the game

Blood Bond

Supermassive Black Hole - Muse (PLAY!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan held the ball with both his hands at his waist, lifted them up, and lunged forward, his arm flicking out like a whip.

I couldn't even see the ball flying out of his hand before Sehun effortlessly smashed it out of the field.

The crack of the impact was shattering, echoing off the mountains.

I instantly understood the necessity of the thunderstorm.

The ball flew into the surrounding forest as I saw Kai lift his head up and disappear into the forest while Sehun dashed across the bases.

"That's got to be a home run, right?" I said to Chen.

He slightly shook his head and pressed his lips together into a straight line as he continued gazing at the forest where Kai had run into. "Kai is very fast."

It was only a matter of seconds before I saw the ball fly into Chen's hands.

I was astonished as to how fast Kai could run...and how hard he can throw for that matter.

Chen smirked as he touched the home base a split second before Sehun slid and touched the base with his feet.

I pursed my lips with a playful apologetic expression. "Out." I said and pointed my thumb to my left.

"WOOOH, OUT! YEAH!" Baekhyun cheered from the other side of the field.

Sehun made a face and got up. "Stop pouting or I'll have to bite your lips off." he remarked at me.

I stuck my tongue out and resumed watching the game.

Suho was now at the home base and was in position to bat.

He smirked confidently while Luhan lifted his hands, which enveloped the ball, behind his head, and shot his arm forward.

Again, I did not hear or see the ball until Suho slammed the bat against it, sending it flying towards the forest.

He dropped the bat and began to run to the bases.

At the same time, Kai and Chanyeol had their gazes fixed on the flying ball.

They both raced towards it and leapt to catch the ball at the same time; they collided with such force, that it was like two boulders crashed into each other, the sound echoing off the mountains - another reason for the thunderstorm.

The both of them collapsed to the ground, not catching the ball, but they were laughing like idiots while Suho made a home run.

I giggled and shook my head at Suho's sliding to get to the home base.

"You should have been at our past games," he said happily, "we were never this fair before."

"I'm guessing you used violence to get your ways?"

Suho remained silent for a second. "You could leave it at that."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

Typical.

It was D.O's turn to bat; as he was waiting, he twirled the bat, making it bounce off his hand a few times before holding it properly, getting into position to bat.

Again, Luhan moved his hands up and gracefully threw the ball with much strength towards D.O.

D.O hit the ball with much ease as more thunder cracked, sending the ball flying like a comet across the field towards the forest.

He dropped the bat and broke for the bases as Kris was rushing to chase the ball.

Before the ball could get inside the forest, Kris climbed up a tree like a spider and pushed himself off to catch it.

He landed on the ground effortlessly and it back to the field.

I smirked. "My monkey man." I commented, knowing that Kris could hear it.

Tao went up to bat, and Luhan pitched the ball again at an incredible speed.

He grunted softly as he smashed the ball far away from the diamond.

He dropped the bat and began to dash to the first base.

Before Tao could even reach the second base, Luhan froze, staring forward.

"Stop!" he called out. (A/N: Stop playing music here)

Immediately, the whole group stopped what they were doing.

Tao ceased running to the base, Lay and Baekhyun halted their chase after the ball, while Kris and Luhan were staring at each other as something flowed between them.

Kris had an expression of utter horror as Luhan and the rest began running towards Chen and I in panic; Kris ran towards the group as soon as Luhan broke away from their connective communication.

"Luhan, what is it?" Suho asked, alarmed, yet calm. By his tone of voice, I could tell that something was wrong.

I was already freaking out.

Luhan breathed heavily a few times as he held his head. "It's all my fault...I should have known...I should have saw..." he spoke frantically.

"What did you see?" Lay asked him.

"They're coming...they're travelling much faster than I thought...I should have seen it coming!" Luhan hissed, shaking his head in frustration. "It's all my fault...it's all my fault..."

By that time, I was confused as hell.

Who are 'they'?

And why was it Luhan's fault?

Kai went up to Luhan and lightly shook his shoulders. "Hyung, what changed?"

"They heard us playing, and it changed their path," he replied remorsefully, as if he was responsible for this whole thing. "They're running, they want to play too."

"How long until they reach here?" Baekhyun asked.

"Five minutes," Kris answered immediately.

"How many of them are there, Luhan?" Tao asked swiftly.

"Seven." Luhan answered softly.

"Seven!" Xiumin echoed in fright.

"That's pretty easy." D.O added, cracking his knuckles.

Suho squeezed his eyes shut and pinched the bridge of his nose. "This is so bad, this is so, so bad..." he looked up and gazed at Kai. "Kai, do you think you can-"

"No, Suho," Kris growled, "they'll catch the scent, and the last thing we want is for them to start hunting for our mate."

Hunting for our mate?

Who was going to hunt for me?

I gulped and decided to speak up. "Guys, who are 'they'?"

EXO turned to look at me, their faces plastered with fright.

"Sweetheart..." Sehun began and held onto my forearms gently. He gulped and continued, "There are seven Cold Ones coming..."

As soon as the information sunk into me, my eyes widened and my heart began to break into a faster pace.

My knees grew weak as my breathing quickened.

I have never been this frightened in my life.

Sehun, obviously feeling my fright, held me close to him and buried my face into his chest. "Shh, calm down, __________-ah...please...we'll protect you, no matter what..." he murmured as he was my hair.

"B-b-but-"

"Slow your heart down a little," Chanyeol suggested, "that'll make it seem as if you're one of us."

"Keep your cap on." D.O added.

Baekhyun shook his head. "That won't help; I could smell her from across the field."

Suddenly, Luhan tore at his hair. "They're coming now!" he hissed, with a mix of frustration and agony in his voice.

Kai was at my side. "I'm so sorry, _________-ah, we shouldn't have exposed you like that, it was so stupid of us..." he muttered fiercely.

I cupped my hand to the side of his face. "Don't worry, Jongin, our love, our bond, is stronger than we think, remember?"

He nodded and gently took my hand off his face.

EXO stood in one long line and I took the position near the end of the line, in between Tao and Kai, so I won't get much attention when the other group would come.

I took a deep breath and waited for what was to arrive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NYAHAHA I'M SORRY, I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF OTL

I didn't have much homework today, so I could update ^_^

I really hope you guys liked this chapter! It was probably my favourite one to write for this story ^_^

could you see the resemblence of this chapter with the movie/book?

aannnnddd, guess who the group is that's going to face EXO?

muwahahahaha...I already gave you a hint that one of them was Victoria (because, you know, Victoria needs to play Victoria? LOL)

COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBERS ARE LOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!