Chapter 8: Different sides

I will always be by your side

*few days after the incident*

CHO HEE POV

Well, since Christmas, IU hasn’t showed up. I was a bit relieved but I still have a hunch that she would just waltz right in that door and take Yoseob and Eun Mi away from me. But what am I thinking, Yoseob doesn’t love me or like me in that way. But his words still haunt me. “She is that only person important to me”, “She has a new place in my heart now”. I shook my head trying to clear my mind from that. I don’t want to have this little saying affect my relationship with them. I still haven’t gone “home” yet. But I do get some calls from that wicked family of mine. I am still afraid to go home. And I still remember how IU beat me up. One thing that no one knows about me, is that, whenever someone hits me or touch me like how IU did to me, I would just stop and panic and just freeze up like that.

I was at the house still with Eun Mi in the living room/kitchen. She was on the carpet playing with her dolls that DongWoon and Kikwang gave her. I was in the kitchen making some snacks for her and Yoseob. Yoseob was upstairs doing his work as usual. But since that day, he acted differently. He was more, how would I say it, caring and loving? Is that the right word? Whenever I am around, he always smiles and his face brightens up. Even if I just pass by or give him his daily coffee, lunch, dinner, and snack. And he seemed to have more time with Eun Mi nowadays. It makes me happy seeing how he plays with his daughter. It feels like we are one big family.

As creepy as this is, I would just stand there with a smile on my face and watching Yoseob and Eun Mi playing. Sometimes, Yoseob would even act like Prince just for his daughter. Watching him like this, I would never ever thought he would act so cute and child like. When I see him like that, it makes me smile and then I remember how DongWoon would tell me that he was very much like Kikwang before. But since IU hurt him, he started to just become serious and he doesn’t show this side of him anymore.

I finished making the snacks and called for Eun Mi, “OMO! Unnie what did you make for snack this time?!” She came to my side and she hopped on the counter and sat there next to me. “Hmm, well I made a fruit salad for you so that you can get all the vitamins and nutrients that you need to grow and become smart!” I smiled and showed it to her. “Ooooo~!!! Unnie it is sooo colorful!” “Aha, here go try it!” She took a bit of fruit and put it in . Her eyes went wide and her little thumb went up, “It’s really good Unnie!!!” And she just kept getting more and stuffing her face with the fruit. “Omo, Eun Mi, don’t stuff too much! You might choke!” I carried her and put her down and went to the table and put the fruit there and put a plate there for her. She took some and started munching on it. I smiled and kissed her head and went to get a bowl and heated up some tea and went upstairs to Yoseob’s office.

I knocked on the door, “Come in”, I heard him. I opened the door slowly and I saw him there sitting in that same chair with those glasses and he was wearing a white v-neck shirt and was typing on his laptop. I closed the door softly and walked to him and put the tea and snacks on his desk. He stopped working and looked up at me and smiled. I was literally lost my breath for a second when he smiled. I smiled back and was just about to leave when I felt someone pull my wrist back and I tensed up a little bit. A flashback went through my mind when I was a child, my step mom did that and she pulled me really hard and slapped me across the face. I was just about to pull my wrist out when I turned my head slowly to see a cute, smiling, handsome boy facing me. “Are you okay”, I am guessing he sensed my tension, “N-N-Neh I am. Sorry”, I said and turned to face him. “Why don’t you sit down? And have some with me?” He asked. I looked at him, “But don’t you have a lot of work though?” I asked. He smiled and shook his head, “Nope. I am just about to finish, but I figured that I should take a break”. He smiled and took his chair and placed it next to me. I sat down and noticed how close we were. It made me blush a little.

“So, Eun Mi, I have a question”, he asked and popped a strawberry in his mouth. “Why haven’t you been going home? Isn’t your family back from the trip?” He asked. “I mean, I don’t want you to leave, I’m just……..curious”, he asked and was blushing. “Aha, well, I just don’t feel like going home just yet. I feel like I should still stay here. If that is okay with you. And plus my family has told me that they would call me when they do get home”, I said. But honestly, I don’t EVER want to go back. And plus, I already know that they are probably happy that I am not there. “Oh okay. I’m just curious”, he said and did a side glance at me while eating his snack. “But, I will be gone soon. I don’t want to become a huge burden to me Yoseob-sshi”, “Oppa”, he said. I looked at him questionably. “Excuse me?” “Oppa”, he said and turned his body and faced me with a smile. “Oppa?” I asked, “Call me Oppa Cho Hee” he said. I just sat there starring at him. “Oh uhh okay, Oppa?” I said. He smiled widely and pinched my cheeks. “Yah!” I rubbed my cheeks, “that hurts Oppa!” I said and pouted. He chuckled and rubbed my cheeks, “Mianhae Cho Hee”, he smiled this smile that I have NEVER seen before. It was like a different kind you know.

I just kept sitting there trying to process what just happened. Is Yoseob OPPA acting cute now? Is this his real self?

 

YOSEOB POV

We were sitting there in my office for what seemed like an hour or so just talking, getting to know more about each other, and me, I just wanted to be by her side. I felt so different when I am with her. I feel like my real self is about to come out. Well, I already just showed a preview of how I really was before to her by pinching her cheeks. I mean come on! It was unbearable to not pinch her cute puffy cheeks! She was adorable when she called me oppa! I never have anyone call me Oppa. Because when girls say it, it sounds so annoying. With all the squealing and fangirling, I don’t like it one bit. But hearing it from her, it felt like angels were singing. It was the cutest thing ever.

But when I mentioned her family, I noticed that she was a bit awkward about it. It was like she didn’t want to talk about it. Which I was fine with, but it kept bothering me a bit. I wanted to know more about her. I mean, I have no problem at all having her here. Hell, I’d rather marry her and have her stay with me forever. But I know deep in my heart that, that wont happen. I know that my feelings for her are getting stronger every day, every hour, every minute, every second. Cheesy as it sounds, but it is true. My love for her keeps growing and growing. It grows at a faster rate whenever I see her with Eun Mi. Playing, cooking, dressing her up, tucking her to bed. It just makes my heart scream out for her. But, I know that she doesn’t look at me in that way. She only looks as me as her boss or just an Oppa, nothing more than that.

Sometimes I would dream about her. I always just sit here and just day dream trying to see what my life would be like if I had her as my wife and that we were one big happy family. I would sometimes text DooJoon about this and he would respond by saying that I am in love. Am I really falling in love?