baseball?

Blood Bond

Many weeks later, the stir at school about the six 'new' members of EXO died down a little.

I was so relieved because I didn't attract as much attention to myself like earlier this term.

Even though that it was a bit of a burden to be around twelve guys every day, it wasn't that hard to convince the school that I didn't like any of them.

Jessica was still fidgety about the fact that I had gotten to know EXO so quickly, unlike the rest of the school.

I still remembered on my first day that she said that she didn't like any of them because they looked like players.

Maybe she was really unsettled because she's overprotective - after all, I guess she DOES want to protect me from the 'players'.

Sighing, I shook off the thoughts and continued to study for my chemistry exam that is due in two weeks time.

While I had my mind focused on the textbook, I suddenly felt a breeze being blown into my ear, making me yelp and jump in shock.

I instinctively turned to the direction of the breeze and saw none other than Kai smirking at me.

Ugh, I should have known.

Arrogant cheeky bastard.

I rolled my eyes and went back to facing my books. "What do you want, Jongin?"

On the corner of my eye, I saw him frown a little.

"Babe," he murmured in my ear while sliding his arms around my torso. "We're taking you to play baseball with us."

I blinked in confusion without taking my eyes off my books. "Baseball?"

"That's right," he said as he placed butterfly kisses down the side of my face, making my heart pound harshly against my chest and my breathing accelerate.

Kai chuckled in amusement at my reaction.

Damn.

He really knows my weaknesses.

"Wh-why do I h-have to go w-with you? I have studying to d-do." I stammered when he reached my neck. My mouth was partially open as I lifted my head up from my books, closing my eyes at his kisses.

"Really?" he mumbled, "Study for what?"

Kai stopped kissing me and rested his chin on my shoulder, his cheek touching mine.

I gulped at both the sensation he was giving me and what I was studying for.

"Exothermic reactions are those that release energy and heat." he read.

I blushed furiously at what he read and banged my head on the textbook in shame.

Kai chuckled evilly and suddenly, I was on my bed with him hovering over me. "You know, babe, we can make an exothermic reaction right here, right now." he said seductively.

"Hey, come on!" I complained and thrashed around, but my attempts were not working as his hands pinned my wrist to my bed on each side of my head and his legs crossed on top of mine.

He smirked and leaned down to bury his face in my neck. "I'm from EXO, what do you expect? Endothermic reactions?"

Kai suddenly was removed from me and he let out a yelp as he landed on the floor.

I looked up to see D.O smiling at me. "Thanks, Kyungsoo." I said as I grabbed his outstretched hand.

He lifted me up from my bed. "No worries. We were wonder what took so long, but I guess we know now."

I turned to Kai to see him snarling at D.O.

"I'll go by the door, you guys wait for me." I insisted.

They agreed and flew outside through the window.

As soon as they did that, I grabbed a backpack and put a jacket, my phone, iPod, house keys, and water bottle inside.

I grabbed a cap and ran downstairs to the door to find it already open with the guys waiting for me on the other side.

"Let's go, sweetheart," Suho said gently and slid an arm around my shoulders. I blushed in response and closed the door as I stepped out.

"Seriously? Baseball?" I questioned them.

"What other game can a giant group of vampires play?" Sehun remarked.

"And there's a thunderstorm coming," Chanyeol added, "so it's the perfect time."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Thunderstorm? Why do you need it?"

Suho lightly squeezed my shoulder. "You'll see."

---------

After God knows how long, Kai eventually slowed down running, signalling that we've probably arrived at the destination.

"You can open your eyes now." he said.

I complied and slowly my eyes fluttered open.

The place was surely dark, but it was obviously still daytime.

It was a huge field about as big as twenty football stadiums.

Of course there would be forest surrounding it, but it was clear nonetheless.

I slipped off Kai's back without taking my eyes off the scenery displayed in front of me.

"You like it?" I heard Luhan whisper in my ear, sending shudders down my spine.

I only nodded. "Y-yes, I do..."

While I was still stunned, the guys began to set up the game.

They placed the bases much, much further away from each other than the normal baseball games I see in movies and TV.

The bases were at least a hundred metres away from each other - far enough for a vampire to run in a short time.

And, of course, none of them wore any protective equipment.

"We're glad you're here," Xiumin began as he placed his arm on my shoulders, "we really need an umpire."

I slightly turned my head to his direction. "And why is that?"

"Do you really think a bunch of teenage vampires want to play fair?"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course not...so you guys are split into team K and M?"

Xiumin let out an amused laugh. "You really think we'd do that?"

"Umm...yes?"

He shook his head. "No, we're split with half of K and M in each team, and so that the ones with the extra powers are evenly 'distributed', you can say."

"So Kyungsoo and Jongin are on opposite teams?"

"Yep."

"What about Yixing? He's an illusionist."

"We told him that if he creates illusions then we'll kick him out of the game."

I scrunched up my nose. "That's not nice."

He shrugged his shoulders. "That's fair. Besides, Kris, Sehun and Luhan's abilities won't really give their teams advantages though. Only D.O and Kai's abilities will."

I nodded once in understanding. "Ah, okay..."

Chanyeol went up to me and cupped my face, tilting my head up to look at him.

He leaned down and kissed my lips multiple times. "You'll...be...on...our...team...right?" he mumbled in between kisses.

I scrunched up my nose. "No, it won't be fair. You're all my boyfriends, I love all of you the same, so I guess I'm the perfect umpire."

He frowned and gave me a final kiss on my lips. "I'll be doing this for you, honey."

"Yah, Chanyeol," Kris called from the other side of the field. "Stop harassing, _________."

Chanyeol turned around and began to walk towards the playing field. "Yah, I just wanted a kiss, okay?"

I shook my head in amusement and went over to the batter's base next to Chen, who was the catcher behind the batter.

"So, do I just stay here?" I asked him.

"Just move over a little in case any of us hit you with the bat."

I gulped and nodded, stepping a little bit away from him.

"Batter up!"

I looked forward and saw Luhan at the pitcher's position, tossing the ball up and down a few times.

Sehun strutted up to my direction, heading to the batter's base, twirling the bat around his hand (A/N: like Jasper in Twilight when he was going to bat)

A sudden loud crack of thunder was heard and a bolt of lightning was seen.

"It's time." Luhan announced with a tiny, confident smile on his lips.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MORE ACTION AND TWILIGHT-NESS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!

hehehe, can you see the Alice-Luhan resemblence? XD as in, Alice was pitching in Twilight and Luhan is pitching here haha

anyways, WHO'S EXCITED FOR BREAKING DAWN PART 2 TO BE RELEASED?!

IT'S IN THREE DAYS FOR ME ^_____^

COMMENTS AND SUBBERS ARE LOVED!!!!!!!!!!!