the other coven

Blood Bond

As I was thrashing around, D.O and Suho ran up to me and effortlessly tore the two guys off me and threw them on the floor.

"Guys!" I squeaked and ran up to them and gave them a big hug. "I was scared for a bit..."

Kai scoffed. "Pshh, you? Scared? Please. I've heard better excuses from you."

I stuck my tongue out at him. "Anyways, who are those two guys?"

Before any of them could answer me, I heard Suho scolding someone.

"For the love of God, Kris, I would expect something like that from Tao or Sehun, but you? The leader? What is wrong with you? None of my group has done that yet!"

"Geez, Suho, since I figured that I had the most control over my thirst, I could be the one to protect her from this guy."

My god.

Kris, or whatever his name is, has a voice just as deep as Chanyeol, which gave me shudders.

I turned back to Kai and looked up at him. "Well?"

He rolled his eyes. "The one that Suho just scolded is Kris, and the other guy is Tao."

"Can you tell your group to quieten their thoughts? It's kind of getting annoying to know that half of our coven wants to kill Tao and I." Kris mumbled as he got up.

Hang on.

Quieten their thoughts?

So Kris is a mind-reader?

I wonder if he could read my thoughts?

Does that Tao guy have any extra abilities?

"Honey," Baekhyun mumbled sweetly in my ear. "You should go and wash up while we get the rest of the EXO-M members so they can meet you."

"But I don't know where all the rooms are..." I replied quietly.

He chuckled in my ear. "I'll accompany you."

"Okay..."

"No." Kris said firmly and walked towards me, making me gasp for many reasons.

First and foremost, he was probably the tallest being I have ever come across in my life - even taller than the tallest guys in my grade back in Australia, and even taller than Chanyeol.

Secondly, he was so strikingly handsome with that piercing gaze, as if he can look into your soul, those perfect lips, and that beautifully sculpted face. I felt my heart rate double and my breathing become much shorter and quicker just by looking at him.

"One of the guys in my group will. They know the place more than these guys." he concluded.

I gulped and nodded, looking down at my feet because I was shy.

"Chen!" he called out.

Within seconds, a guy suddenly appeared in front of me.

He had a godly sharp, chiseled jaw line, and high cheek bones, making him look more of a vampire than EXO-K.

"Yes, Kris?" that guy, Chen, said.

"Can you go and show __________ the way to one of the bathrooms?"

"Sure thing."

"Aww, why can't I accompany ___________?" the other guy that slept next to me, Tao, I think, complained.

"Your control over your thirst isn't as good as Chen's, especially if you're around a singer." Kris answered in a matter-of-fact tone.

Okay, I had to admit, EXO-M looked so much more like vampires than EXO-K, but why should I complain? Both groups were insanely attractive.

Chen went over to my side and tapped my shoulder. "Let's go, _________."

I looked up and nodded.

"See you later, okay?" D.O said and kissed my cheek.

"I won't take that long." I assured and went off with Chen. "Um, so, you're in the same coven as EXO-K, huh?" I asked in Mandarin, feeling so idiotic that I had just asked such an awkward question.

Chen looked shocked when I had spoken in Mandarin. "You speak Mandarin?"

I nodded. "Your accent doesn't sound so Chinese, but your name sounds like it. Are you actually Chinese?"

He shook his head, making me surprised. "I'm actually Korean."

"Oh! So, er, sorry if this question is stupid, but, um, what's your real name?"

He chuckled. "No, that's not a stupid question at all. My name is Kim Jongdae, but since I live in China, I want to be called Chen."

I nodded my head once in understanding. "Ahhh...so should I call you Chen gege or Jongdae?"

"You don't use formalities?"

I shook my head. "I'm from Australia, so we don't really call each other anything. But since I was studying Mandarin, we learnt how to use formalities, that's why I say 'gege'."

Chen let out a half-hearted laugh. "That's a bit odd, but you can call me either. I'll call you mei mei then, I need to practice on my Mandarin as well."

"Okay! So, do you have any powers?"

"No, only Kris, Luhan, and Lay have powers. I'm just less erted than the rest of the members, well, except for Lay."

THANK GOD FOR LESS PEVERTED VAMPIRES OTHER THAN SUHO.

"Hehe, that's good, then. Is that why Kris asked you to accompany me?"

"I'm afraid so." he joked, both of us laughing lightly. "Well, here's the bathroom. I'll wait out here."

"Okay, thanks. I won't be long."

I went inside the bathroom and closed the door.

Even the bathroom has a luxrious contemporary design to it.

Man, how do these guys get money so easily?

Anyways, Chen was pretty easy to get along with. I guess his control over his thirst was better than some of the other EXO members.

I went over to the sink and saw a small paper bag with my name on it.

I opened it and saw that it contained a toothbrush, a tube of toothpaste, and a facial towel.

"Tsht, these guys..." I muttered with a smile, shaking my head at how thoughtful they could get.

After all the washing up, I got out of the room and went up to Chen. "Let's go now."

Chen was pretty impatient, so he carried me bridal style and ran to the living room with his vampire speed, so we pretty much arrived there in about a second.

As soon as we set foot in the room, the EXO-K guys went up to Chen and I straight away.

"_________!" they exclaimed and dashed to me.

Kai gently took me off Chen. "Thanks, hyung,"

Chen shrugged. "No worries."

"You okay, baby? Not hurt anywhere?" Kai checked worriedly.

I pounded his chest with my fist. "One, don't call me that all the time, and two, I'm fine. I haven't died yet."

They sat down on one of the couches and I got out of Kai's arms and sat next to D.O and Suho.

I was so nervous around EXO-M, it wasn't funny.

I rubbed my damp palms together in between my knees to try and get rid of my nervousness, though the feeling didn't fade because my face was hot as hell.

"So, er, EXO-M, this is _________, our mate and...our singer..." Suho began rather awkwardly.

"Um, hey, guys..." I said to them.

They gawked, probably at the fact that I could speak Mandarin.

"WOAH."

"YOU CAN SPEAK MANDARIN?!"

"She studied it all her life, what did you expect?" Chanyeol scoffed.

"How about you guys introduce yourselves?" Suho suggested.

EXO-M nodded and suddenly, Kris appeared in front of me, gently taking my hand and kissing it.

I stood up as he did so.

"I'm Wu YiFan, or Kris. I'm the leader of the EXO-M coven. I moved here from Canada. Nice to meet you _________." he said charmingly.

I felt myself almost fainting from the nervousness and his hotness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MORE WILL BE REVEALED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER XDD

so, this chapter basically explains why kris and tao were cuddling with you before, i hope it's not too awkward OTL and you guys got to meet chen~

COMMENTS AND SUBBERS ARE LOVED!!!