Chapter 37

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

 Seo Hyun was woken up by the incessant ringing of the phone. She had tried to ignore it for the longest time as she was too tired to get up but it just wouldn’t stop. “Hello??” Seo Hyun slurred groggily as she picked up the phone. “Seo Joo Hyun!! We need to leave for the airport at 7AM. Where are you?” Hyo Yeon practically screamed into the phone. That woke Seo Hyun up effectively, “What time is it unnie?” “It’s 6.30AM!! I thought you’d know your schedule at the very least!!” Hyo Yeon was still shouting into the phone. “Omo!! I haven’t packed my things!!” Seo Hyun panicked now. “I already packed it for you! Just get down here and shower. We haven’t got much time!” Hyo Yeon barked.

 

“Oppa! Oppa! I have to go!” Seo Hyun shook Yong Hwa. “Mmm?? Go where Joo Hyun-ah?” Yong Hwa replied sleepily, his eyes still closed. “I’m flying back to Seoul in 2.5 hours. We’re leaving for the airport in half an hour” Seo Hyun replied, frantically putting on her schoes. Yong Hwa sat up straight “You’re leaving now???” “I’m sorry Oppa, I forgot about it. I’ll text you later ok. What time are you leaving for Seoul?” Seo Hyun asked, reaching for her jacket. “Our flight is at 8PM tonight” Yong Hwa replied. “Ok, call me when you get back to Seoul ok. I really got to go now!” Seo Hyun said while leaning in to kiss Yong Hwa. As Seo Hyun dashed towards the door, Yong Hwa called after her “I love you Hyu~n!!”. Yong Hwa heard her reply “I love you too, Oppa!” before the door slammed shut.

 

The moment Seo Hyun got back to her room, she headed straight for the bathroom and took a quick shower. She was tired but her adrenaline rush was driving her. Hyo Yeon had packed all her things for her, only laying out the clothes she would wear for the day. The frantic rushing around to get cleaned up worked. She sat on the bed, completely depleted of adrenaline with 10 minutes to spare. Hyo Yeon sat down next to her “Seo Joo Hyun, I’m glad you guys made up but I think you are being a little reckless. You’re not even officially together. Imagine what Lee Soo Man sajangnim will say when he hears of this” Hyo Yeon said calmly but firmly.

 

Seo Hyun turned to look at Hyo Yeon, “Unnie, we didn’t do anything yesterday, I swear! We just talked the whole night, catching up on everything since we hadn’t spent time together for the last few months. Besides, he managed to get Lee sajangnim’s approval already. Yesterday. Just before our duet.” Hyo Yeon gaped at her, “Really?? So are you two officially together??” Seo Hyun nodded and Hyo Yeon squealed. “Yay!!!! Now tell me everything!!” Hyo Yeon pleaded. Seo Hyun told Hyo Yeon a gist of the proposal and a little of what they talked about last night. Seo Hyun admitted shyly to Hyo Yeon about them kissing and cuddling but there really wasn’t anything more. She wasn’t that rash or reckless to do anything irresponsible.

 

By the time Seo Hyun boarded the bus for the airport, she felt like a zombie. Hyo Yeon woke her up at 6.30AM and she had only managed to fall asleep at 5AM so that meant she only slept for an hour and a half. No wonder she was zombified. Seo Hyun wasn’t the only one who dozed off to sleep on the bus. All the other SNSD members were also sleeping, exhausted from the whole day of rehearsal and performance the day before. Seo Hyun had made Hyo Yeon promise not to tell the rest of the girls about Yong Hwa and her officially dating as there were too many people around and she knew from experience that they wouldn’t be able to tamp down their excitement for something like this.