landscape

Blood Bond

"Y-Y-YOU BROUGHT ME TO THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA!?!!!"

Luhan smiled and nodded. "Yep! You like it?"

I looked back at the landscape absolutely gobsmacked.

My mouth was still hung open and my eyes wide.

SFH;J;GHLASGJDLSFDGHALS;GHDFLGHD;L

The landscape was absolutely stunning; the air was much fresher than the city - it was less thick and muggy, and much more breatheable.

It was completely the opposite of the metropolistic city.

We were on the edge of the giant wall, I looked down and we were probably at least twenty metres high up.

"HOLY CRAP!" I gasped and held onto his neck.

"Don't worry, I've got you." Luhan said assurringly.

I gulped and nodded, looking back up to observe the landscape.

Thick forest covered the place until it reached the horizon.

The sun was high up, and I realised that it wasn't as orange as it had been this morning.

"Luhan, what time is it?"

He looked at his watch. "Err...it's noon."

"WHAT?! HOW LONG WAS I OUT FOR?!"

"We just got here now. It's pretty far from the city."

So it took four hours for Luhan to run, huh?

"Is anyone else out here?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "Nope. Only us."

"Are you tired at all?"

"Nope. Hey, since you're awake now, do you want to take a walk?"

I blinked a few times in confusion. "What, in the forest or here on the wall?"

"On the wall, silly. Why would we go into the forest where there's nothing to see?"

"Oh, hehe, sorry..." I said sheepishly.

Luhan chuckled and stood up with me still in his arms.

He gently set me down and I laced my fingers in his.

"Let's go, gege."

During the course of the walk, Luhan would sometimes tell me to be careful or to watch my step because the bricks were fragile because the wall was so old.

The wall's path looked like it had been run down by earthbenders at many places, but it was nonetheless somewhat stable.

"So, do you hang out here a lot?" I finally asked after a long awkward silence.

He shrugged. "Yeah, this is the place where I like to go when I'm stressed out, or when I have a headache. I don't go here very often, though."

"Can you see anything, well, about me, now?"

Luhan chuckled. "Well, so far, I see..." he paused and concentrated for a bit. "I see that I'm going to buy you something later today, and you absolutely love it."

I felt my face light up. "Really? What is it?" I asked excitedly while jumping up and down.

He shook his head with his eyes closed and an all-knowing smile plastered on his lips. "I'm not telling."

I gave him a sad pout. "You're so mean."

"I know. Come on, let's keep going."

I sighed and complied. "I forgot to ask, are you the youngest in EXO-M?"

He laughed, making me confused. "No, I'm not, surprisingly. I'm the second oldest after Xiumin."

My jaw dropped.

What?!

Luhan is the second oldest?!

SO HE'S OLDER THAN KRIS?!

"So..how old are you?" I asked awkwardly.

"I'm nineteen, like Kris, Xiumin, Chen and Lay. Tao is eighteen, but he's in our grade."

My jaw remained dropped.

"I know it's hard to believe, but it's true, I wouldn't lie to you, _________." Luhan said.

"Oh..." I mumbled, feeling a little embarrassed.

After a long while walking and observing the breathtaking landscape, my legs began to tense and my feet became sore.

Maybe it was because I was taking heavy steps on an uneven surface for a long time.

"Luhan, my feet hurt, can we take a break?"

Luhan turned back with a worried look. "Really? Let me carry you."

"Are you sure?"

He nodded. "I'm a vampire, remember? I don't get tired unless I'm thirsty, which I'm not right now."

"Okay..."

"Would you like me to give you a piggyback or carry you bridal style?"

I instantly knew the answer. "Piggyback, please. I think I had enough bridal style for a whole week."

And because I want to rest my head on his shoulders.

Luhan chuckled and bent on his knees and I climbed onto his back.

He stood up with much ease, as if I didn't weigh anything, and continued walking.

I finally let my head rest on his right shoulder and nuzzled into it while my arms were wrapped around his neck. "So tired..." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"You would be. You're only human after all." he replied. "Hey, wake up, we're going to go into that tree there."

I looked up from his shoulder to see him pointing to an excruciating tall tree about fifty metres in front of us.

