Is she okay

Uncertain

 

Once Yuri arrived at where Taeyeon asked her to, she saw Taeyeon on the corner, trying to catch her breathe, hitting her chest because of the pain.

"Taeyeon-ah." Yuri ran next to her.

Taeyeon looked up and tried her best to smile. "Yuri.." She said, almost out of breathe.

"Come on." Yuri tried to help her walk towards the car.

 

Once they got in the car..

"Yul. What... Whats this?" Jiyong, who was driving asked his sister.

"Oppa, just drive to the hospital. I'll tell you everything when we get there. Go go!" Yuri shouted as she try to calm Taeyeon.

 

Minutes later, they arrived at the hospital. Taeyeon was sent directly to the emergency room while Yuri and Jiyong waited outside.

"So... It's her." Jiyong started the conversation.

Yuri nodded as she covered her face with her palms.

"Why are you helping her then? Where's Jaejoong?" Jiyong asked.

"She.. Doesnt want him to know."

"Yul. She's fighting for her life already!" Jiyong exclaimed.

"I know. I know, but she told me that she'll tell him by her own."

"Call Jaejoong now then." Jiyong said.

"Wait.. Let me call someone else first."

Yuri took her phone from her bag and dialed a number.

 

An hour later..

"Yuri. Is she okay?" Hyoyeon came running towards her followed by Donghae from behind.

Yuri shook her head. "She's still inside."

"What's going on?" Donghae asked.

"Oppa. Taeyeon.. somethings wrong with her... Heart." Hyoyeon said as she looked at the emergency room door.

"What?" Donghae was confused.

"She has a heart problem, and her attacks had been going on alot recently. The doctor told us that the only way Taeyeon can live longer is that if she gets a heart transplant..." Hyoyeon trailed off.

"Then where is Jaejoong?" He asked again.

...

 

"Im here." Jaejoong suddenly spoke up.

No one knew he was there already. No one knew how he found out, but as an investigator working for a big group, he had contacts, he had his own way to find out about things.

"Oppa." Yuri said once Jaejoong was now close to them.

"Is it true?" He asked seriously.

"Y-ye." Yuri was shaking.

"Why didnt she tell me?" Jaejoong was also confused. If Taeyeon was having problems, why wouldnt she tell him? He was both disappointed and concerened for her.

Jaejoongs tears started to fall. He felt like he was a useless friend not even finding out about it. He punched the wall beside him. "Why wouldnt she tell me." Jaejoong screamed.

 

People are now looking at them. Donghae and Jiyong tried to calm him down. Hyoyeon and Yuri are both scared of Jaejoong.

 

"He was scared oppa." Yuri had the guts to speak up.

Jaejoong looked at her.

"She told us that shes scared to take the surgery if anything happens. She doesnt want her heart to be replaced. She doesnt want you to pity her again." Yuri's own tears started to fall.

Even though Yuri had a rought start with Taeyeon, Yuri was the only one who had seen her pain and sadness because of not having the love she wanted back from Jaejoong.

"Taeyeon has cried her way to sleep. Even though I didnt get the chance to know her more but oppa, I saw how Taeyeon tried to show  everyone she was strong but infact, she has been dying inside. I saw how hurt she was when you came out running and still hoping for Hyoyeon. And the least that she wanted to show you is that she is in deep pain." Yuri burst out into tears. "Taeyeon is one of the strongest people I know oppa, cause if I were in her place... I wouldve left you already. I wouldnt be staying with you with all the heart aches."

"Yul.." Jaejoong's eyes widened from hearing what Yuri just said. He then walked towards her and hugged her.

"Is that how I hurt her so much? Is that how much pain she had suffered." Jaejoong still hugging Yuri.

Yuri then started to pat his back.

 

The emergency room door opened and the doctor came out.

"Ms. Kim's friends?" The doctor asked.

Everyone nodded.

"I'm sorry to say this everyone but who can I talk to privately?"

Jaejoong stepped up and the doctor gestured him to follow him to his office.

The doctor told Jaejoong that Taeyeon needs to have a heart transplant as soon as possible since her heart is now on a risky condition. He asked him weather they would do it or just use alternative medicine which wont have an assurance that she will live longer. Jaejoong decided to have the heart transplant. He was willing to go around every part of S. Korea to find a person that can give their heart to Taeyeon.

 

Jaejoong got out from the office and everyone stood up.

 

"I need to go back to Jeonju." Jaejoong told them.

"Waeyo?" Yuri asked.

"I need to get her mother and  brother.... Taeyeon needs a heart transplant as soon as possible... Can I request something from you guys?"

"Anything." Hyoyeon replied.

"Can you find a heart donor for her, while Im gone?" Jaejoong asked.

"Ofcourse." Jiyong replied.

"I will be back maybe 2 days later to pick up her family.. Please watch on her." Jaejoong said.

"Jae... I can have you take a helicopter to fly back and forth so it wouldnt be uncomfortable for you. It will be much faster." Donghae suggested.

Jaejoong just looked at him.

"Its the least I could do." Donghae continued.

Jaejoong then nodded.

"Will you be okay alone?" Hyoyeon asked worriedly.

Jaejoong smiled to her, walked towards her and kissed her forehead. "I'll be fine. Please, help find a heart for Taeyeon."

Hyoyeon only nodded.

"Maybe I could bring Yuri instead." Jaejoong then looked at the younger girl.

"O-Okay." Yuri was surprised with his sudden decision.

Jaejoong would love to bring Hyoyeon to Jeonju, but he doesnt want to get in the way of her and Donghae.

 

An hour later..

 

Yuri and Jaejoong rode Donghae's private helicopter to get to Jeonju fast. Jiyong and Donghae both left the hospital and contacted people they know that works in hospitals to find a good heart for Taeyeon and Hyoyeon was left at the hospital to watch out on her.

