Chapter 7 - Three Days Later

YongSeo - Post WGM

 

Yong Hwa had been up the whole night. He had been composing a new song since the night he dropped Seo Hyun off at her house. He hadn’t been sleeping much and was having trouble coping with the “breakup”. So he did what he did best, composing. What started off as a distraction turned into a song he wanted Seo Hyun to hear. It had a very melancholic melody and words that were meant only for Seo Hyun. Three days of obsessive writing and recording had yielded the song, I Miss You.

 

Exhausted, Yong Hwa climbed into bed. He picked up his phone to check the date and time. He really hadn’t been keeping track of time. He had been wanting to contact Seo Hyun badly but he kept telling himself to be patient. That’s when he started composing to pass the time. He knew from watching his episodes on WGM that his past mistake of not contacting Seo Hyun for 1 month was unacceptable and he remembered the studio MCs commenting that it should be three days at the most.

 

Counting the days backwards, he realized that it was three days today! Feeling a surge of relief, Yong Hwa started to compose a text message to Seo Hyun. It was 4.52AM but he really couldn’t be bothered. He just hoped that it wouldn’t wake Seo Hyun up from her beauty sleep.

 

Three days later and I still can’t sleep well, Seo Hyun thought as she tossed and turned in bed restlessly. There was a flash of light which lighted up her room. She had turned off the sound of her phone, in hopes that she would be able to get a good night’s sleep without distractions but that didn’t stop the phone from lighting up whenever a text came through. Sighing, Seo Hyun reached for her phone, since she couldn’t sleep anyway.

 

Hyu~n-ah, how are you? You must be asleep. I hope you’re having beautiful dreams. Are you eating well? I know it’s late, I’m sorry. I just finished a song and thought of you. Smile when you see this message in the morning ok. Keke.. Oppa is going to sleep now. Yo~ng

 

Seo Hyun jerked up from her bed. The last person she expected to text her was Yong Hwa. But yet, here she was, looking at his text message. She could feel her heart beat faster, she was happy! Confused, but happy. She reread the text message over and over again. Ahh!! I should reply! Seo Hyun thought, in a daze. She didn’t know what to reply!