speed

Blood Bond

A/N: GUESS WHO THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO? XDDD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Like I said, I'm sorry if those questions were too personal..." Sehun said apologetically as we walked out of the lab, together this time.

I shook my head. "No, no, not at all...after all, everyone in this school knows where I came from, so I might as well tell you some details."

He stopped in the middle of the hallway, making me stop as well.

He furrowed is eyebrows and gave me a concerned look. "You're unhappy,"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"I can tell...but, am I annoying you?"

"Eh? No, you're not. I'm a bit more annoyed with myself, actually..."

God damn, why did I have to spill out those details to Sehun?

Ugh, I hate being so...open-booked.

He smirked. "I think I can take care of that..."

I suddenly felt much more calm and relaxed, but before I could ask Sehun what he did, he wasn't there anymore.

I looked around the hallway to only see people walking to their next class, but no Sehun in sight.

Hmph.

I was about to ask him about the contacts, but whatever...

-----------

School finally ended for the day, and I happily walked down the stairs with my earphones in, of the front yard to make my way through the carpark.

I stopped on one of the stairs to gaze over the scenery, only to see one thing:

That stupid one that interrupted my dance practice when I was in the middle of doing a hard move.

Yeah, that one, Kai, or something.

He was smirking. At me.

His friends were talking seriously amongst themselves, but, oh, man how much I would love to punch that smirk right off his face was overwhelming.

I scowled and rolled my eyes and returned to walking down the stairs.

When I reached the bottom, people suddenly started to frantically run from my direction, though I didn't know why.

I looked forward and saw that a navy-blue van was skidding out of control. The tyres were moving in all directions, making the van accelerate towards me at an incredible speed.

It took me only a fraction of a second to react.

I began to run as fast as my legs could take me, while the van was its side and drifting (like in the Fast and Furious movies) towards me.

At this rate, I could be crushed against the wall by the van, so I cursed my inertia for not having enough energy.

I squeezed my eyes shut as I was running, I suddenly felt as if I was flying for a second, only to be finally sent back into reality with a painful crash on the cold ground.

I felt another body partially pressed against mine as I landed, a hand protectively gripped the back of my head, and an arm tightly wrapped around my waist.

Looks like I wasn't alone.

I slowly opened my eyes to see Kai's body pressed down against mine, his left arm over his head for his hand to protect the back of my head, and his right arm around my waist.

Only when I gasped did he look at me in the eyes.

His eyes were as dark gold as Sehun's in chemistry this morning.

He moved his hand from my head to the top half of my back and gently pulled me up to a sitting position, never moving his eyes from mine.

I felt my heart race through my chest, as if it wanted to pound its way through my chest right then and there, at both the amount of adrenaline I had just received, and at Kai's handsome face.

My mouth remained partially open from the shock that I had received.

Questions started to flood my mind as Kai examined my face with concern.

What the hell just happened?

Who the heck was driving that van? Probably just a learner.

How did Kai get to me so quickly? Wasn't he just with his friends a few minutes ago? Was he hurt from saving me?

How did we end up flying fifty metres away from where I ran from?

"__________? Are you alright?" he spoke. His low, frantic voice was the only one I could hear out of all the yelling that was going on.

I nodded quickly. "I-I'm fine..." I managed to choke out, still shocked.

"Does your head hurt?"

"No..."

Hmmm...I guess Kai wasn't such a jerk after all.

He turned his head back to see the scene, and my gaze followed.

The side of the van was completely totaled as it was crushed against the wall near the stairs, right where I was running from not even a minute ago.

Some students were helping the driver out of the window of the van, and some were examining the passengers' injuries if they had any.

I winced at the thought that I would have been splattered to bits if Kai hadn't helped me.

He stood up and pulled me up with him also.

I looked up at him and observed that he was at least 180cm.

"Here, let me carry you to the nurse's office," he said.

"No, thanks, I can wa- eep!" I squealed as he lifted me up bridal style, as if I didn't weigh a few grams. This move attracted attention.

I looked down to see that I was far off the ground thanks to his height.

"Are you sure you're not hurt anywhere?" he asked, concerned, as he began walking to the building.

I looked up and him and shook my head. "I'm fine, thanks, really," But then I remembered something. "Hang on, you were over there," I pointed to EXO, who were staring at the crash scene. "You were over by your car."

He shook his head. "No, I wasn't,"

"I saw you,"

"I was beside you."

"I saw you." I repeated firmly.

"You hit your head, _________, you saw things. Unless you were daydreaming about me," he said jokingly.

Ugh.

Okay, I take back what I said about Kai not being a jerk.

I hit his chest once.

"Ouch,"

"I did NOT see things. You were there by your car!"

"__________-ah,"

I mentally gasped as he spoke informally to me.

"I was beside you and I pushed you out of the way." he said and gazed at me as if he was communicating something vital.

I set my jaw. "No."

"Please...___________-ah..." he said softly, looking at me with those gentle, gold eyes.

I shook my head once and sharply crossed my arms. "No."

He sighed, giving in.

"Why are you helping me? I mean, you don't even know me." I asked him. We were in the building now and he was making his way to the nurse's office.

Kai gave me a look of question. "Is it a crime to help a fellow sunbae?"

THIS GUY IS UNBELIEVEABLE!  "No, I guess not..."

"Then, good, because we're here," He gently set me down onto one of the waiting chairs. "I'll wait outside because none of your friends are here."

Okay, I guess that he's half jerk-half nice.

"Promise you'll explain later?"

He sighed, but nodded. "Okay."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'LL UPDATE SOME MORE LATER TODAY!! XDD

I hope you guys liked this chapter haha YAY FOR KAI SAVING YOU XDD

here's a bonus vampire Kai pic I found~~~

COMMENTS AND SUBBERS ARE LOVED!!!!!!!!