blood bender?

Blood Bond

 

I woke up to find a bright white light piercing my vision.

An unfamiliar white room was placed within my sight.

My whole body was numb, but soon enough, I began to start hearing and feeling things.

I heard the beeping of a monitor to the right of me, and I could feel a fabric wrapped firmly around one of my wrists.

I groaned a little before fluttering my eyes open.

I heard gasps and a few "she's awake!"s and a sudden breeze around me.

"H-huh? Guys?" I mumbled as my eyes began to adjust to the light.

"Oh my gosh, ___________, I thought you were going to sleep forever!" Chanyeol gasped.

Luhan rolled his eyes. "I already saw her wake up..." he muttered.

"How long was I out for?"

"About two days," Kai said, "We were worried sick!"

I pouted a little. "I'm sorry..."

I lightly groaned as I tried sitting myself up with my arms supporting me, but the guys freaked out and gently pushed me back onto the bed.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Can't I sit up?"

They shook their heads.

"No, sweetheart," Suho said gently, "Your arm is in terrible condition and so is the rest of your body."

I blew on my fringe and crossed my arms, suddenly feeling a shot of pain on my wrist that was bitten.

I made a hideous face in pain and slowly uncrossed my arms and placed them on my sides. "Okay, I believe you."

"You only believe us when you actually experience what we tell you NOT to do," Kris stated bluntly, "AKA, when it's too late."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. What happened to Taecyeon's group?"

They all began to look at different directions and some scratched the back of their heads.

I knew that they wanted to avoid the subject.

"Guys," I demanded, "What - happened - to - the - other - group?"

It was Lay's turn to speak up. "Well, since you bloodbended them, I blinded them and...we took care of them."

I was dumbstruck. "Bloodbend? What's that?"

"You don't remember?" Sehun asked, a little surprised. "Anything at all?"

I shook my head. "What did I do?"

"Well..." Xiumin began, "Um, you remember getting bitten by Junsu, right?"

I nodded.

"And you saw us come into the studio?"

I nodded again.

"What do you remember after that?"

"Um..." I closed my eyes and thought back, "I remember feeling something scratching, like, REALLY scratching my back until I was almost crying in pain as if the skin of my back was about to be torn off...and then...nothing after that..."

Honestly, though...bloodbending?

That's a little absurd.

A human can't have powers...

"Guys, but, what's a bloodbender?" I asked them.

"A bloodbender is someone who can control the blood or body of an animal, or anything that has blood." Luhan answered immediately. "You can manipulate the body in any way, like a puppet, sort of...but that is one very powerful ability that you possess...I don't know how you could do that..."

I was just as confused. "But how did I get that power? I mean, for one thing, I'm a human, and those guys that I 'bloodbended' are Cold Ones...they don't have blood."

"I heard the blood they just fed on run through their bodies," D.O said, "They hunted shortly before, so you bended the blood in there."

I nodded slowly, but I still didn't know how I got the power. "But how did I manage to attain bloodbending?"

"I think I have the answer to that." Baekhyun's voice sounded.

EXO moved out of the way to let him walk through.

He held his iPhone in front of me. "Look what I've found."

I furrowed my eyebrows and took the phone from him and began to read.

When a vampire, or coven of vampires, are in danger, their mate also experiences the pain, though they do not need to be in the presence of the source of the pain.

I rolled my eyes. "I know this alread-"

"Just keep reading."

I sighed and continued.

If the mate is within close proximity to the coven, the tattoos (explained earlier) of the bonded mate will move to form the Bonded Circle. This Circle allows the mate, human or vampire, to temporarily obtain a supernatural ability if they do not possess one already. Once the coven is no longer in danger, the mate's ability will halt and she will return to having no ability. This only applies to female mates who have been bonded with a single male vampire or coven of vampires.

I widened my eyes at the paragraph.

Woah...this was just as crazy as when I first found out that EXO were vampires...

"So...my ability is bloodbending?" I murmured without taking my eyes off the screen.

And the Bonded Circle...so that's why it felt like something was scratching the hell out of my back.

"I'm afraid so..."

"Can you bloodbend now?" Sehun asked.

I shook my head. "The paragraph says that it's only temporary if I don't already have a power."

"Let's see your back now?" Tao suggested.

I nodded and got up into a sitting position. I leaned forward so that my back was more visible.

Kris went over to my side and gently lifted the cover off my back. "Hmm, there's no circle. It's back to the grouping."

I felt the rest of them rush to my sides and gaze at my back.

"Um, guys, I think you should put the cover back..." I said awkwardly. The cover was placed back on, so I sat back into the mattress. "So what did you do with the fire after that?"

"We obviously put it out," Chanyeol answered, "And then we took you here."

"Are we in the city's main hospital right now?"

They shook their heads.

"It would be too troublesome if we did," Suho noted, "I mean, twelve guys with one girl? That's too many people for one busy hospital."

I nodded once in understanding. "Anyway, uh, what did the doctors say about my condition?"

"Your left leg has been snapped in half, which will probably take three weeks to heal in a cast," Tao began, "They put stitches at the back of your head where you hit it, and you lost a lot of blood."

I gulped.

Woah.

That's a lot of injuries.

I then turned my gaze to Chen. "Jongdae-ah...what did, you know, my blood...taste like?"

Everyone turned to look at him as he cringed.

"Yeah, hyung, what did _________'s blood taste like?" Sehun urged.

Chen gulped and slightly bit his lower lip. "I don't know...the thing is...I-I didn't know if I could stop..."

I pressed my lips together at the thought. "Did my blood, well, taste better than how it smelt?"

"Much better...I must love you a lot to stop."

"You must have..."

They all laughed at the somewhat intriuging joke, but I only let out a quiet chuckle, still knowing that the joke had some darkness integrated within it.

All in all, I knew that I was going to be fine.

The Cold Ones that were chasing us were gone, I have twelve vampires willing to protect me (though I hated the idea of being a helpless little girl), and I have a super power.

But there was one little problem...

Victoria.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope this chapter explains everything about the powers ^_^

anyway, i have exams coming up in about 2 weeks and a few assignments to do and they count towards my HSC OTL so i wouldn't be able to update as frequently as i usually do...probably i'll update once or twice a week, sorry!! T_T

about two more chapters to go until I finish this story and start on Eclipse~~~ who's excited?!? XDD

and a very happy birthday to our precious Chanyeol~~

COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBERS ARE LOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!