powers

Blood Bond

I felt myself blushing so much, so I cleared my throat. "You too, Kris. I'm from Australia. What's your power?"

He looked astonished when I spoke in English to him.

I mean, hey, he's from Canada. I need someone I can speak English to here.

"You are? I like your accent; it's cooler than the ones in those movies. I'm a mind reader, but somehow, I can't read your mind. I tried reading it since the beginning, but I couldn't see anything." he replied in a clear, Canadian accent.

I giggled internally because I could finally hear another North American accent, not just from Jessica and Amber this time; nonetheless, I was confused.

First, I was EXO-K's singer, and now Kris can't read my mind? That's kind of weird. Maybe I should ask him more about it after the introductions.

"Okay, can we please stop with this multilingual crap now? My head really hurts." Kai complained.

D.O 'lightly' punched Kai's arm.

Kris swiftly shot Kai a glare before disappearing back to his seat.

"Hey, Kris?" Suho spoke up. "We're going to hunt now, since that run took up a lot of energy."

"Okay, sure, go ahead." Kris agreed.

Chanyeol dashed up to me. "Won't be long, okay?" he said and pecked my lips.

I scrunched up my face from the contact of our lips. "Don't look too bloody in front of me."

He chuckled. "For you, I'll try my best not to get any blood on me."

Chanyeol was suddenly pulled back by his collar by D.O. "Come on, Chanyeol." D.O huffed.

Suho appeared in front of me and softly kissed my lips. "I'll see you later, okay?"

I nodded. "Bye, Junmyun," I turned back to the other guys who were leaving, Suho joining them. "Bye, guys!"

"Bye, darling/yeobo/jagi/honey!" they called back.

"Finally, I can speak Mandarin without people complaining." I heard someone complain.

I turned back to facing EXO-M, and someone else suddenly appeared in front of me and took my hand and kissed it.

I looked up from my hand to his face.

That guy was so cute!

He had big bambi eyes and had high cheekbones that were covered with his baby fat.

He looked no older than about 14 or 15.

"Hello, mei mei. My name is Luhan." he said. "You're very pretty. I can see why EXO-K bonded to you."

I felt myself blushing again. "I'm not pretty...I'm a tomboy, like, seriously, look at me." I argued.

Luhan chuckled. "But in our coven's eyes, you're pretty."

Just then, he disappeared and another cute, baby-faced guy stood in front of me.

"Hey, I'm Kim Minseok, but I'm known as Xiumin here." he said and held his hand out and I gladly shook it.

Woah.

Another Korean in the Chinese coven?

So there are only four Chinese members?

"Nice to meet you, Minseok. By the way, you look like a-"

"Baozi, I know."

I gave him a questioning expression while the rest of the guys laughed. "What? You do? But what I was about to say was that you looked like a fifteen-year-old..."

Xiumin lightened up a little. "Really? Thanks, because everyone I come across says I look like a baozi, especially this guy..." he pointed his thumb to Luhan, who was laughing the most.

I shook my head with a small smile. "No, gege, I don't think you look that much like a baozi."

His face lit up. "Really? Finally! Gosh, I thought I'd never find anyone that will say that..."

I chuckled. "You're welcome."

The next guy didn't dash up to me like Kris, Luhan, or Xiumin.

He was rather shy, so he walked up to me instead.

"H-Hello, my name is Zhang Yi Xing, but you can call me Lay..."

I nodded confidently and patted his arm. "Nice to meet you, Lay. I hope you're not shy because of my scent?"

Lay shot up. "What? No, it's not because of your scent, though it is kind of...yeah...but, nonetheless, it's not because of that. You're just really pretty."

I slapped my forehead. "Guys, how many times do I have to tell you? I'm-not-pretty."

Chen groaned. "How many times do we have to tell you, ________-ah? You-are-beautiful-to-us."

I grumbled, knowing that I would never convince them that I don't look that pretty.

I mean, I look like a little teenage boy. Which guy wants to go out with that?

The final person to go up to me was one of the taller guys of EXO-M...or EXO overall.

He looked pretty scary, so I felt really intimidated and nervous when he got closer.

"Hey, my name is Huang ZiTao but call me Tao for short." he said rather cheerfully with an oh-so-adorable smile and lifted me up into a bear hug and began to spin around. "Uahh, you're so tiny!"

"Ahhh! Tao! Put me down!" I squealed, flinging my legs.

Wow.

I guess that Tao isn't as intimidating as I thought.

"Tao," Kris said firmly. "Control yourself and your thoughts. She's not like those animals we feed on."

I froze as Tao slowly put me down.

Tao was thinking of eating me?

Man, it being a human.

"Sorry, gege," Tao apologised. "But you should still mind your own business."

Kris rolled his eyes. I went up and sat next to him. "What is it, _________?" he asked.

I gave him a questioning look. "Why can't you read my thoughts?"

He sighed and rubbed his left temple. "I'm not sure. Every time I try to read your mind, I can't hear or see anything. It's like I can only read AM frequency and you are on FM."

