scent

Blood Bond

The bell rang to signal that it was time to go to our next class.

"Um, so where's...science lab five?" I asked them.

Eunhyuk piped up. "Oh, you have Chemistry too?"

I nodded.

"Cool! Me too!" Minhyun said excitedly.

"Okay, we'll see you guys at the next break," Eunhyuk said to Amber and Jessica.

"See you guys, then," Jessica said and waved to us before leaving with Amber.

"Let's go!" Minhyun chirped and we headed off.

I turned my head around to look at the area EXO sat at, but they weren't there anymore.

Something fell in the pit of my stomach as I turned back to follow Eunhyuk and Minhyun.

Was it disappointment?

Nah, it can't be.

They're just another bunch of hot guys, it's not like I've never seen hot guys in my life before.

When we got to the science lab, I saw that the benches only catered for two people.

Minhyun and Eunhyuk immediately grabbed a bench.

Ugh.

They stopped laughing and looked at me.

Eunhyuk gulped. "Oh, sorry, _________, we'll find a spot for the three of us next ti-"

"No, it's okay really..." I said with a forced smile.

I scanned the room and saw that there was one bench left.

The person there looked oddly familiar...poker face, staring into space, eyes cold as ice...

That could only mean one person - Sehun.

I rolled my eyes and went over to the bench.

As he took one glance, full of hatred in his expression, I gave him a quick, tiny smile to show that I didn't want to be much of a bother to him.

I noticed that his eyes were black - coal black.

He didn't say anything to me, but he only moved even further away from me, leaning on the extreme side of the bench.

I took the collar of my shirt and sniffed it - it only smelt like my laundry detergent.

So why was Sehun avoiding me?

Sighing, I took out my exercise book and pencil case from my bag, and slammed them onto the table one at a time.

It looked like Sehun didn't like me at all, so I moved my chair over to the furthest side of my side of the bench until the chair hit the side of the table.


Sehun's POV:


Another day of chemistry, humans, and trying to resist the life out of them. Great.

I sat at my usual bench in the science lab, trying to block out all the wild emotions of the students around me...

Pathetic, I know.

The ability to control emotions isn't as cool as many people think. It's annoying most of the time, actually. You can know what people around you are feeling, and when someone is overly sad or depressed, you can feel their anxiety as well, which is pretty stupid. I wish I had Kai's ability to run faster than a normal vampire so I can get away from these people quicker - now THAT'S a cool power.

The door opened and three figures came walking in.

The two guys, Eunhyuk and Minhyun, came in laughing, and there was a...girl/guy quietly walking behind them with his/her head down.

That person had a short, choppy hairstyle with a sweeping fringe and spiky-ish edges that covered half of their right cheek. He/she had a really boyish hairstyle but a feminine body shape and stance...to top it all, that person was really, REALLY short.

The person was wearing a black shirt with a long-sleeved, ed red and black plaid shirt over it. They also wore black skinny jeans with black converse shoes. 

Huh...this person surely likes the colour black.

It took me a few seconds to realise that this person was a girl, a tomboy, to be precise. But where were her brea-? Never mind.

I shuddered internally. Must not let teenage vampire hormones overtake.

As Eunhyuk and Minhyun took their places, they gave the girl an apologetic look, but she shook her head and scanned the room.

Duh, of course the seat next to me was the only one left because no one wants to sit next to the mysterious member of EXO; poor girl.

As she got closer to me, she walked in front of the fan that blew towards me.

Her scent suddenly hit me like a wrecking ball, as if D.O-hyung hit me with his study table and broke it to pieces and kept hitting me with those pieces.

She had the sweetest blood I've ever smelt in my whole life.

I hadn't imagined a scent like that could ever exist...but I guess it did.

With one more glance, I also noticed something...

She was beautiful...even though she's a tomboy, but behind that mask was someone that is completely different...well, in my eyes anyway.

She sat down, okay, more like slumped down, making the her scent surge into my nose once again.

My heartbeat doubled as I felt a sudden flow of venom seep its way into my mouth.

If the level of how appealing a human's scent was a thermometer, a normal one would be somewhere in the middle.

Her scent would be shot up and right out of the thermometer, breaking the glass that held the brim.

No...she can't be...

A singer.

Great, just great!

Why does a singer have to be right next to the vampire of the clan with the least control over their thirst?!

I HATE BEING THE MAKNAE. UGH, IT JUST RUINS MY ABILITY TO CONTROL MY THIRST BECAUSE I'M THE YOUNGEST.

How long has it already passed? One second? One minute?

I could imagine the taste of her blood...NO, NO.

OH SEHUN, YOU MUST NOT THINK OF EVER BITING HER. FOR SUHO'S SAKE.

There was only one way of making it through this period without killing her - holding my breath.

Vampires can hold their breath for a pretty long time, as long it doesn't surpass two hours, because we have beating hearts too, but different blood from humans and animals. Only the Cold Ones can hold their breath for an infinite amount of time.

I cut off my flow of oxygen; the relief was instantaneous, but incomplete.

The memory of her scent was still in the back of my mind, and I could almost taste the blood.

My throat was still on fire, bone dry from the overwhelming thirst.

Man, now I really wish I had Kai's power! I could just get away from all this without people questioning me!

I prayed and prayed that this period would be over soon.

I looked at the clock and back down to my closed exercise book with vampire speed.

Only half an hour to go. I mentally tore at my hair.

Half an hour with this...this...creature!

Who, or more like 'what', was this thing?!

Why me?! Why now?!

Why had she come here?!

Please, God, please let this hellhole of a half an hour pass by...


Kai's POV:


A sharp pain suddenly drilled its way through my head and my throat suddenly felt like it was on fire.

"Argh!" I hissed as I held my throat.

"Kai, what's wrong?" Suho asked in concern.

Suho, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, D.O, and I were standing in the carpark waiting for Sehun so we can go on our hunt.

It's been a few days since we last hunted, but we don't become thirsty this quickly...or crazily...

"Ouch! I can feel it too!" Chanyeol coughed out.

"Same here," Baekhyun and D.O said while rubbing their heads.

"Maybe it's because we haven't hunted in a while?" I suggested to Suho.

He shook his head. "Thirst doesn't come this quickly. I think Sehun's done something wrong,"

"Oh please," Chanyeol said, "More like he stumbled across somethi-"

He stopped and we all stared at each other.

Sudden headache?

Sudden wild, raging thirst?

That could only mean one thing.

"He's thirsty, and I mean, REALLY thirsty." Suho concluded. "He's come across a singer."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope you guys like this chapter ^_^ i'll update some more tomorrow!

wow 30 subscribers already? thanks so much guys!!!!!!! i guess you guys really love EXO and vampires, huh? XDD

COMMENTS AND SUBBERS ARE LOVED!!!!!