story

Blood Bond

A/N: FINAL FILLER CHAPTER~~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole time the rest of EXO were gone, I had a blast with Xiumin.

He didn't care about my tomboy attitude, especially when I said that if I like someone (as a friend) I would get a little violent around them.

He didn't seem to mind because he was a vampire and I can't hit vampires without hurting myself.

When the rest of the guys got back, I was really surprised at the clothes they got me.

They bought black skinny jeans, checkered/plaid shirts, hoodies, socks, and singlets, all in my size.

It was spot on.

They knew my style.

My boyfriends knew everything.

I was not really surprised that they didn't get me any underwear because of obvious reasons.

I didn't really mind, so they let me take Chen out to go shopping for underwear.

I ran upstairs and quickly changed into the new clothes that Tao, Lay, and Luhan bought for me, and grabbed my backpack.

Since I didn't want to lose Xiumin's cap if Chen was going to run, I took it off my head and placed it in the bag.

Once both Chen and I were out of the house, he threw me onto his back and began to run with his vampire speed.

Like with the rest of EXO when they ran, I buried my face into his shoulder while tightly wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist.

We arrived near the city in only a few minutes.

I released my stranglehold from him and jumped off his back.

"So, how was the day with Xiumin?" Chen began while we were walking to one of the huge shopping centres.

Girls were glancing and staring at him as they walked past us, but he didn't care; he'd just ignore them and continued to look at me.

I could understand why, though.

Chen had such high cheekbones and the jaw line of a god - he was inhumanly handsome.

I shrugged my shoulders. "It was fun, actually. We actually were able to mess around without any of you guys stopping us..." I giggled a little.

He chuckled lightly. "He didn't want to bite you, did he?"

I blinked, taken aback. "What? Oh, God, no. His eyes were gold, and he said he wasn't thirsty anyways."

Chen ruffled my hair. "I guess he can really control his thirst."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Never mind~"

I rolled my eyes and we continued to walk to the shopping centre.

"Oh, hey, I just noticed," I began while looking at Chen's gold eyes.

"What?"

I gulped before saying the next sentence. "You look like a mix of Se7en and Kim Soohyun."

Chen laughed. "Really?"

I nodded happily, but he frowned, making me do the same in confusion.

"But...I thought I was special to you..." he mumbled.

I flinched back. "What? I-I don't mean it that way! I mean, of course you're special to me! Like, I just thought that-AISH! Jongdae!!!" I whined and threw a tantrum.

He laughed again, probably because he was enjoying annoying me. "I'm kidding, _________-ah. It's so funny to see you get angry like that."

"It's because I'm short, is it? That's why you can't take me seriously?"

"Yep. But don't take that first part personally, though. I know what you mean," Chen leaned down to my ear. "I can sing like Se7en for you and be your Song SamDong any day."

I blushed furiously at that comment and buried my face in my hands. "Jongdae! Stop!" I complained, absolutely flustered, and smacked his arm.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop, only because we're here already."

We entered the shopping centre and eventually made it to an underwear shop.

I made Chen stay outside for very obvious reasons.

After about ten minutes in the shop, I bought a few pairs with the money he gave me, and stuffed the small shopping bag into my backpack.

"Done yet?" he asked me. "With shopping, I mean."

I nodded and we got out of the shopping centre.

I really wanted to stay and keep shopping with Chen, but I wanted to ask him some questions that would be most appropriate if asked at home.

On the way out, Chen began to hum a tune that was all too familiar to me.

He then began to sing it.

You gotta know I'm fallin' in love
nan neoraneun sesange ppajyeoisseo
you gotta know
han sungando neo eobsin sal su eobseo
cuz I know we better together

Hey you know we better together
Gotta gotta get it together
You know we better together
We we we gotta make it forever

I applauded him in delight that he sang one of my favourite songs by Se7en.

Even though Chen has a different voice to Se7en, it was still beautiful.

He smiled in content.

"Yah, if you're going to continue to sing, you'll attract attention." I said sternly.

Chen shrugged his shoulders. "I don't mind, as long as they see how much I love you."

I flushed, making him chuckle. "Please don't use that mushy stuff on me."

-----------

When I finished taking a much needed shower, I changed into one of the new pairs of underwear and the hip hop outfit that the guys bought for me.

I threw out my old underwear because I can't just leave it in my bag, and I can't wash just one pair by itself.

