plan

Blood Bond

Kris was driving like crazy through the forest, so I had to keep a tight grip on the sides of the seat to keep me from freaking out any further.

I couldn't keep my breathing steady, my heart felt like it wanted to pound out of my chest, and my palms were sweating hideously.

I was reacting this way for a reason, other than Kris' heart-stopping driving: I had never been afraid like this in my life.

"What do you mean by 'away from here'?" I frantically asked him as his concentration was on the forest road.

"We're taking you away from Seoul, now."

He didn't make any eye-contact with me, he only continued to fix his hard gaze on the road.

"What? You can't do that!" I protested, my voice full of fear.

"What are you talking about?" Luhan asked rather calmly.

"He wants to get me away from Seoul!" I fired with an unnecessary excess of harshness.

"Kris, we can't do that," D.O said, "There must be another way."

That was when Kris exploded, slamming his hands on the steering wheel, making me suddenly fear him even more. "DON'T YOU SEE?! That Junsu guy is a tracker! I read his mind. Hunting is his obsession. Once he starts hunting, he won't stop until he gets killed by something. We have to rip him up and burn the pieces."

D.O didn't seem shaken about the idea. "That seems like a good option."

Kris scoffed and continued. "Hunting and tracking is his favourite game, and now we've just made it his most exciting game EVER."

I hesitated. "But I thought that I didn't smell the same way to others like I do with you..."

"You don't, but that doesn't mean you're not tempting to them. Just because you're OUR singer, it doesn't mean that you're unappealing to others."

"This is all my fault, oh, man, why didn't I see that coming...I'm so stupid, argh!" Luhan complained.

"Gege, stop!" I hissed at Luhan. "It's not your fault! So, what now?"

Kris sighed and tightened his grip on the wheel. "So now, because he's crossed your scent, he'll do anything in his power to get to you. His plan was already set out before Taecyeon started speaking! Because he's going to go and hunt for _________, it's most likely that the rest of their group are going to spread out around Seoul to get a higher chance of catching her! That's why we have to leave as far away as possible right now."

"But if this turns into a fight, then they'll be outnumbered." Luhan suggested calmly. "There's another option."

Kris growled dangerously. "DAMMIT, LUHAN!" he yelled, making me jump. I guess Luhan expected that, maybe that's why he didn't jump, but Kris continued, "THEY'RE COLD ONES! WE'RE NOT! IT'S PRETTY OBVIOUS THAT OUR NUMBERS ARE GOING TO MAKE UP FOR OUR WEAKER SENSES! There - is - no - other - option!"

"How about you take me to China?" I suggested timidly, knowing Kris' state of mind is not to be messed with right now.

"No, __________," D.O answered immediately, "They'll track your scent and they'll follow us."

"What about staying at your place?"

"We can't do that either," Luhan rejected, "It's the first place they'll look."

"Can we stay at a hotel in Seoul?"

"No, _________!" Kris shouted, his voice full of determination, again making me flinch. "Just stop, and let us handle this! You listen to us and you'll be safe, got that?!"

This time, it was my turn to become angry. "Since when did YOU have the right to control me? Yeah, sure, I'm your mate, but it doesn't mean that I can get pushed around like a rag doll! I am going to stay in a hotel in Seoul until the fight is over, and that's final."

Kris sighed. "Okay, but we'll have to stop at your place to get you a change of clothes first, then we are going to meet at our place so you can change into a set of our clothes so we can confuse your scent with ours to throw them off their track."

"Who's clothes is she going to change into?" D.O asked.

"Let me decide that." I muttered.

We eventually arrived at my place after about fifteen minutes thanks to Kris' horrific driving.

"You have fifteen minutes to grab whatever you can and get back out here, got it?" Kris warned fiercely. "Luhan, go into her room via the window, now."

I didn't answer him as I got out of the Jeep and rushed to the front door.

I opened my backpack and grabbed the house keys, and unlocked the door.

I burst inside the house and ran up the stairs without considering closing the door.

"Luhan? Are you there?" I called out as I ran towards my room.

He was there, alright.

Luhan opened a draw and dived his hands in, pulling out a handful of clothes and threw it to me."There, that should be enough for about two days."

I caught the clothes and shoved them into my backpack. "Thanks, gege."

He suddenly appeared in front of me and enveloped me in a tight hug. "I'm so sorry, mei mei, I'm sorry for putting you in a position like this...I should have seen those people before setting the date for the game..."

I pulled away and dropped my bag and leaned up to him, forcing my lips on his.

He kissed me back for a short while before I pulled away again.

"Luhan, it's not your fault," I began, "It was never your fault. The visions didn't come, right? The future changed, right?"

He sighed and nodded. "Okay, let's go. We don't want to keep Kris waiting."

"Okay..."

I grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs, looking at the house one more time.

I sighed and went out the front door and shut it.

Sometimes, I wish I didn't want to be involved with these guys.

Damn...I knew that I shouldn't have taken interest in EXO on the first day of school!

Not that I regret all this, but, seriously, I really didn't know how far all of this vampire business would go...

I ran to the Jeep and jumped into the front passenger seat again.

Before I could even strap myself in, Kris slammed the pedal, and we headed to EXO's place.

----------

We arrived at the gigantic place in no time, and the first thing I saw was that many of the lights in the house were on.

I guess EXO were really fast runners to get here before we could.

Kris drove the Jeep into the garage and parked it next to a silver Mercedes.

As I was about to step out of the Jeep, I was suddenly lifted up and transported to the living room of the house.

"_________!" I heard many voices call out.

"Thank God, you're safe." Baekhyun said with a hint of worry in his voice.

"It's Kris, why would I be safe?" I remarked, trying to soften the tense atmosphere.

Kris placed me down and we faced the rest of EXO.

"We've got everything planned out." he began, "She'll wear our clothes to temporarily mask her scent until we get her to a hotel, and from there, two of us will stay with her, and the rest of us will go and look for Taecyeon's group. We'll go around Seoul with her clothes that she's changed out of and rub it at a few places to throw them off track. Once we've trapped them, we'll kill them."

I gulped at the intensity of the plan. I honestly didn't know if it would work or not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANOTHER CHAPTER COMING UP IN A FEW MINUTES!!!

yes, i've decided to double update because originally, this chapter was supposed to be over 2000 words long, but I figured that it'll be too long to read, so NEXT CHAPTER IS A GO, GO, GO!!!!!!!!!!

yup, the chase has begun, SO STRAP YOURSELVES IN FOR THE WILD RIDE!!

there's gonna be a treat at the end of the next chapter!!