I felt my neck almost snap when I was looking up at it.

"Wh-what? In that tree?! But it's so big!" I exclaimed frantically as I wrapped my arms tighter around Luhan's neck.

Luhan only laughed and walked towards the edge of the wall. "You're going to be safe, I swear."

"Will you turn into a bat?

"Like I haven't heard that before!" he remarked and leaped off the edge of the wall, sending me screaming in adrenaline and fright.

A strong breeze flew past my hair as I closed my eyes and buried my face into his shoulder.

I felt him descending and land onto something.

"You can look up now."

I slowly looked up from Luhan's shoulder and saw that we were high up in the tree.

We were even higher up from the ground than the Great Wall.

"L-Luhan gege, are you sure we're safe?"

He laughed. "I'm a vampire! What are you talking about?"

I nodded and he began to climb the tree, he didn't stop until we were near the top.

My breath was taken away when Luhan climbed the tree.

The landscape was absolutely stunning.

There was forest everywhere, and we could see the Wall flowing straight ahead.

Luhan carefully set me down and I stepped onto the large branch.

Good thing he chose a big branch, otherwise I would have died by now.

I went over to the trunk and sat down with my back leaning against the trunk.

Luhan jumped up onto the branch that was only slightly behind and above where I was sitting.

"Luhan...this is so...amazing..." I whispered.

I heard him chuckle. "I know. That's why I brought you here."

I looked back up at him and smiled at his thoughtfulness. "Thank you, Luhan..."

He gave me a cute, shy smile, and I carefully stood up, holding the tree trunk for support.

As he looked down to me, I unconsciously tip toed up to him, and he leaned down closer to me.

My heart began to race as our lips finally touched.

We pulled away after a few seconds, and Luhan jumped down from his branch onto the one I was standing on.

He swept me into his arms and held onto me tightly. "Hold on." was all he said and I grasped onto his shirt while he leapt off the branch.

Luhan effortlessly landed on the Wall again and set me down.

I looked up at him and he leant down, capturing my lips once more.

He took my arms and pulled them behind his neck while I began to return the kiss.

I felt his arms slide around my waist as he began to add more pressure on my lips.

He was kissing me softly the whole time, being as gentle and careful as he can, while expressing his love and passion at the same time.

His kiss wasn't like Kai or Kris', which were hungry and full of emotion. His kisses were gentle, soothing, and passionate.

This moment was priceless.

Luhan kissing me on the Great Wall of China could not be beaten by anything more perfect.

We pulled away breathlessly after a few more moments.

"_____________, I love you a lot, you know that?" Luhan said affectionately.

I blushed at his comment. "I-I guess so..."

He chuckled softly. "You know, you're a lot more beautiful when you're much more sensitive like this and not being the tough hot-headed tomboy."

I made a face at him. "Sorry to ruin the moment, but I think I'll have to go back to being that hot-head now." I said and jabbed his tummy.

"Ouch! Come back here you little..."

I laughed as Luhan wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up, nuzzling into my neck, hoping to God that he doesn't want to bite me.

My stomach suddenly rumbled and we stopped fooling around.

I realised that we had spent a really long time here and I didn't have any breakfast.

"Well...uh..." I began awkwardly.

"I guess we'll have to get you some food now, huh?"

I blushed in slight embarrassment because I knew that my hunger had ruined the moment. "Yeah, I guess so."

Luhan laughed once and swept me into his arms. "Let's go. I bet you're really hungry, and Lay is kind of desperate to spend the rest of the day with you."

"But what about the thing that you were going to get me?"

"Well...that will have to wait." he said with a cheeky wink.

I opened my mouth to give a snide remark, but I only squeaked when Luhan jumped off the wall and began to dash off to the city.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hahaaha, yup, you spent the time at the Great Wall of China ^_^

I know it's a little unrealistic, but I needed a foresty place so I can relate this scene to the one in Twilight where Edward and Bella were in the trees outside of the Cullen house haha

your time with Lay, and Luhan's present will be in the next chapter!

and I just realised that I gave Jasper and Alice's powers to Sehun and Luhan...NO SHIPPING INTENDED!!! OTL

please comment and subscribe!!!