ashes

Blood Bond

As I was running through the forest in search of them, I suddenly felt a seering pain burn its way on my stomach.

I let out a screech of pain and halted my running, and fell to the ground, clutching my waist.

The tattoos were piercing my stomach as I coughed in pain.

I've never felt this kind of pain before...

My breathing was heavy, I felt as if my body was being torn apart. 

I clutched onto the ground beside me, grasping a handful of dirt and soggy leaves, hoping to ease the pain.

It didn't.

I continued to pant as I staggered upwards on my feet.

Once more, I closed my eyes and lifted my head up and took a long, slow whiff of the air.

A far-too-familiar scent hit me in the nostrils.

My eyes snapped open and I immediately rushed off to follow the scent.

I unleashed my desperation into the running, using all the energy and nutrition from the blood recently consumed to go as fast as I could.

The trees that I passed were only a blur as I ran.

I didn't pay attention to anything but the scent.

Not even a few minutes later, the scent directed me to a burning-smelling building.

I widened my eyes as I panted.

"No..." I whispered under my breath.

The only hope that I clung onto was that those twelve children and their human mate were dead.

Hissing, I launched myself through the broken window above and swiftly landed inside the burnt room.

The fire was out, just as I had suspected, but the scent was stronger than ever.

I gazed around the ruined room in shock.

Mirrors were broken. A trench was dug about ten metres along the wooden floor.

I could smell that girl's blood. It was lingering in the air. She had shed some.

That made me wonder how my guys could handle with a scent like hers, even though she wasn't our singer. I could only imagine what those twelve boys would be like around her, their singer.

The thing that astonished me the most was the burn marks around the edges of the enormous trench.

A fire was conducted here not so long ago.

With the glint of hope that those twelve filthy mortals were killed, I slowly made my way to the trench.

I got to the edge of the hole and crouched and sat on my legs.

I took another long whiff of the air and jumped into the hole that wasn't too deep.

Ashes, in seperate piles, covered the floor.

There were six of them.

My hopes were crushed.

It wasn't her group of little boys that died.

It was mine.

My mates.

They were killed by those mortals.

I kneeled in front of Nichkhun's ashes and gathered them in my hands and slowly spread them on my cheeks.

Taking the reality in, I felt fire burn up in the deepest pit of my stomach, revenge consuming me, rising into my lungs.

I inhaled deeply while lifting my head up, and let out a scream of rage.

-----------

I woke up to a familiar warmth embracing me from behind.

My eyes fluttered open to see the sun shining through the window next to my bed.

Once again, I brought my left wrist to my vision and observed the scar.

I sighed, lightly running my finger along the coldness.

I could still remember the pain of almost...dying, I guess.

It was all thanks to Chen for the reason I'm still alive.

I couldn't thank my mate enough for it.

The sound of light grumbling filled my ears, while another body shifting on the bed was felt.

I let out a tiny gasp and turned around, trying to be careful with my still-broken leg.

I smiled when I recognised the sleepy face in front of me. "Jongdae..." I whispered affectionately.

"__________?" he mumbled, "You're awake?"

I frowned at him. "No, this is all a dream." I said sarcastically.

"So you ARE awake?"

I groaned and internally slapped my forehead. "Yes, Jongdae, I am awake."

He chuckled and began to caress my cheek, making me turn pink. "How are you feeling, sweetheart?"

I shyly smiled and shifted closer to him. "Better."

"How's your leg?"

"It's getting there. The cast helps, though."

"That's good."

Chen gently lifted my face up and leaned down to my lips, capturing them with his own.

I giggled and kissed him back without thinking.

It was three weeks since the incident at the dance studio, and the doctor said for me to have the cast on for four weeks.

It was also the final week for this term, and the 11th graders are throwing a prom to celebrate the end of year 11.

Next term will be the start of our 12th grade course, even though next term is the last for the year.

Ugh.

Prom.

I CANNOT believe that the guys actually dragged me into it.

I mean, they know PERFECTLY well how much I hate dresses, though I don't mind the prom event itself.

"Come on, love," Chen urged softly, "Jessica and Amber are coming over in an hour."

"I know." I muttered.

He chuckled lightly and I felt him get out of the bed.

The quilt was thrown off me and he scooped me into his arms and gently placed me sitting on the bed.

He took the cast that stood in front of my bed. "Do you want me to put it on for you?"

I shook my head and took it off him. "I'll do it."

"Okay..."

I rolled up the left leg of the pants and staggered placing my leg into the cast.

I pulled the leg back down and slowly stood up while Chen had his hands hovering over my arms in case I fell, or something.

"I'll be going now, okay?" he said and moved his hands away from me.

I looked up at him and nodded. "Okay."

"Are you sure you can handle things with your broken leg?"

"Jongdae, I've been taking care of myself and doing things as usual for the past three weeks, what's new?"

Chen bit his lip and nodded. "Just checking." He stepped forward and leaned down, giving me one more kiss. "I'll see you later, alright?"

I nodded. "Alright."

"Take care of yourself."

"I always do."

With that, he disappeared out the window.

I sighed once more and headed to the bathroom to wash up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAY FOR AN UPDATE ON THE 1ST OF DECEMBER!! XDD

SO Victoria finally got her POV ^_^

sorry for not updating for a few days, guys T_T but thank you to all of you who wished me luck for my studying for my exams ;-;

AND OUR BOYS AT MAMA AWARDS OMFG ASHJDL;ASGHHLASKD;GHKSJLAHD;GSFHSL

LIKE

WHAT

IS

GOING

ON

I

DON'T

EVEN

kNOw

aNYmOrE

CHOKING OKAY THAT'S IT FOR THE SPAM FOR TONIGHT

I WILL UPDATE IN ANOTHER FEW DAYS OR SO

COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBERS ARE LOVED!!!!!!!!!