Chapter 15 - The Confession

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

“Abonim, you can’t keep giving us free meals whenever we eat here!” an exasperated Yong Hwa cried. He was trying to pay Min Hyuk’s father for the meal before leaving with Seo Hyun. “But you’re family. We don’t charge family for eating here” Min Hyuk’s father reasoned. “But you run a business Abonim!! Besides, you’ve helped us out a lot by giving us the privacy we cannot get elsewhere. It’s priceless!” Yong Hwa insisted. Min Hyuk’s father finally relented and accepted payment for the meal. Seo Hyun who was watching the exchange was tickled.  

 

“Where would you like to go Hyun-ah?” Yong Hwa asked as they buckled their seat belts. He had borrowed his manager hyung’s car as his car was far too recognizable. “I don’t know oppa. It doesn’t seem that there is anywhere for us to go that won’t cause gossip or scandal” Seo Hyun said thoughtfully. “Hmm.. You’re right. Let’s just drive around and see where we end up” Yong Hwa decided.

 

It was raining heavily by they time they pulled up at Han River. It got quite awkward inside the car since they left Min Hyuk’s father’s restaurant. They had driven around in silence before Yong Hwa decided to just pull up at Han River. It was a good thing that it was raining so heavily. Nobody would be able to see them inside the car.

 

“Hyun-ah, why are you so quiet?” Yong Hwa asked as he turned to look at her. “I don’t know.. It’s a little awkward all of a sudden” Seo Hyun replied, looking around shyly. “Hmm.. You feel comfortable around me, don’t you?” Yong Hwa asked with a tinge of uncertainty in his voice. “Of course oppa, I just don’t know why it feels awkward all of a sudden” Seo Hyun replied.

 

“Hyun-ah, remember I told you I composed a song after our last shooting for WGM? Would you like to listen to it?” asked Yong Hwa. “Ohhh.. Yes oppa, I would like to hear it” Seo Hyun replied enthusiastically. “Ok.. Give me a moment” Yong Hwa replied, taking out his phone to play the song for her.

 

As the song ended, Yong Hwa turned to Seo Hyun, “How was it?”. “Mmm.. It’s a very beautiful song oppa. It tugged at my heart” Seo Hyun answered truthfully. “Really?? I guess that’s good then. Because I wrote it for you, Joo Hyun-ah” Yong Hwa said, while looking into Seo Hyun’s eyes. “Ne??” was all Seo Hyun managed to eke in response. Her heart was beating fast.

 

“I said I wrote this song for you, Joo Hyun-ah” Yong Hwa repeated. “Eyyy… You’re kidding oppa. That’s impossible” Seo Hyun tried to convince herself. “I’m not kidding Joo Hyun-ah. You want me to tell you the truth?” asked Yong Hwa. Seo Hyun’s heart was pounding.

 

Yong Hwa’s expression was serious but he was feeling queasy inside.  He took a deep breath before starting. “Seeing you walk away from me on the last day of WGM was so painful. I left with an empty heart and heavy footsteps. I don’t know how I managed to drive home in that state. I totally did not pay attention to my driving. Until this day, I am thankful that I managed to get home safe.” Yong Hwa paused before continuing, “By the time I got home, I was crying my eyes out. But I am lucky to have such caring dongsaengs. They came downstairs to help me up to the house. Jong Hyun literally carried me out of the car.”

 

“Seo Joo Hyun, I don’t know when it was exactly that I started to fall in love with you. But I enjoyed every moment we were together when filming WGM. Everything that I did, everything that I said during WGM, I was sincere. So when it ended, I was devastated. I don’t know if you feel the same way I do but the end of WGM was literally the most painful in the history of my life. And I wrote this song to stay sane, to pass the time, before I could contact you again.” Yong Hwa explained.

 

Yong Hwa reached over and held Seo Hyun’s hand, “Seo Joo Hyun. I guess what I’m trying to say is, I like you. So this song is my confession to you.”