the Cold Ones

Blood Bond

They emerged from the mist of the forest, almost like runway models; however, these people were nowhere near as glamorous as models.

There was one thing that stood out the most for me, and that was there was six men and one woman.

The woman had fiery orange hair in many different shades, and the men were bulky and built, unlike EXO, who had leaner frames.

The six men had the muscles of football players, almost, while EXO had the builds of dancers.

I gulped, thinking as to how EXO would deal with these people.

Honestly, I hope that their vampire instincts would know how to handle this.

The woman was in the middle of the pack and was slightly positioned in front of the men.

I felt an arm slide around my shoulders, both in comfort and assurance.

I looked up and saw Kai gazing affectionately at me.

He lightly squeezed my shoulder. "Don't worry," he said softly, "we can handle this, I promise."

I nodded and looked forward again.

The people then stopped a few metres away from our group.

I noticed that their eyes were of a bright crimson red - human blood-drinkers, just as EXO-K had told me about the Cold Ones. There weren't any that fed on animal blood.

One of the taller and bulkier men lifted up his hand that held our baseball.

"I believe this belongs to you." he said in a rather relaxed tone, and swiftly threw the ball to Suho.

Suho caught the ball in one hand with ease. "Thank you."

"My name is Taecyeon, and this is Nichkhun, Wooyoung, Junho, Chansung, Junsu, and our mate, Victoria."

Kris stepped forward. "I am Kris, and this is my coven; Suho, Luhan, Lay, Baekhyun, Sehun, Xiumin, Chen, D.O, Chanyeol, Kai, and Tao."

The atmosphere was tense.

The female, Victoria, squinted her eyes and scanned our group. "Hang on," she said and pointed at me. "Is that a boy or a girl?"

I gulped as I felt my body flush at the sudden attraction of attention.

EXO looked at me for a second and looked back at the group in front of us.

"This is our mate, _________." Kai spoke, still holding me protectively.

"Wow," she began, "Honey, how did you manage to bond to all these guys? I thought my bond was pretty big, but yours is astonishing."

I bit my lip and nodded.

I didn't say anything because I knew that if I made one wrong move, everything will fall apart and there will be a massive fight between the two covens.

"Show us your tattoos." she beckoned.

I gulped and began to turn around while slowly lifting up my shirt.

"Wait," Suho grabbed my arm, making me look up at him and then to the foreign group.

Without looking at me, he continued. "Can we look at yours if you look at hers?"

Victoria and the men nodded.

Kai turned my body around and lifted up my shirt to reveal my tattoos.

"Wow...so many..." one of the men muttered.

My shirt was then forced down and my body turned around, back in Kai's arms.

"Protective, are we?" a blonde, less bulky guy questioned playfully - I figured out that it was Wooyoung.

Kai only narrowed his eyes and scoffed.

Victoria pulled up her shirt while her eyes looked down to reveal six strange symbols tattooed on her stomach.

She smirked in satisfaction and pulled it down a few moments later.

One of the taller men, Nichkhun, slid an arm around her shoulder and pulled her close to him.

"Sorry for spoiling your trip, but you have just set foot on our territory." Kris said firmly, yet calmly.

Taecyeon looked confused. "Our apologies," he said in a relaxed tone, "we didn't know the territory had been claimed."

"Yes, well, we have a permanent residence nearby."

"Please don't take offence, but, we'd appreciate it if you refrained from hunting in this area." Suho inquired, like the rather positive leader he was. "This is our hunting range and we'd like to say low-cover."

"Of course. We had just hunted outside of Busan anyway. Again, we apologise. We are not hunting as of now. We were just passing through." Taecyeon assured.

For a few seconds, which felt like hours, no one said anything.

"Well? Do you have room for seven more players?" Taecyeon casually added - I'm guessing Sehun used his ability to ease the atmosphere, like he said he could.

Suho looked at the rest of EXO and back at me and Kai before nodding. "Sure. Some of us were leaving anyway. Kris? Kai? Can you two take __________ home? She needs some studying to do."

Kai stiffened a little as Kris appeared on my left before pulling me towards the direction of D.O's Jeep.

Not even a few steps later, one of my nightmares happened - a slight breeze tickled my skin and blew the ends of my hair back.

The two guys on my sides froze, Junsu lifted his head up and took a big whiff of the air, his nostrils flaring.

Junsu opened his now-black eyes as he lowered his head back to normal. "You brought a snack."

Both Kai and Kris pushed me behind them while the two groups launched forward at each other, crouching down in a hunting position, all of them baring their teeth.

Ferrel snarls and hisses were heard from both parties.

"A human?" one of the males on the other side questioned as the heavy exhaling was heard.

"How the hell did all of you bond with a worthless human?" Victoria screeched through her teeth. "No vampire ever bonds with a human, unless..."

"A singer." Nichkhun finished for her.

Victoria looked at EXO as if she wanted to kill each and every one of them right then and there.

"You fell in love with a SINGER?!" she shrieked, but Chansung pulled her back a little.

That comment made EXO hiss even more.

"We are not like you," Kris said menacingly, glaring at the group in front. "We are not of your species."

I was honestly afraid of my boyfriends now.

They were no longer the sweet, caring, funny boys I knew.

They were now vampires - ferocious, animalistic, and dangerous. They were thirsting for a fight to protect me, their one and only mate.

"She is bonded to the twelve of us," Suho pressed rather breathily, "I think it's best if you'd leave."

Again, silence was emitted, only the heavy breathing of the vampires was heard.

"I can see the game is now over," Taecyeon said rather dangerously. "We'll go now."

The other group began to back up, still in their crouching positions, but Junsu and Victoria remained where they were, still in their hunting mode.

"Junsu." Taecyeon warned as he stepped back.

Junsu unwillingly stepped back also, following his leader's orders.

Taecyeon and the other men stood up properly as Victoria gave EXO one final glare before snapping back up and dashing to her mates.

The opposing group disappeared into the misty forest, leaving me shaken.

EXO immediately relaxed from their tense states and began to surround me.

"Let's go, ___________." Chanyeol murmured into my hair.

"Kris, Luhan, D.O, you three take __________ to the Jeep and drive her home," Suho commanded, "the rest of us will run. Meet us at our place in one hour. Got it?"

The three of them nodded, and before I knew it, I was swept into Kris' arms and arrived at the Jeep in a matter of seconds.

"Wh-where are we going?" I asked the three guys as I was frantically shoved into the front passenger seat.

Kris jumped into the driver's seat and started the engine. "Away from here." he growled and began to accelerate into the forest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NYAHAHHAHAHA sorry I couldn't help myself from updating some more XD

yup, 2PM are Victoria's mates ^_^ congrats to those who have guessed right! *gives out cookies*

from next chapter onwards is the chase, so strap yourselves in and be prepared!

please comment and subscribe!!!!!!!!!!