bonded

Blood Bond

I woke up the next morning in a daze.

My eyes felt droopy and extremely exhausted, and the pain from the shoulder seemed to stop.

As I was taking my pyjama shirt off, I noticed something on the shoulder blade area that stung last night.

I widened my eyes as I saw a mark, about the half the size of my palm, tattooed on that area.

I rubbed my eyes and took a closer look at it.

It was a triangle with strange spiral patterns in the middle.

How the-?


Kai's POV:


"HYUNGS!!!!!!" I yelled out to the whole house as I stared at the strange tattoo on my wrist.

I heard rumbing getting louder and louder before my door burst open with the rest of the group staring at me.

"Kai, what happened?" Suho asked.

I showed them my wrist and only Suho's eyes widened, the others just looked at it, fascinated.

"You...y-you've just..." he stammered, confusing the rest of us.

"What did he do, hyung?" Chanyeol asked.

"He's just...bonded..."

"WHAT?!!??!" they yelled. Ouch.

"H-hyung? B-bonded? What?" I stuttered in utter confusion.

Suho ran his hands through his hair in frustration. "You know that once a vampire mates, they mate for life?"

"Wh-what?" we gasped.

"I've heard stories from my parents that once vampires fall in love, a tattoo suddenly appears on their and the bonded mate's back, neck, or arm. Tattoos are permanent, and so is the love that vampire feels...that feeling never changes...that's a feature of the unchanging nature of vampires..." Suho told us. "But the question is..." he went up to me and took my wrist and examined it. "Who have you bonded with?"

Oh crap.


Your POV:
 

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!

For the whole day, that mark had been itching and stinging the hell out of me.

Ignoring it didn't help one bit as it only itched more.

At recess, I went to my group and sat down in between Minhyun and Amber as usual.

This time, I didn't bring any of the leftovers from dinner, so I went over to the salad bar and grabbed some healthy stuff for a change.

"Hey, __________," I heard a voice.

Startled, I accidentally knocked over the apple that was near my hand. It flew off the counter, landed on his foot, up his leg, and into his hands.

He stretched his arms out and held the apple to me.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes, looking back at the salad bar. "What do you want, Jongin?"

He put the apple back onto the counter. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what I did to you yesterday,"

I shook my head and waved my hand at him. "Just...don't worry about it...forget it ever happened,"

"No, really, I shouldn't have reacted like that. I was an idiot for doing that to you."

"It's okay, really..."


Baekhyun's POV:


I turned to the group. "Seriously, Kai's tattoo thing looks so..."

"Strange?" Chanyeol finished, and I nodded.

"We have to do some more research on this," Suho noted. "We can't just go around bonding randomly,"

We suddenly heard Kai talk to somebody.

"Shhh! Everybody, listen!" I hissed.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what I did to you yesterday,"

"Just...don't worry about it...forget it ever happened,"

We simultaneously widened our eyes.

WHAT DID KAI DO?!?!

"!" D.O hissed. "He didn't bite her, did he?!"

"SHHHH!!!" we shut him up. "LISTEN!"

"No, really, I shouldn't have reacted like that. I was an idiot for doing that to you."

"It's okay, really..."

HE DID SOMETHING TO HER!!!

"Baekhyun, calm down," Suho commanded, obviously seeing my reactions. "We'll ask him when he gets here."

I sighed and nodded obediently.


Your POV:
 

He then stared at me observantly.

"What?" I asked him.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Trying to figure out what you are."

"Any luck?"

I shook my head. "No, not exactly. The stuff I come up with is too stupid for a normal person's level of intelligence."

He chuckled. Oh man, how y was that. "Like what?" he challenged.

"You'll laugh."

"No, I won't."

"Promise?"

He nodded.

I looked up, pondering for a while. "Like, I don't know, radioactive spiders and...kryptonite..."

"PPPFFFFFTTTT-"

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO LAUGH."

He tried holding in his laughter, but still failed. "I'm sorry, it's nothing like that, I swear,"

I puffed out my cheeks.

"You make me seem like I'm some sort of super hero."

"Because you are...?"

He chuckled and shook his head. "What if I'm not the hero? What if I'm...the bad guy?"

I scoffed. "Oh, please, why would a bad guy save the new girl's life from being mutilated by a speeding van?"

"...well..."

I rolled my eyes and began to walk away from him, only to have someone grab my wrist.

I turned around and gave him a pouty look.

His expression turned more serious this time. "Okay, I'm sorry, but, can we at least be friends now?"

I sighed. "Yeah, I guess."

Another sting pierced through my shoulder blade.

"Ack!" I hissed and squeezed my shoulder, massaging it.

"_________, are you okay?" Kai asked with concern before hissing in pain and holding his own wrist. "Ouch!" he let out as he rubbed his wrist.

He then suddenly looked up and stared at me for a while before running back to his group.

Huh?

Why was he like that all of a sudden?

Wait a minute...he has the same symptoms as I did, but with my back...

Ugh, this is too confusing...

I shrugged and resumed walking back to my group.


Kai's POV:


I rushed back to my group as humanly possible as I could to tell them what I just felt.

"Guys, guys, guys, guys, guys," I said impossibly quickly.

"What is it, Kai?" Suho asked.

"You know _________? The singer? She had a sudden pain on her back as I felt a pain on my tattoo," I said, my mind full of adrenaline from what I had just discovered. "I think she has the same tattoo as me."

As I said that, the rest of EXO dropped their jaws at me.

"You don't mean..." Chanyeol began in horror.

"You've bonded to her?!" Baekhyun hissed.

I gulped. "Afraid so...she's so...perfect..."

"Kai, you're saying you're in love with a human? A singer?!" D.O said through his teeth.

I only nodded. "She's everything I want now..."

"You idiot! Don't you know it's forbidden to fall for a human?! Let alone a singer?!"

"Well, I'm sorry I can't help who I bond to!"

D.O slapped his forehead. "Now your feelings will never, ever change..."

"Kyungsoo, calm down. Now." Suho ordered. D.O complied. "Kai, do you know what trouble we can get into because you have fallen for your singer?"

I nodded.

That means the Cold Ones have a chance of turning one of us, or her, into one of them because they can sense the scent of born-vampires on a human.

Sehun sighed. "Damn, I wanted to bond with her first." he muttered, making us all look at him. "What? I'm just saying..."

I smirked. "Look who's the idiot now."

"Shut up, Kai."

"Does she know that you've bonded to her?" Chanyeol asked.

I shook my head. "She doesn't even know that we're...what we are, so to speak."

"Oh, and by the way," Baekhyun interrupted. "What did you do to her yesterday? Besides saving her life, that is."

"I took her to the nurse's office...afterwards, she questioned me as to how I got there so fast-"

"You moron!" Sehun exclaimed. "She questioned you?!"

"Yeah, but it wasn't like I told her anything," I scoffed.

"What did you do after that?" Suho asked. "What did you mean by 'I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what I did to you yesterday'?"

I gulped. "Erm, well, I, uh, accidentally lost my temper at her?"

"You what?!" they gasped.

"I just pushed her against a wall, that's it, okay?! Geez! You people act as if I killed her, or something!"

They sighed in relief.

"So you didn't bite her after all," Baekhyun huffed.

"No."

"Good. My God, I almost died after hearing that."

"You guys were listening to us?!"

"We can't help that we have sharp hearing!"

I only huffed a sigh and slouched over the table.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOT IT'S 11:58PM SO IT'S A TRIPLE UPDATE!!!! XDD

ooh, so Kai bonded to you first haha XDDD

any guesses to who will bond next?

COMMENTS AND SUBBERS ARE LOVED~