Chapter 14: Confessions

I will always be by your side

CHO HEE POV

*two days later*

I had a weird dream. It felt so real. I know for sure that I was in a hospital with Yoseob, but what felt so real and the weird part was that, I heard him say “I love you”. I never think that he would say that. Especially since I am just a nanny. I am nothing but just a person who watches his child. I am his worker not a lover. But for some reason, it felt so real so alive! I wished that I could hear it one more time before my hell hole starts again after this. I already know that I would have to go back there anyways. That family owns me and I have no choice but to comply with their requests.

I woke up slowly trying to adjust my eyes to the brightness of the room. I felt the sun shining on me and it was such a beautiful day. I finally adjusted and I noticed that there were flowers and teddy bears everywhere. And even balloons and cards! Who would ever give me these things? I have no family. Certainly not my step side. Heck, if I ever see a gift from them, that means they either had too much alcohol or were on crack or something.

I moved a little bit, and surprisingly, my pain isn’t as bad as it was before. I moved my hand but I was unable to move it since something or well, someone was holding it down. I looked to my right and I saw Yoseob’s head laying on the side of the bed and his hands were holding mine tightly. I smiled at the sight knowing that Yoseob cared so much about me. But then that dream came in my head again. No. No it can’t be. He would never love someone as filthy as I am. I am just a girl who gets beaten up for fun. I am not beautiful as IU or Suzy or anyone. I am just an ugly duckling.

I felt Yoseob move a little bit which caused his bangs to fall on his face. I chuckled at seeing him like this. I was smiling and moving his hair away from his handsome face. I know I am weird. Well then again, love is weird. He looked so peaceful and cute when he is sleeping. I looked at his facial features and yes he is so handsome with his chubby cheeks. I wanted to poke them but I didn’t want to wake him up since he probably has been here with me for a while.

“Yoseob, I love you”. I said quietly hoping that he was still asleep when I said that. Tears were forming in my eyes again. I just couldn’t imagine him ever loving me. I have no clue to why this is bothering me so much. It just feels so real though him saying that and his lips, kissing my forehead. Sigh.

I looked up to the ceiling wiping my tears. I felt Yoseob move. I looked up and his face was too adorable. He sat up trying to adjust to the light. He looked up and was looking around the room even though his eyes were squinting trying to adjust. He rubbed his eyes like a five year old. It was such a cute sight I just couldn’t help myself from smiling. Then he looked at me and I stopped laughing. He just kept staring at me for a while until he finally focused and he saw me. “Cho Hee?” He asked. “Neh Yoseob Oppa”. He gasped and then soon realized that I have woken up and his eyes widen and he practically jumped on me and gave me a hug. “OMO CHO HEE!!!” He said and hugged me tightly trying not to hurt me as well.

“You are finally awake! I really thought I lost you Cho Hee”, he said and I felt warm droplets of water on my shoulder. I pulled away slightly to see his face clearly and I was shocked. He was really crying. “Omo Oppa are you okay?!” I asked a little worried. “I am now. I am finally better seeing you awake”, he said and caressed my cheeks. Then that dream popped in my mind again and I stiffen. He doesn’t love you Cho Hee. I looked down but then his hand lifted my chin to look at Yoseob in the eyes. His tears stopped and he looked at me in the eyes. His gaze was different. They were filled with so much love. He doesn’t love you Cho Hee stop it!

I cleared my throat, “Oppa? What are you doing?” I asked and well, it made me sound like I was unsure about my question. “Cho Hee, are you okay?” He asked softly. I nodded still looking into his soft brown eyes. I could just stay here and stare at him all day. “Please tell me truthfully okay Cho Hee”. I gulped hoping that what he will ask has nothing to do with my family. “Who did this to you?” I gulped and looked down. “No one di-“ “Don’t lie to me Cho Hee. I heard you screaming on the phone when I called you. Tell me straight up who did this”, he asked. He sounded a little angry but worried at the same time. If I tell him that it was his ex-best friend and his ex-wife behind this, how would he react? I sighed and gave up, “Junhyung”, I mumbled. I tried to fight the tears form coming out. Memories of that day came back to me. “Please Cho Hee I need to know who did this to you”, he said more softly while wiping my tears. “Junhyung did it Oppa”, I said. Soon, everything that happened that day came back. I started to cry and tears won’t stop. It hurts me still and it keeps haunting me. I covered my face from Yoseob but I was too late. He already saw me and pulled me into a hug.

His hug, I felt so secured. So safe. He hugged me tightly and kissed my head softly and rubbed the back of my head. “Shhh….Don’t worry Cho Hee, I don’t care about them anymore and you can just tell me everything. When you are ready though”, he said and he pulled away looking at me. I covered my face and sobbed. “Yah, why are you covering your beautiful face?” He asked. Beautiful? “Oppa, I am not beautiful”, I said. “YAH!” I jumped a little at his reaction. That was something that I never thought would happened. “Why would you say that?!” “Because! It is true Oppa! I am not beautiful! I am just a girl who is nothing! I am not worth anything anymore!” I yelled and kept sobbing. He hugged me and wiped my tears.

