Chapter 29

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

After he had calmed down and told his three bandmates about the argument between Seo Hyun and himself, Yong Hwa decided he needed to make things right again with her. “Hyung, do you know her room number?” Jung Shin asked. Yong Hwa realized he did not “Err… No….”. “Fifteen twenty eight” Jong Hyun said suddenly. “What??” Yong Hwa asked, puzzled. “I said, fifteen twenty eight. Hyungsoonim’s room number”, Jong Hyun explained, smiling. “How did you get her room number?” Yong Hwa asked, impressed. “I’ll tell you another time, now go get Hyungsoonim back first” Jong Hyun said slyly.

 

Descending three floors, Yong Hwa now stood in front of Seo Hyun’s room, hoping that she’d be in and rang the doorbell.

 

********************************************************************************

 

Hyo Yeon closed , got up, checked the peephole, opened the door and ushered Yong Hwa in without a word.

 

“I’ll be in Tae Yeon’s room next door. You kids behave ok” Hyo Yeon announced while walking out the door.

 

Seo Hyun was still seated on her bed, her head turned away from Yong Hwa while he stood rooted to the spot where Hyo Yeon had left him before she headed out. Neither spoke for a long while. So many things were running through Yong Hwa’s mind as he stood there, just watching Seo Hyun. Her body language suggested she did not welcome his presence and it broke his heart. He desperately wanted to make things better between them but he didn’t know how to break the silence.

Seo Hyun’s anger had not abated and the deafening silence was agitating her, which did not help her already dark mood. Seo Hyun felt stuffy and frustrated and decided she needed to get out of this increasingly uncomfortable atmosphere. Abruptly, she got up, put on her shoes and said “Please feel free to enjoy the silence of the room” before brushing past Yong Hwa towards the door.

As if by reflex, Yong Hwa reached out his hand to grab Seo Hyun’s arm. Their backs were facing each other but Yong Hwa still couldn’t find his voice. Seo Hyun waited for Yong Hwa to speak but he did not, so she struggled to free her arm from Yong Hwa’s grasp but he had a firm grip on her. “Let go” Seo Hyun finally said, giving up her struggle. “Where are you going?” Yong Hwa asked, his voice hoarse.

 

“I’m going to Kyu Hyun oppa’s room” Seo Hyun said indignantly. She hadn’t meant to go to see Kyu Hyun, she just wanted to use his name and inflict the same pain she had been feeling for months. Yong Hwa whipped around to face Seo Hyun “What?!?! Kyu Hyun’s ROOM?! Why?!?!” Yong Hwa shouted. Seo Hyun’s judgment was clouded by her anger and she just wanted to strike Yong Hwa where it hurt most “Why? Because he’s been a very kind, understanding, helpful and caring oppa to me. He’s the only guy who understands me and spares his time for me lately” she replied defiantly.

Yong Hwa couldn’t believe his ears. His blood was boiling and he felt like he was going crazy. “I am aware of the rumours between Kyu Hyun and you, but I dismissed it because I trusted you. Are you saying there’s something going on between the two of you?” Yong Hwa asked, trying to keep calm. Seo Hyun couldn’t face him but she couldn’t lie so she said “No, there’s nothing. But I am aware he likes me. Maybe I want give him a chance”.

Hearing her words made his heart bleed and he let go of Seo Hyun’s hand. Seo Hyun didn’t really have anywhere to go but she couldn’t just stay in the room and face Yong Hwa after what she just said to him. She felt a tinge of regret but she couldn’t take it back now. She was sorry she had said those harsh words to him, but she wasn’t sorry about feeling angry after how he had been treating her the last couple of months. So she reached for the door and walked out.