Chapter 43

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

“I’m going to have to drop you off a block away. Best I can do is the 24 hour mart here. Go in, buy something and pretend you’re walking ‘home’.. ” CNBLUE manager chuckled. “Thanks hyung! Now go home and rest. I’ll figure out how to get home later” Yong Hwa clapsed his manager’s hand before climbing out the car.

 

Yong Hwa knew how much the SNSD girls loved to eat so he bought bags and bags of snacks for this late night visit. He tried not to look around too much, it would make him look suspicious but from the corner of his eyes, he noted that the neighbourhood was quiet. Hopefully all the paparazzi and fans had left, he prayed internally. As he reached SNSD’s dorm, he took out Seo Hyun’s key that she had passed to his manager earlier to let himself into the lobby and headed straight for the elevators.

 

Ahh.. Here I am, Yong Hwa thought to himself before bracing himself to ring the doorbell. He heard a squeal, a shout and a lot of hushing before the door flew open. Seo Hyun gave him the sweetest smile and he melted, rooted on the spot. “Jung seobang! Come in! Quick!!!” Hyo Yeon whispered loudly. Looking past Seo Hyun, Yong Hwa saw 8 faces peering at him from around the corner. “Grab him, Joo Hyun-ah!!” Tae Yeon whispered, equally as loud. Seo Hyun pulled him in and quickly shut the door.

 

“Oh hello… I hope I’m not intruding” Yong Hwa bowed as soon as he got his senses back and started removing his coat and scarf. “No no, not at all!” Tiffany replied cheerfully. They all liked Yong Hwa and appreciated how well he treated Seo Hyun. “Snacks!!! Here, I’ll help you with that” Soo Young squealed while reaching forward to free Yong Hwa’s hands from the snacks he brought.

 

“Welcome to SNSD dorm!!” the girls shouted as he stepped foot into the living room. “Before we get too comfortable, let’s show you around first, ya?” Sunny invited. Yong Hwa was surprised by all the pink and red he saw around the place. He was finally able to see Seo Hyun’s room. He was happy to see she had put up a lot of their photos together. “Jung seobang, you’re smiling like a dork again! You like Joo Hyun’s room, don’t you?” Yuri teased. “Yeah, Jung seobang, I have to put up with seeing your face everywhere everyday! You’re lucky you’re good looking” Hyo Yeon joined in the teasing.

 

“Hyunnie, why don’t you give Jung seobang something comfortable to change into?” Yuri suggested. “Ne?? No, it’s ok Yuri” Yong Hwa declined immediately. “What you’re wearing now is not comfortable for sleeping” Yoona reasoned. “Ne?? Sleep? No no no… I’m not sleeping here. I will probably take a taxi back later” Yong Hwa explained. “Jung seobang, do you have any schedule tomorrow?” Soo Young asked, while munching on the snacks she’s been carrying around. “No, I don’t have any schedule tomorrow, which is why I can be here now” Yong Hwa replied. “Good, so you can stay here tonight then. Joo Hyun, find something comfortable for Jung seobang” Jessica said, matter of factly. “What?? I don’t think it’s appropriate for me to stay here…” Yong Hwa responded exasperated.

 

“Jung seobang, don’t be silly. Of course you won’t be sleeping here with Joo Hyun. You will be sleeping in the living room. We have a sofa bed there” Hyo Yeon replied. None of them were taking his refusal seriously. “But… This is a girls dorm… Do guys sleep over often??” Yong Hwa asked, suddenly suspicious of their gracious offer. “Of course not. You’ll be the first. We’re making an exception for you” Tiffany said while nodding her head. “But why?” Yong Hwa was confused.

 

“Because… You haven’t seen Hyunnie in months and it’s a rare day off that you guys get to spend together tomorrow. But you can’t go out, lest you be spotted by eagle eyed fans and paparazzi and we can’t let Hyunnie stay over at your place. So the only place you guys can hang out is here, where WE can keep an eye on both of YOU” Tae Yeon explained. “No hanky panky business!” Sunny said, wagging her index finger in front of Yong Hwa’s face. “Does your manager know about this?” Yong Hwa asked cautiously. “Oh actually, they came up with the idea” Jessica piped up. “Who’s they?” Yong Hwa felt like he was in a sea of confusion. “Both our managers, of course” Yoona said.

 

Just then, Yong Hwa’s phone beeped. A text message had come through. It was from his manager:

 

Yong Hwa-ya, I’m sure you know by now that you’re spending the night at SNSD dorm. You’ll have 24 hours with Seo Hyun! Sorry for not telling you. It’s a present from me : ) You’ve worked hard in 2011. Now enjoy the last day of 2011 with Seo Hyun! I’ll pick you up exactly 24 hours from now. By the way, check your backpack. I told Jong Hyun to pack your amenities and a change of clothes.