 

Hyoyeon was holding her phone, waiting for updates on what was happening while she also peeks at Taeyeon once in a while.

"Hyo..yeon.."

Hyoyeon quickly stood up and stand next to the bed. "Gwenchana Taeyeon-ah?"

Taeyeon slightly nodded. "Where is Yuri?"

"Oh.. She went somewhere." Hyoyeon looked down.

"What did the doctor say?" Taeyeon asked.

"Taeyeon.. I.. I'll call the doctor." Hyoyeon was about to turn around when Taeyeon spoke..

"Wait.. Tell me.." Taeyeon pleaded through her eyes.

"The doctor can explain it better Taeyeon.." Hyoyeon was scared to tell her that she will be needing the surgery.

Taeyeon finally nodded.

 

After talking to the doctor, tears started to flow down from Taeyeon's face.

"That's my only way to live?" Taeyeon looked at the ceiling.

"Taeyeon. We just have to find a good heart, a strong one. Jiyong Oppa and Donghae Oppa are now looking for one." Hyoyeon said.

Taeyeon's eyes widened. "Even Donghae knows?"

Hyoyeon could only nod.

There was a short silence between the two.

"Even.. Jaejoong Oppa." Hyoyeon revealed.

"Mwo? H-how?"

"He just came.. We didnt know." Hyoyeon explained.

"Where is he?"

"He is with Yuri.. Theyre on their way to Jeonju... To get your family." Hyoyeon confessed.

Taeyeon tried to understand what was happening. She was scared.. She doesnt want any of her family members to know.

"Hyoyeon.. I dont want to get it." Taeyeon then spoke.

"Taeyeon-ah.."

"I cant live with another persons heart." She stared at her palms. "What if I become another person because of it.." Tears continuing to flow down.

Hyoyeon's heart felt very heavy seeing Taeyeon like that. "You know what Taeyeon.. It is scary to undergo that.. I might not do it if I were you, but the people around you wants you to live longer. If your scared that maybe youll changed.. Dont be, cause your heart doesnt control what you feel.. Your heart is just helping you to live.. It has nothing to do with what you feel, in how you will act."

Taeyeon looked at her, trying to keep up with what Hyoyeon is saying.

 

"Lucky you you get to have this choice.." Hyoyeon tried to smile while her own tears are forming on her eyes.

"Mwo?" Taeyeon asked.

"When I got into an accident, I didnt have any choice... I just woke up without knowing anything." Hyoyeon said. "I lost my memory, i felt empty... Didnt know what to feel. It was like I was a robot.. I didnt know if I should trust Donghae.."

"Hyo.."

Hyoyeon wiped her tears. "Its going to be hard to accept it, but Taeyeon.. We want you to live longer.. Jaejoong wants you too live.. I want to get to know you more."

Hyoyeon took her hand making her realize she will not be alone with this..

Taeyeon nodded in agreement.

"I know Jaejoong loves you already.. He just doesnt know how to show it... Maybe becuase he is confused on how I will react." Hyoyeon said.

Taeyeon slightly chuckled.

"I want you to be in my wedding." Hyoyeon giggled.

Taeyeon smiled and the two girls hugged.

 

---

 

"Jaejoong!" Mrs. Kim, Taeyeon's mother ran towards the young guy once she saw him infront of their house.

Jaejoong smiled and hugged her. "Omoni. How are you?"

"I'm doing good my son." She replied then looked at Yuri.

"Annyeonghaseyo." Yuri bowed.

Mrs. Kim nodded her head.

"Omoni, this is Kwon Yuri, she's a friend from Seoul." Jaejoong introduced her.

"Such a beautiful lady." Mrs. Kim complimented Yuri. "Where is Taeyeon?"

Jaejoong and Yuri looked at each other; he couldn’t say a word to Mrs. Kim. She entrusted Taeyeon to him.

 

“Jaejoong!” A guy shouted from inside the house.

The three looked back and saw Kangin walking towards them.

“Hyung! It’s nice to see you again. By the way, this is Kwon Yuri, a friend.” Jaejoong introduced Yuri once again.

Kangin smiled and nodded to Yuri.

“You’re back, where is Taeyeon?” Kangin asked.

“About that… Can I talk to you?” Jaejoong started. He couldn’t find the strength to tell it to Mrs. Kim, that’s why he is going to tell it to Kangin first.

 

When the two was left.

“Hyung..” Jaejoong started.

Kangin felt worried with how Jaejoong was acting. “What is it?”

“Hyung.. Mianhae. I know you entrusted me to take care of Taeyeon, but.. she’s in the hospital right now.. she has a heart condition and she’s going surgery once we find a heart for her.” Jaejoong explained slowly.

Kangin closed his eyes and breathed deeply. “I understand Jae.”

Jaejoong sighed once he answered.

“It’s not a new thing to her.” Kangin continued.

“What do you mean?” Jae asked.

“When she was months old, they did a little surgery to her heart. She has a weak heart, but my mother didn’t want to tell her about it so that Taeyeon would live normally. The doctor said back then that there’s only a 25% chance of her heart to give up in the upcoming years, but as you have seen. She was living really well Jae. No one knew she had a problem.” Kangin explained.

“She was born like that…” Jaejoong tried to understand what was happening.

Jaejoong, Yuri, Kangin and Taeyeon’s mother are now on their way back to Seoul through Donghae’s private helicopter. Kangin was the one, who explained to their mother what was happening to Taeyeon,

 

Meanwhile, with Jiyong..

“Okay.. I’ll be on my way. I’ll meet you there Dongwook hyung. Thank you very much.” Jiyong placed back his cellphone on his pocket and ran to his car. He was on his way to Incheon Hospital.

 

---