Chapter 2

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

“Yahh!! I think that’s Hyung’s car!!!” shouted Min Hyuk. The three of them had been sitting on the balcony, scanning the street below with binoculars whenever a car turned into their apartment block. They were looking out for their Hyung. “Yes, it’s him! Let’s go!!” Jung Shin confirmed. The three of them scrambled out the front door and rushed to the parking lot.

 

Yong Hwa killed his engine and sat in his car silently. How he got home was a mystery. He definitely did not remember anything about driving home. And the fact that he got home safely was a miracle. He hadn’t been paying attention at all. “It had been a happy day”, he tried to convince himself. He’d been teetering between happiness and sadness the whole day. When he saw her face, he was happy. When he remembered that today was the last day, his heart hurt so much. And right now, she wasn’t here, and the shoot was over, he started to feel his heart beginning to hurt, slowly..and then more and more. Before he knew it, he was sobbing uncontrollably.

 

“Hyung….” he heard Jong Hyun’s voice. He turned to his left and found his car door open and his three dongsaengs looking back at him. “Hyung, let’s get you home” Jong Hyun continued. “I….I…I.. can’t move” Yong Hwa sobbed. “It’s ok Hyung, let us help you” Jong Hyun said while leaning in to unbuckle Yong Hwa’s seatbelt. Jung Shin moved forward and said gently to Yong Hwa “Hyung, I’m going to move your legs ok” before proceeding to lift Yong Hwa’s legs out of the car. Jong Hyun leaned in again to grab Yong Hwa in a hug and lifted him out while Jung Shin shielded his head from banging the car on the way out.

 

Once out of the car, Yong Hwa fell into Jong Hyun’s embrace and started to sob again. He felt embarrassed and useless. Jong Hyun hugged him tight and Jung Shin hugged both of them. Min Hyuk completed the group hug and said “Hyung, we love you”. It was painful for them to see their Hyung like that but all they could do for him now was to protect him and support him. So they stood there in a tight group hug until Yong Hwa got control of himself and said “Let’s go, I feel so exposed here”. With Jong Hyun holding him up, they walked towards the elevator. Min Hyuk and Jung Shin scrambled to get all the things from the car and ran after them.