It was about 8:30pm and I've already eaten dinner that I've made.

EXO have left Chen and I back home to go for a run or whatever vampires do in their spare time.

So now, the both of us were on Chen's balcony, staring at the view.

"Hey, Jongdae?" I began and looked up at him while he had his arm around my shoulder.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry if this is a personal question, but...where are your parents?"

Chen sighed and closed his eyes for a short time.

I gulped, realising that it wasn't appropriate to ask that question. "I-I'm sorry, you don't have to-"

"No, it's fine..."

He sighed again before opening his eyes. "Our parents...they're out there hunting down the Cold Ones."

I flinched back and blinked a few times in shock.

Their parents were out risking their lives hunting for vampires far stronger than them.

A sudden wave of sympathy encompassed me as I snuggled in closer to Chen to comfort him.

I was surprised when he decided to continue. "They were close friends for a very long time, so that's how our coven, EXO, met. We met in Korea when we were kids, so our friendship, or brotherhood, began very early. When our parents left us for good about five years ago, that's when the twelve of us became a proper coven. That's when most of us were about fourteen. We didn't mind, though. We knew how to hunt for animals and we knew how to stay away from human blood as much as possible...until we met you."

I gulped, knowing that I accidentally broke their cycle of controlling their thirst. "G-go on..."

He chuckled softly before continuing. "Then about two years after their departure from Seoul, Suho's father returned. We were all shocked. He looked terrible, but he told us that..." Chen inhaled sharply.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "...that what? What happened? Did they kill any Cold Ones?"

Chen shook his head. "They did manage to kill one or two, but...Sehun, Luhan, Lay, and Baekhyun's parents died in the process..."

I suddenly felt tears stinging my eyes, and my heart poured out to them.

My breathing accelerated as I fought back my tears.

"Jongdae...I-I'm so sorry..." I croaked and hugged him tightly.

"No, don't be. It was all in the past. Anyway, Sehun, Luhan, Lay, and Baekhyun were obviously traumatised for weeks, like every fourteen to fifteen-year-old would be if they lost their parents. The rest of us were shocked too, because their parents were like our own, but not as shocked as they were. They didn't want to hunt with us. They didn't want to be with us. They didn't want to go outside their rooms for that matter. Because our clothes were usually covered in blood by the time we finish hunting, we had to give our bloodied clothes to those four so they could drink the blood from the clothes, but obviously, that amount of blood wasn't enough to satiate their thirst for that long."

Great.

Now I feel that this sadness that was triggering inside Chen was all my fault.

Stupid me and my big mouth.

Chen my cheek to comfort me. "As soon as Suho's father told us, he comforted us for a few minutes, and then departed so he could return to the remaining hunters. That was then the twelve of us decided to split up so one half would live in Korea and the other half would live in China. We wanted to split because we thought that living in different countries would increase our chances of running into our parents, and killing Cold Ones."

I hesitantly looked up at him. "So who pays for your giant houses?"

"Well, because our parents work for the Volturi, the vampire government-"

"There's a vampire government?"

"Of course, __________. There's a government for everything. Now would you let me finish, please?"

I nodded quickly.

"Anyway, our parents worked for the vampire government, and those people believed that our parents were strong enough to take on the task of hunting the Cold Ones, and because it was such a risky task, they were paid tremendously, so that's how we have our homes now."

I finally realised how lucky I was - divorced parents were nothing compared to dead parents.

My stomach twisted while my heart clenched at the thought of my lovers' deceased parents.

It must have been so hard for them.

"I'm sorry, Jongdae...I'm sorry...I'm sorry for even asking..."

"It's fine, _________-ah. You had to know. We are your mates, so you, as our mate," Chen kissed my head, "as my future mate, have a right to know about our parents."

He kissed my head again, but this time, I wasn't too sure on how I should approach EXO anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hehe, another long chapter!

sorry for the long wait, guys OTL but I hope you guys liked the date with Chen, and I hope this chapter explains a lot of things AAAAAAAAAAAANDDD, THE VOLTURI ARE INTRODUCED!!!!

OH! and do any of you guys have tumblr? FOLLOW ME AT http://missukiss.tumblr.com and my roleplay blog http://cl-wtf.tumblr.com (yes, I roleplay as CL :L)

please comment and subscribe!!