting with a bunch of people. He pretended to be looking for Min Hyuk, “Seulong hyung, have you seen Min Hyuk?” Yong Hwa asked as he sat down next to Seulong.

 

“Oh.. Yong Hwa-ya, how are you? Min Hyuk? No, I haven’t seen him” Seulong replied while looking around. “Ahh.. Really? Hmm.. He left our changing room half an hour ago so I’m just looking for him” Yong Hwa bluffed. “Don’t worry about the kid. He won’t get lost. Besides, your rehearsal is over. Give him a break. While you, on the other hand, can enjoy your wife’s performance” Seulong teased while nodding towards the stage where SNSD was. “Hyung, we’ve divorced” Yong Hwa said, trying to keep a straight face.

 

Seo Hyun hadn’t noticed Yong Hwa in the audience until 2AM boys started shouting “Seo Hyun, Yong Hwa is here to watch your performance. Show him how y you are!!” Seo Hyun blushed profusely, thankful that they were still running through the sound check and stage positions. The other SNSD girls however, were sniggering on stage and throwing Seo Hyun knowing glances.

 

After one and a half hours of rehearsal, SNSD exited the stage to make way for Sistar. Yong Hwa had left earlier, before the end of SNSD’s rehearsal and made his way backstage, in hopes of bumping into Seo Hyun as she exited the stage. “Jung seobang!!!” Hyo Yeon and Tiffany shrieked when they saw Yong Hwa walking their way. Yong Hwa blushed and bowed timidly to each of the girls as they walked by, “Oh hello”.  When it was Seo Hyun’s turn, they both smiled and grasped each other’s hands briefly as they passed each other. It was the only contact they could risk as the SNSD girls were surrounding them and served as a shield, blocking other people from seeing this intimate exchange. “I’ll chat with you later tonight” Yong Hwa whispered to Seo Hyun. Seo Hyun nodded and smiled before hurrying away.