I nodded once in understanding. "So...am I your clan's singer?"

Kris looked up from massaging his temple and nodded. "Unfortunately."

I rolled my eyes.

I knew it.

EXO-K and EXO-M were part of the same coven, but lived in different places.

Of course I would be their singer.

"Okay," I said straightly. "It was nice talking to you, Kris." I got up and patted his shoulder a few times before moving over to where the rest of EXO-M were sitting.

There was no space left on the couch they were sitting on, so I grabbed an end-chair and sat on that, sitting in front of them.

"So what powers do you guys have?"

"I can see the future," Luhan chirped. "Though, my visions are subjective. I mean, the visions change as the future change, you know? The future isn't set in stone, so my head is vulnerable to headaches." he added cutely.

I couldn't help but to giggle, while resisting the urge to give him a hug. "That's so cool! What kinds of things do you see?"

He tilted his head diagonally upwards while tapping his chin. "Hmm...well...I saw EXO-K taking someone with them while running to our place, and I didn't know who it was. I couldn't make out the face. I only saw the body shape. But that person was you, __________."

"Wow..." I breathed, amazed.

I didn't know authentic psychics existed, but I guess Luhan proved me wrong.

He smiled and pinched my cheek. "I'm glad I saw it."

I blushed and changed the subject to avoid any more cheesy scenes. "Anyone else? Lay? I heard you had a power, but I forgot what it was..."

Lay laughed shyly. "I'm an illusionist. I can make people see an illusion I want them to see, or see nothing at all. My range is only limited to anyone in my eyesight."

I nodded once. "Ahh...can you try it on me?"

He looked a little shocked. "Um...okay, then."

I took a deep breath and shifted around in my seat a little while he held the tips of his index and middle fingers on his right temple.

Lay fixed his gaze on me, concentrating on my eyes.

I twiddled with my thumbs to wait to see something other than the living room, but Lay exhaled sharply, his shoulders slumping.

He let go of his temple and panted.

Huh?

"Lay? Are you okay? Why didn't I see anything?" I asked him worriedly, leaning over to touch his arm.

He shook his head. "I'm fine, _________. Since I saw that Kris couldn't read your mind, I just used a lot of energy to conjure a strong illusion so you can see it, but it seems like it didn't work. Your mind is sealed from our powers."

I widened my eyes.

My mind? Sealed from their powers?

I suddenly felt a gush of wind against me, so I turned around and saw Kris sitting next to me and facing me.

"Since I can't read your mind without contact, can I try something?"

"Depends what it is."

"Let me just hold your head for a second."

My eyes wandered in all different directions. "Uh, okay?"

He held his breath and gently took hold of both sides of my head. He leaned in and closed his eyes as our foreheads touched.

I didn't know what to do, so I closed my eyes also.

After a few moments, Kris moved away, and I opened my eyes to see him blinking a few times in confusion.

"I-I don't understand...it always works that way..." he murmured.

A part of me felt sympathy towards him, and another part rejoiced to the fact that my mind was completely blocked off to vampire powers.

Okay, maybe except for Luhan and Sehun because their powers didn't directly relate to the mind.

The dominant part of me felt sorry for him.

I softened and cupped the side of his face with one hand, making him look up at me in surprise.

"You'll get it one day," I assured him with a smile. "Or I can magically have this power to unblock my mind for you to read."

Kris chuckled. "Thanks for your encouragement, _________."

His laugh was so attractive.

I think I really like him already.

"OOOH, SEEMS LIKE DUIZHANG LIKES YOU __________!" the rest of EXO-M teased like little kids.

Kris 'grrr'ed and glared at them.

I laughed and hugged his arm. "That's okay, Kris. I like you already as well. I like all of you guys already."

Their faces lit up. "Really?!"

I chuckled and nodded. "I can't see why not? I mean, you guys are just as crazy, loveable, and awesome as EXO-K!"

Before I knew it, I was enveloped in a group hug with six huge vampires.

"WE LOVE YOU TOO, ________!!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay, just so you know, EXO-M aren't going to bond with you yet! they just really like you for now hehe ^_^

since i don't have that much homework for now, i can update a bit more :D

but if the homework really starts pouring in, then i'll probably go back to updating 2 to 3 times a week, though it's moreover leaning to the 2 times a week T_T

if exams start to pile in, then i'll most likely update once a week, or once in two weeks since my HSC course is starting this term TT_TT

i hope you guys liked this chapter anyway ^_^

Oh yeah, and I based some of EXO-M on the Cullens as well:

Luhan has Alice's power of seeing the future, but the visions change.

Kris has Edward's mind-reading (and he has Edward's hair LOOOOOL jk jk don't kill me)

Lay's power isn't anyone from the Cullens - he has the same power as an Amazon coven member in Breaking Dawn, called Zafrina.

COMMENTS AND SUBBERS ARE LOVED!!!