Chapter 19

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

“Ok  boys, if there’s nothing else, I think we can end today’s meeting here and I’ll see you boys next week” Han Seung Ho said as he started packing up his things. “Erm.. Actually sunbaenim, could I have a word with you privately?” Yong Hwa asked nervously. “Yong Hwa-ya, sure. What’s the matter?” Han sajangnim said as he stopped packing to look up at Yong Hwa. “Maybe we could talk in your office, sunbaenim?” Yong Hwa offered. “Alright, let’s go” replied Han sajangnim, picking up his things.

 

“Yong Hwa-ya, have a seat” said Han sajangnim as he guided Yong Hwa to the comfortable sofa seats inside his office.  “Is there a problem? Is everything ok with your bandmates?” Han sajangnim asked gently. “Ahh.. No no, everything is ok with my bandmates. Jong Hyun, Jung Shin and Min Hyuk have been working hard and we get along very well, sunbaenim. I couldn’t have asked for better bandmates” Yong Hwa replied, still nervous.

 

“I see.. So how may I help you Yong Hwa? You look troubled” Han sajangnim asked, still worried that something might be wrong. “Sunbaenim…. I…. I….. Firstly, I would like to apologize. You have been a great sunbaenim to me, giving me guidance and the opportunity to do what I love, which is to make music. And the last thing I want to do is to disappoint you. I hope I will never be a disappointment to you” said Yong Hwa.

 

“Ahhh.. I really don’t know how to say this, sunbaenim” Yong Hwa said, his eyes almost pleading. “Just say what you want to say Yong Hwa-ya” Han sajangnim encouraged. “Please don’t be disappointed in me, sunbaenim but I….I... am in love with Seo Hyun-ssi of SNSD” Yong Hwa said while looking down on the floor. He didn’t have the courage to look at Han sajangnim.

 

There was a moment of silence before Han sajangnim erupted in laughter. “Was that all, Yong Hwa-ya??” Han sajangnim asked, still laughing. Yong Hwa looked up puzzled, “Ne??” “Was that was what troubling you, Yong Hwa-ya??” asked Han sajangnim again. “Yes… I was worried you’d be disappointed in me. I wasn’t sure if it was against company policy or not. I want to get your permission to date Seo Hyun-ssi” Yong Hwa explained, feeling shy.

 

“Yong Hwa-ya, I watched WGM every week without fail. And to be honest, I am a YongSeo fan! I thought you and Seo Hyun-ssi were already dating during the show!! Are you telling me you weren’t?” Han sajangnim asked, surprised. “No sunbaenim, we did not date during the show. I only just recently confessed to Seo Hyun-ssi and she also confessed to me. But she wanted to us to get permission and approval from you and Lee Soo Man sajangnim first. So we are still not dating yet” Yong Hwa explained sheepishly.

 

Han Seung Ho laughed again, “You don’t have to get my approval Yong Hwa-ya. You are free to do anything you want, just be careful not to get caught by the fans or paparazzi. But since you are asking for my approval, I shall tell you very simply that you have it. Does that make you feel better?”. “Sunbaenim… Thank you so much! It means a lot to Seo Hyun and me” Yong Hwa said while bowing profusely to Han sajangnim.