lullaby

Blood Bond

"_________? Wake up..." I heard Luhan say as I felt my shoulders being gently shaken.

I blinked a few times before my vision adjusted properly. "Luhan gege?" I mumbled while I rubbed my eyes. "Where are we?"

"We're at home. You've slept for the whole trip...again..."

I froze, feeling utterly embarrassed. "I-I'm sorry for not staying up with you!"

Luhan only laughed once. "No, it's okay. If you stayed awake, then you'd need goggles, or something, because your eyes would have dried up."

I nodded once.

"Oh, and this is the thing that I wanted to give you..." Luhan began and pulled out a rather fancy grey box.

I took the box from him and examined it.

"Just so you know, it took me so long to get this." Luhan added as I stared at the box.

"Um, okay, then..."

I opened the box to find a pair of white winged Adidas high-tops.

My eyes widened in amazement as to how Luhan actually found this.

"GEGE! YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE!! I MEAN, I DON'T REALLY LIKE RECEIVING PRESENTS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO FEEL SPOILT-"

"It's fine, _________. I wanted to give it to you because, well, I really love you and I think you need something from me to remind yourself of me."

My heart poured out to him because of his thoughtfulness.

I placed the box aside and threw my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. "Luhan, thank you...so much..."

I heard him chuckle lightly and felt his arms wrapping around my waist, pulling me close.

"No, worries, mei mei. I've already seen everything beforehand, so you have to keep it."

I nodded like an idiot. "Of course, Luhan! I'll treasure them!"

"Would you like to try them on?"

My face lit up. "WOULD I?!" I exclaimed and kicked off my Vans.

I tore the paper in the new shoes out and slipped my feet into them.

I smiled down at the shoes in delight and clapped my hands a few times.

"This is so cool! Luhan, where did you get them?"

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, I may or may not have ran around China to find them..."

My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe it. Luhan ran around China to find these shoes!

"So, uh, where are the others?" I asked after a few minutes adoring the shoes.

"Kris told me that they all went hunting. After all it has been a week since they last hunted because you were here."

I nodded once in understanding. "Ah, so, what time is it? I'm a little hungry..."

"Hmm...it's about 5:30pm. We should get you something to eat."

My stomach grumbled at the thought of food. "Yes, please."

We went into the kitchen and found the pantry full of food.

I guess that they know how much of a pig I am.

We eventually made lots of fried dumplings (my favourites) and I ate most of it...except for the last one because Luhan ate it.

When we finished washing up, Luhan jerked his head up, facing forward to stare at God knows where.

"Luhan? What do you see?" I asked worriedly.

He waited for a second before answering. "Lay is back. He seems desperate to spend some time with you."

"So where do you think I can find him?"

"He's in the piano room, like, right now."

Lay is in the house right now? How come I didn't hear anything?

Oh.

Vampire stuff.

"So do you think I should go now?" I asked, not really knowing what to do.

Luhan nodded and lead me upstairs to a pair of huge wooden doors that were carved with fancy patterns.

"Don't worry about your Vans. I'll put them in your room." he said and kissed my forehead and dashed off.

I took a small breath and opened the doors.

I felt heat rushing to my face as I did so because I was so shy.

"You should calm down, ___________. I won't bite."

I lifted my head up from looking at the ground to see Lay sitting at a rather large grand piano. "You can heart my heart beat, right?"

Lay nodded slightly. "And I can see the blood rushing to your face when you're shy."

I gulped. "But you don't want to eat me, right?"

"Of course not! You're my future mate."

I flushed at his comment. "Thanks...I guess?"

He chuckled and motioned for me to sit next to him. I gladly went over to him and sat next to him on the piano seat.

"Can I play this to you?" he asked me.

I nodded. "Of course, Yixing. What's another reason you're at a piano?"

"Oh! Right, hehe, sorry..."

I lightly hit his arm. "It's alright."

"No, it's just that I don't usually play in front of people. I play just to get rid of stress, which means that I play by myself."

I nodded. "Ah, okay. I used to take piano lessons until I moved to Korea a few months ago."

"Really? So how long did you play for?"

"Um, well, I played for about seven years...now can you show me?"

Lay chuckled and placed his hands on the piano.

He took a breath and began to play [skip to 0:30]

While he played, I was mesmerised by the melody and his use of dynamics and expression within the piece.

It was beautiful.

Unknowingly, I leaned my head onto his shoulder as he was playing.

The lullaby was so peaceful I felt like falling asleep, but I knew I couldn't because I wanted to continue to listen to him play.

He eventually finished and I lifted my head from his shoulder.

"Yixing, that was beautiful...did you compose that?"

Lay rubbed the back of his neck shyly. "Thanks, _________, and yeah, I did compose that. It was originally for fun, but now, it's for you."

"Really? That's...ugh, whatever, I'll just do this," I giggled and gave him a big hug, though he seemed a little surprised by it. "Thank you, Yixing."

"It-it's nothing, __________, really. Can you play something for me?"

I let go of the hug and gulped, looking at the piano. "Er...I'm not too sure. I mean, I haven't played in a while."

He laughed lightly, sending my heart racing. "Just play anything. Anything is fine."

I gulped and racked my brain for something to play.

Once I thought of something, I took a deep breath and placed my hands on the keys and began to play.

Throughout the piece, I didn't want to stuff it up in front of Lay, and I tried my best to remember it because I used to play it all the time back in Australia, I mean, which teenage Asian with a piano doesn't know how to play this song?

I finished the piece with extended chords in the extreme ends of the piano, and then slowly removing my now-sweaty hands from the keys.

"...yup, that's it." I said awkwardly. On the corner of my eye, I saw that Lay's jaw had dropped; that was when I actually turned to face him. "Uh, Yixing? Are you okay?"

He gulped. "F-fine. That was really good, __________."

"Eh? Really? My playing seems a little too...un-unique, if you know what I mean."

Lay shook his head. "That was not un-unique. I really like it, and that's what matters."

I smiled and threw my arms around him again, closing my eyes as the side of my face touched his chest. "Thank you, gege. I appreciate it."

"Y-you're welcome, mei mei." he replied timidly and held my face up. He leaned closer to me and I felt his lips touch my forehead.

I could now put my finger onto what Lay was like; he's the gentle, sensitive type, which I absolutely love.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yay for a chapter with Lay ^_^

i hope i made this scene like the one in the first Twilight movie :L

next will be Xiumin because you spent a tiny bit of time with Chen at the beginning of the trip OTL

please comment and subscribe!!