the bond

Blood Bond

"_________!!!" the eleven guys of EXO yelled as they eyed you.

"It's BURNING!!" you shrieked as you balled your fist even harder.

They hissed and ran up to Taecyeon's group, two of them fighting each Cold One.

You could understand why they're doing that before saving you.

They needed to get the Cold Ones away from the human as quick as possible.

The pain still did not subside.

Great. You thought.

It felt as if you were burnt alive.

From what you have learnt, humans can turn into Cold Ones if they're bitten by them.

You knew you only had minutes left.

"MY WRIST IS BURNING!!!" you screamed louder this time, exhausting all the air from your lungs. "THE FIRE!! SOMEONE PUT OUT THE FIRE!!"

That was when EXO halted their fighting and looked at you in horror.

Wrong move.

Taecyeon's group took that opportunity to grab each of the EXO guys by their necks, lifting them up so their feet no longer were on the floor.

The Cold Ones began to tighten their grips on EXO's necks, up to the point that they were beginning to claw at the Cold Ones' hands.

It then hit you.

The Cold Ones are about to break EXO's necks.

You also felt a suffocating sensation in your own lungs.

It was beginning to be unbearable; you almost could not breathe at all, you were gasping for air.

As they did so, you felt your back sting with pain, causing another shriek to escape your throat, as if someone dug their nails deep into your skin and dragged it along your back.

Your tattoos began to tremble and move along your back, forming a circle - the Bonded Circle.

You screamed once more and reached out to the group of vampires with the arm that had your bitten wrist, slightly curling your fingers into the direction of your palm, as if you were about to grab something, and a strange surge of energy flowed through you and into your hand.

Suddenly, the group of Cold Ones froze and let go of EXO; the mortal vampires collapsed to the ground, gasping for air.

You slightly moved your flexed hand up, and the Cold Ones moved up as well, levitating from the ground.

Luhan was the first to see this, and he widened his eyes. A bloodbender, he thought. She's a bloodbender...

Gradually, the rest of the EXO boys began to see what was happening to the Cold Ones.

They also widened their eyes.

You shrieked through your teeth and brought your flexed fingers closer to your palm, making the Cold Ones bend their spines back at an impossible angle, earning horrific howls from them.

"Quick!" Suho shouted, "Someone start the fire! ________ won't last long! Luhan, Chen, you two come with me. The rest of you behead them, go, go, go!"

Suho, Luhan and Chen appeared in front of you while you were still holding the power.

In the background, you saw the shadows of the nine remaining EXO members either creating a massive bonfire or twisting the heads off Taecyeon's coven.

They killed the Cold Ones rather quickly, so you relaxed and stopped tensing, dropping your 'burnt' arm on the floor.

But the pain didn't stop there.

You kept moving your torso up and down while your legs were thrashing around because of the venom still spreading throughout your body.

"She's lost too much blood," Suho said rather calmly while hovering over your body, "Luhan, get me a plank of wood,"

Luhan nodded and headed off, and Suho continued, "Chen, I want you to the venom out of _________'s body, do you think you can do that?"

Chen looked at you in horror. "N-no, Suho, I can't-"

"Chen," Suho said sternly, "You have to do it. That's why I called you here. You have the most control. Now do it quick, __________ only has seconds left."

He took a deep breath before gently taking your wrist; you averted your gaze to your wrist as you continued to almost hyperventilate. "I'll make you better, __________," Chen whispered, "I promise..."

His jaw tightened as he closed his eyes and brought your wrist to his mouth, closing it where you were bitten.

Chen began to the bitter venom from your wrist while Luhan and Suho were bracing your broken leg.

As he did so, you gradually began to stop thrashing around, and the pain began to drift away.

The burning was dulling from your body.

You knew that Chen was going to save you from turning into a Cold One.

Once the burning sensation had stopped completely, you felt another one, as if your life was draining from you - Chen was beginning to drink your blood.

