questions

Blood Bond

After we had finished fooling around for a bit, we settled down onto the couches again.

I learnt that Tao was a combat specialist, and that EXO had an 'extended family' so to speak.

That coven also had a diet of animal blood, so apparently EXO had quickly made them their alliance coven.

The other coven had three females and two males.

The females were named Krystal, Luna, and Sulli, and the males were named Yunho and Changmin.

I never thought that the fact that EXO, a massive coven of twelve vampires, would have an extended family.

EXO-M told me that stuff like that would be considered rare within the vampire community because vampires are naturally competitive for blood, but having the diet of animal blood (and in the absence of human blood) reduces that competitive drive, and eventually, the weak coven alliance is replaced by a strong, family-style union, let alone having an extended family.

Animal blood is apparently much less appetising than human blood, but it still gives the same nutritional strength as human blood; it's just less 'tasty', I guess.

"Hey, um, I forgot to ask...I mean, I was supposed to ask this as soon as I found out that the other guys were vampires, but, do you guys sleep? " I asked them.

Luhan shrugged. "We sleep if we want to. It's optional. But if we do sleep, we sleep like humans. We close our eyes and rest our bodies until we become unconscious for about eight to twelve hours." 

Wow.

Having the option of sleeping, huh?

If I was a vampire, I wouldn't sleep at all - just go to underground concerts every night and party.

I sighed, realising that being a human (no pun intended).

"Do the Cold Ones sleep?"

They jumped at my question, and gave me looks of absolute shock.

"H-how do you know about the Cold Ones?" Lay asked, his voice full of terror.

I shrugged. "EXO-K told me. After all, I need to know that there are other vampires around..."

I suddenly felt someone turn my torso ninety degrees to my left.

Kris had his hands on my shoulders and looked at me fiercely. "What ever you do, don't EVER go around places that don't have much people. Those places are the targeted places for those vampires. The Cold Ones could be anywhere."

I scoffed. "As if I go around those types of places anyway. So are you going to answer my question or not?"

"No, the Cold Ones don't sleep. At all." Tao answered. "That's why they are a lot stronger than we are. They have all the time in the world to hunt for human blood."

I was suddenly really scared.

What if the Cold Ones tried to get me?

I mean, I know I'm EXO's singer and that singers only 'sing' to one coven of vampires, but still; I was worried.

"Do you guys live forever?"

They shook their heads.

I was surprised.

I thought all vampires live forever.

"No, we don't," Xiumin said. "Only the Cold Ones live forever. We're the mortal vampires. That's why we don't burn in the sun, we can eat food even though we prefer blood, and we're not as fast or strong as they are."

I nodded my head once in understanding. "So...how do you...become a Cold One?" I asked carefully, in case they would yell at me for asking something like that.

Chen gulped. "Well...there are two ways to become one - a way for a vampire, and a way for a human. For a vampire, we have to kill the human while drinking," he shuddered, "but for a human, you just have to get bitten by one and let the venom spread..."

A shiver went down my spine at the thought of any one of the EXO guys killing a human, and at the thought of me getting bitten by a Cold One.

"Look what you did, Chen!" Luhan exclaimed. "Now she's freaked out!"

"She did ask."

I shook my head and waved my hands at Luhan. "No, it's not that. I did ask you guys, so I wanted to know. I just need to take in all this information..."

The Cold Ones...

Now it seems as if the normal vampires like EXO are nothing but bugs compared to them...

Kris slid an arm around my shoulder and lightly squeezed it. "Don't be scared, __________," he assured, "you have twelve vampires willing to protect you at all costs. You've got nothing to worry about."

I looked up and he smiled that breathtaking smile at me.

I felt myself blushing, so I looked back down shyly.

"Aww, she's blushing~" Xiumin teased, and I stuck my tongue out at him, blushing even more.

"Yeah, __________, I can hear your heartbeat racing." Kris added jokingly.

"Let's see what happens when we bond with her," Lay continued.

I tore at my hair. "WHY DO YOU GUYS KEEP TEASING ME?!"

Tao shrugged. "Maybe it's because it's fun to tease you and see how you react."

I gaped at him. "I am not some toy that you can play with, thank you very much!"

EXO-M kept laughing, but I made a face at them and punched Kris' ribcage, knowing that to him, it didn't hurt one bit.

"Ouch. Why are you so violent?"

"Not helping."

"Can't I have fun?"

"NOT WHEN THAT FUN INVOLVES POKING FUN AT ME."

Just then, the front door opened and EXO-K walked in.

Their clothes were completely clean.

"Who's poking fun at _________?" Suho asked.

EXO-M stopped laughing as I ran up to Suho and hugged him tightly. "EXO-M were poking fun at me." I pouted.

"What did you guys do to ___________?" Sehun asked EXO-M.

"We were just teasing her?" Xiumin answered.

"WHO'S TEASING MY BABY?!" Baekhyun exclaimed while running in.

I rolled my eyes. "Relax, guys, it was nothing. We were just having fun. And, Baek, don't call me 'your baby'. It makes me seem vulnerable."

"Whatever." Baekhyun huffed.

"So, why aren't your clothes stained with blood?" I asked EXO-K.

Chanyeol shrugged. "We didn't hunt big animals like mountain lions, or anything. Just small animals where the blood won't spill as much like bunnies or deers."

"Don't you want to see us stained with blood? We look way ier." Kai snickered.

I pretended to gag. "You wish, jellyfish."

"So, guys, do you want to go and hunt?" D.O asked EXO-M.

Kris shook his head. "We just hunted yesterday before you came."

I sighed.

This will be a long week with all twelve guys.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yep! as requested by SapphireSeptember, TVXQ and 3 of f(x) are the Denali coven ^_^ they're the Cullens' extended family as seen in Breaking Dawn~ since the Denali coven has 4 females and 2 males, i thought that TVXQ and f(x) would be good ^_^

Victoria isn't in f(x) here because she's going to play Victoria LOOOOOL

Anyway, I hope this chapter explains some more about the Cold Ones keke...

OH, and I'm just wondering if you guys want me to end the story like Twilight (the first book), or do you want me to continue the saga in this story? (I might finish at the end of Eclipse if you guys want.)
 

 

COMMENTS AND SUBBERS ARE LOVED!!