Chapter 16

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

Seo Hyun sat frozen in her seat. Did she hear him right? Was she dreaming? Is this even possible?

 

“Joo Hyun-ah, oppa is not expecting anything from you. You don’t even have to say anything if you don’t want to. I just wanted to tell you how I felt. I just want you to be happy, even if it’s not with me” Yong Hwa said as he felt the blood starting to drain from him. He had done it. He had confessed. But it doesn’t seem as if she’s feeling the same for him.

 

Yong Hwa looked at her one last time before deciding that he should take her home. He felt his heart starting to hurt again. “Maybe I should take you home now” Yong Hwa said as he started to let go of her hand. Suddenly he felt his hand jerk. Seo Hyun was grabbing onto his hands now. His heart skipped a beat. He felt a surge of hope.

 

Seo Hyun knew that if she didn’t tell him how she felt, she would regret it for the rest of her life. “Oppa…” started Seo Hyun. Yong Hwa turned to look at Seo Hyun’s hands holding his and then he looked up at her face. “Oppa, I would like to respond to your confession. Oppa, I like you too” Seo Hyun confessed. “Ne?? Really?” Yong Hwa’s eyes bugged out as he searched Seo Hyun’s face for any hint of humor.

 

Without thinking of the consequences, Seo Hyun had blurted her response to Yong Hwa’s confession with a confession of her own. “Really?? Really really???” Yong Hwa asked incredulously. He was leaning forward now, grabbing both of Seo Hyun’s hands in his and smiling widely. Seo Hyun nodded and smiled shyly. She never imaged she would have the courage to actually confess her feelings to Yong Hwa.

 

With a million thoughts running through their minds, they sat in silence with their fingers intertwined, basking in the happiness of knowing that theirs wasn’t a one sided love. Then Yong Hwa broke the silence, “Hyun-ah, I don’t want to push you, so what should we do? Do we start dating for real? Or do you still need to take things slowly?”