"J-Jongdae..." you whispered, trying to pull your arm away from him. Your vision was blurring.

Your hearing was starting to fade as well along with your consciousness.

"Chen, stop," Suho gently told him while placing his hand on Chen's shoulder. "You're killing her...stop..."

----------

I was in the forest again.

Like the first dream/nightmare I had, I didn't know where I was going, but I kept moving forward.

I suddenly saw a small light in front of me, out of the darkness of the forest.

Smiling, I knew where it was and ran towards it.

Hang on...I was supposed to have a broken leg and a bitten arm...

This was another dream, right?

I shook off the thought and continued to run towards the light.

I burst through it and landed in the all-too-familiar meadow.

Looking around, I felt the corner of my lips twist into an idiotic smile.

It was just as beautiful as before. I just hope that I didn't dream of EXO biting me again.

The breeze was light, the sunlight spilt on the meadow, and the air was as fresh as ever.

A sudden slight ruffle was heard among the trees in front of me that bordered the meadow.

I gasped and waited.

They gradually emerged from the trees, one by one, appearing in front of me.

I smiled again.

All twelve of them were safe.

"Guys?" I whispered and began to pace to them.

"_________-ah..."

I giggled and went up to Suho and threw my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me.

He returned the hug with a chuckle, and I felt more and more arms embrace me.

"Am I dreaming?" I asked him.

"Yes, you are, love," he answered gently, "We all are."

Confused, I moved my head from his shoulder to face him. "So, all of you are sleeping?"

He leaned in, giving me a soft kiss before answering. "Yes, we are."

I let go of him and went up to each member and gave them a hug and a kiss.

"__________-ah," Chanyeol began sadly, "I'm sorry for not getting there on time...I mean, you could have, well, turned into one of them if Chen didn't out the venom on time..."

I shook my head. "No, it's okay."

"No, _________, it's not," Chen said firmly, "I was on the verge of killing you right there..." his tone began to soften, "I didn't know if I could stop..."

"But you stopped, right?"

He sighed and reluctantly nodded. "I guess so."

After a few seconds of an awkward silence, I spoke up. "We're dreaming the same dream...right?" I asked, feeling like an idiot to ask about the obvious.

As expected, they laughed hysterically.

"Bonded mates dream the same dream, remember?" Kris said to me, still amused.

I made a face at him. "Whatever...anyways, why are you guys here? Isn't this supposed to be my time to rest?"

"We just wanted to check if you were still okay," Luhan said, "Your heartbeat and breathing are fine, but we just wanted to know if you are still in there, I mean, we don't want you to have amnesia, or something, right?"

I nodded. "Right."

"Anyway," D.O interrupted, "What was that thing you did to Taecyeon's group? How did you do that?"

I gulped, shaking my head. "I'm really not sure...all I remembered was-"

Suddenly, the surroundings began to fade into darkness, the guys began to drift further and further away from me, and I began to panic. "Guys, what's happening?" I asked frantically.

Oh, please, God, don't let that horrible nightmare come back to haunt me.

"You're waking up," Baekhyun stated softly. "We'll see you there, okay? Explain everything later."

I nodded again.

"Oh, and, _________?" Luhan interjected.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry for not coming to save you as quickly..."

I shook my head with a small smile. "It's okay...at least I'm alive, right?"

I didn't get an answer from him.

He already faded away into the darkness with the rest of EXO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOBBING OKAY BECAUSE THERE'S ONLY A FEW CHAPTERS LEFT OF THIS STORY BEFORE I BEGIN ECLIPSE AHSJDLAJSGLGJHFLHG

anyway, everything about your 'power' will be explained in the next chapter because I don't want to spoil it here!! yes, I made you have a power because, again, with the 'you're-not-a-damsel-in-distress' thing haha

Before you guys ask, I'm not going to write New Moon because, to be honest, I really didn't like it, and plus, there's no "Jacob group" in this because I want to focus on EXO ^_^

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!