“Kim Cho Hee, you are the most beautiful woman in my eyes. I don’t give a damn what you will say, but to me you are the most beautiful. Your smile and just being you is all that I need in my life. You make my day. You are my sunshine in my life and Eun Mi’s. I love you Kim Cho Hee. I love you with all my heart”, He pulled away and said that he loved me while looking deeply in my eyes. I was sitting there in shock. So my dream was true! “I want you to be in Eun Mi’s life and most importantly, in my life. I want you to always be by my side no matter what. I love you and that is all that matters right now to me”. He held my face in his hands softly and kissed my forehead.

“You don’t have to respond just yet. I know you are still recovering but I just can’t hold it anymore. I really do love you Cho Hee”, he smiled and kissed my cheeks. He loves me. He loves me. OH MY ING GOD HE ING LOVES ME!!!

 

DOOJOON POV

I was heading to the hospital again bringing Yoseob some clothes. I looked in the window of Cho Hee’s room and I saw her and Yoseob. She looked like she was crying but Yoseob hugged ever so lovingly. I just stood there staring at them. Little by little my heart started to shatter. I know they couldn’t see me because they were too into each other not to notice. Yoseob held her delicate face in his hands and I read what he said from his mouth. I love you. He confessed. He beat me to it. I was going to finally confess when she got out.

I looked over at her, she looked a lot better than before, not that I am saying that she was ugly. She was NEVER ugly. She was always beautiful in my eyes. Well, I guess I wasn’t the only one who thought of her in that way now. I watched her at her reactions and she seemed so shocked. It’s like she couldn’t register what was going on. I saw Yoseob smile and said something else to her and kissed her cheeks.

I felt so jealous and angry all of a sudden. He hugged her again and kissed her forehead. My heart was just shattering into millions of pieces. I couldn’t take the hurt anymore. My tears started to fall down. I clenched my chest and sobbed quietly. I looked down at the bouquet of flowers that I bought for her. I remember her saying that her favorite flowers were pink roses and carnations together in one bouquet. I wiped my tears and went to one of the nurses, “Excuse me sir”, “Ah yes sir?” “Is it okay if you could send this to Miss Kim Cho Hee please? She is with someone right now but I have to get going now”, “Ahh arasseo! Do You want me to tell her your name?” “Neh, it is Yoon DooJoon”, “Ahh okay, I will give it to her in a bit”, “Kamsamnhida” I bowed and left the hospital to god knows where. I just wanted to leave.

 

YOSEOB POV

I confessed! I did it! I let my love out! Even though she doesn’t have any answer yet, but I could just see it in her eyes that she loves me. Like what my little princes told me. I will wait for her. No matter how long but I will wait.

“Ahh miss?” We saw Kevin  come in with a bouquet of flowers. “Looks like someone has a secret admirer!” He said and jumped in giving it to her. Her eyes went wide and she was so happy. “OMO! Who gave this to me?!” “Aha well let’s just say it was a man”, “Omo! And he even knows my favorite flowers!” She smiled so happily. But for some reason, it made my heart hurt a little. Knowing that there was someone out there who also liked her yet he knew her favorite flowers and well, I don’t even know it.

“Well, it was some man name uhhh I think it was Yoon DooJoon”, I looked up at Kevin with wide eyes. Hyung?!  “Oh Oppa?! Wahh!!! He knows my favorite flowers?! But I don’t remember telling him! Oh well, I should call him later and tell him thanks”, she smiled. “Girl, you got a handsome admirer too! Oh my he was so handsome!” Kevin said. It made my blood boil a little hearing how he was talking to Cho Hee about Hyung. Hyung doesn’t love her. I would have seen it! He makes it really obvious!

Maybe I just haven’t noticed it at all. She was smiling widely and kept looking at the flowers. “Oh my god! Cho Hee! What if he confesses to you?! What will you do?!” Kevin exclaimed. Its like he forgot that I was even here! HELLO! HER “SOON-TO-BE-HUSBAND BOYFRIEND IS STANDING RIGHT HERE!

“Well, I have no idea how to even respond”, she said and was blushing. Maybe I saw it wrong. She maybe doesn’t love me. I started to get second thoughts. No! She barely knows Hyung! She doesn’t love him! And besides, I saw it in her eyes. She loves me. The Yang Yoseob. “Why wont you just say yes girl! I know you like him!” “Enough”, I said. I was jealous. I just let jealousy over take me. “Oh Yoseob-sshi you were there? Well, I gotta get going! Bye lovely! You better tell me when you become the new Mrs. Yoon!” he said and left. I was on the brink of breaking something. I sat down and closed my eyes and covered my face so that Cho Hee wouldn’t see my angry face.

I felt her hands on my hands and pulling them away from my face. “Oppa, don’t be angry please”, she said. I looked up and I saw her beautiful face just inches away from mine. “I am not”, she pouted, “Oppa yes you are. And I am not ready to answer your confession yet and if DooJoon oppa does confess, I have nothing to say to him either. I don’t want you two to fight over me. Selfish as that sounds, but I don’t want to be the reason why you both aren’t friends. I am just a random girl, but you and Oppa have known each other for so long. So please, promise me that you and Oppa will not argue for me and risk your friendship please”, she asked. I looked into her eyes and she was so sincere. One that I loved about her. She was truthful.

“Arasseo. I promise”, she smiled and caressed my cheeks. Her soft hands felt like heaven. I closed my eyes trying to feel every inch of her hands. I held her hands and kept it on my face. I felt her stiffen just a bit but I ignored it.

Hyung you better be ready for me. She is MINE.