research

Blood Bond

Baekhyun and I got out of the car and tried to avoid all the stares that we were getting.

Ugh, stupid.

I knew I shouldn't have gone with him today...

"Hey, do you want me to massage your back for you? You look hurt..." he asked, concerned.

I gulped and nodded slightly, not wanting to look spoilt because I have been offered a massage.

Baekhyun chuckled and began to rub at my shoulder blade, and the same sensation like when Sehun massaged my shoulder came back.

A few moments later, he let go, and smiled again. "There you go,"

The pain immediately ceased and I giggled shyly. "Thank you, Baekhyun,"

"No problem,"

We then went our seperate ways.

---------

At lunch, I told Amber that I was going to go to the library to catch up on some homework from yesterday.

She agreed and I went off.

When I got into the library, I went to an empty group table and pulled out my laptop.

Ever since my third tattoo appeared, EXO were acting weirder and weirder around me.

Sehun suddenly became so much nicer than when I first met him.

Kai and Chanyeol are always trying to be near me whenever they had the chance.

D.O. tried to talk to me as much as he could.

My friends were getting more worried about me because my shoulder was in pain a lot more frequently.

I couldn't say anything to them about the tattoo because they can't see it.

Being so frustrated with everything that was going on, I decided to do some research about the tattoos and how to get rid of them.

I sat on the chair in front of my desk and opened my laptop.

Once it started, I went on the internet and googled 'tattoos that itch'.

As I expected, there were only things on where to get tattoos, how to get rid of itches, and a caption 'the skin around a tattoo will itch within the first few days because the skin must get used to the new tattoo,' which did NOT help at all.

I groaned and typed in 'tattoos that suddenly appear on the shoulder blade'.

The results were promising. I clicked on the first link that had my typed caption in bolded letters.

The website had the article "Vampire mating", and this was the first sentence of the second paragraph:

Tattoos of odd symbols that appear on one's neck, shoulder, or wrist, are a sign of a bond formed between a vampire and their mate.

I shook my head violently and blinked a few times at the screen.

Appear on one's neck, shoulder, or wrist...

"_________, are you okay?" Kai asked with concern before hissing in pain and holding his own wrist. "Ouch!" he let out as he rubbed his wrist.

That also explains why Chanyeol had been rubbing at his neck, and D.O at his back, all day!

But...vampires...?

There's no way that those stupid pretty boys are vampires...

I ran my hand down my face and continued to read.

At first, the recipients of the tattoos face much pain due to the sudden appearance. The tattoos are usually formed overnight.

Wh-what?

These parts were true, but...

Just like the unchanging nature of vampires, the love that a vampire feels for their mate will never change; their feelings are permanent, just like a tattoo.

This article was talking about the presence of only one tattoo.

What about the second one on my back?

Usually, I was an impatient person, but this time, I just wanted to take the information slowly.

I scrolled down until I saw a certain sentence:

Because the connection within a coven of vampires is so deep, isn't unusual for a male-dominated coven to bond with a single female - human or vampire - as that female gives the coven a centre or core. Female vampires may form bonds as well, but female-dominated covens cannot bond to single males.

I almost had a heart attack when I read that sentence.

It isn't unusual for a male-dominated coven to bond with a single female - human or vampire.

I shook my head and continued to read.

When a male coven mates with a female, the bond within the coven, and between the coven and the female is so pure, that if one vampire feels a certain emotion, whether it be pain, happiness, sadness, then the rest of the coven can feel it also. They can also dream the same dreams. Similarly, when a single male mates with a single female, they can feel each other's emotions and share the same dreams.

That was then I slammed my laptop shut.

This was all bullcrap.

Vampires don't exist, and if they did, I'm pretty sure that EXO wouldn't be the ones to be one.

But...hang on...I still remember on the first day I started school...
 

They all look so different from each other, yet so...the same...

~~

I looked to the table EXO, or whatever they're called, were sitting at.

They were sitting at the furthest corner of the cafeteria, isolated from everyone else, not even taking anything out to eat.


That hit me.

I frantically opened my laptop again and opened a new tab on the internet to save the page about the tattoos.

I went onto Google again and typed "vampires".

Of course, there were all different pages on movies, TV shows, role-playing games, underground metal bands, and gothic cosmetic products.

Then I found a website that had everything about vampires: Vampires A-Z.

I clicked on it and looked through the site for a few moments until a few words that hit me like a wrecking ball.

Speed.

A memory of the accident two days ago was jogged: when Kai was on the other side of the carpark, from where I stood, and appeared in a matter of seconds in front of me to save me.

Strength.

Yet again, another memory: D.O. punched the last guy I knocked out, and that guy was sent flying to the back of the alley.

Shifting eye colour.

That would explain Sehun's changed eye colour from black when I first saw him to gold right now.

Gold contacts aren't in fashion!

Blood drinkers.

Is that why EXO never eat anything?

Enhanced senses.

A memory from last night's dinner with D.O flashed into my mind, when he said that he lost my scent and then he found it again because of my increased heart rate.

But, hang on, I've read before, and seen movies and TV shows, that vampires couldn't come out during the day, or when the sun was around, otherwise they'll be burnt to crisps; they would only come out at night.

Aggravated, I shut my laptop screen.

Through my irritation, I felt overwhelming embarassment.

It was all so stupid.

I was in the library researching vampires.

What was wrong with me?

Shaking off my unrealistic thoughts, I pulled out my art book and pencils and began to draw.

By the end of the session, I widened my eyes as to what I had just unconsciously drawn.

I drew the tattoos that were on my shoulder blade, with much emphasis on the outlines.

And as stupid as it may sound, I ended up drawing Baekhyun's eye, again with much emphasis on his guyliner.

I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see Suho smiling at me.

"Oh, hello, Junmyun," I greeted him and turned back to the drawings.

"Hello, __________," he replied sweetly. "Hey, um, I just wanted to say that since you're practically friends with the rest of my group, can I ask if we could be friends too?"

Part of that was wrong - I wasn't friends with Chanyeol because he never talked to me.

I nodded and smiled at him. "Yeah, I can't see why not."

"That's great! Hey, if you don't mind me asking..."

"Yeah?"

"What are those drawings?" he asked and pointed to my book.

.

"Uh...um...they're just, er, symbols I made up. Cool huh?"

He nodded once. "That's a cool eye,"

I looked to the drawing of Baekhyun's eye. "Um...thanks..." I blushed.

Just then, the bell rang. I felt a wave of relief wash over me as I began packing my things up.

Suho ended up packing my laptop and art book back into my bag as I put all my pencils back into my pencil case.

What a gentleman.

He handed my bag over to me and smiled; I couldn't help but smile back at him as I placed the pencil case back in.

"Thank you, Junmyun," I said to him as I threw the bag over my shoulders.

"Any time, _________,"

We then walked to our next classes together.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES!

QUADRUPLE UPDATE OMFG.

okay, sort of, because I kind of written half of it last night, but I realised that that bit I wrote was supposed to be for this chapter, not the previous ones OTL

i'll update more tomorrow!

don't forget to comment and subscribe!