theories

Blood Bond

I then looked at him with my jaw still dropped.

"What?" he questioned after looking at my expression.

"You just-! You've just-!"

"I'm treating you to dinner, is that so bad?"

THESE EXO GUYS ARE UNBELIEVABLE!  "No...I guess not..."

We went into the restaurant and got ourselves a table.

"Anything you would like to drink, guys?" a waitress asked us.

"I'll have a Coke, thanks," I said.

"Me too," D.O added.

"Yep! Two Cokes coming your way." she nodded and walked off.

I folded my arms on the table and buried my head into them, groaning.

"What's wrong?" D.O asked.

I shook my head, still buried in my arms, before looking up at him. "This is just insane," I said with a sarcastic smile.

"What is?"

"Everything that just happened. You suddenly turned up out of nowhere to supposedly save me from the beaten up drunk dudes, you've punched one of them and sent them flying to the very back of the alley, and now you're treating me to dinner."

"Is that such a crime to help a fellow sunbae?"

I gulped. "No...but you make me look like I'm some princess in distress, when I'm clearly not."

He chuckled, making me blush a little. "No, I have to agree, you're no damsel in distress, but you needed a way to meet your friends again, am I right?"

I pouted. "I suppose so."

Just then, the waitress came out with our drinks and served it to us. "So what would you guys like tonight?"

"Ladies first," D.O said to me as I straightened up from my position.

I scowled at him and then pondered a little while looking at the menu on the wall next to where we were sitting. "Hmmm...I'll have a tempura udon, please,"

"And you?" she said to D.O.

"I'm fine, thanks," he rejected politely.

"Sure thing, just ask when you need something," she said and went off again.

I sighed and began to drink the Coke.

Before I knew it, I slurped down the whole glass, not realising how thirsty I was.

I grabbed the can and refilled my glass, making D.O chuckle.

"I'm thirsty, okay?" I said with the straw in my mouth.

"I can see that,"

I rolled my eyes and continued to drink.

"So, have you got any other theories other than radioactive spiders and kryptonite?" he asked while watching me.

I suddenly felt my throat contract and my breathing passages shut on me as I began to choke on the drink.

I coughed and spluttered multiple times before I could breathe somewhat properly. "You...know...about...that?" I choked between breaths.

"Well, yeah, Kai kind of told us about it. It's kind of funny, actually."

I only coughed even more. "YOU...WEREN'T...SUPPOSED...TO...KNOW..."

He just laughed.

"I...AM...GOING...TO...BEAT...THE...CRAP...OUT...OF...HIM...TOMORROW..."

"Aigoo, you're so cute, _________-ah, especially with the accent."

I mentally gasped again.

Another EXO member with the informal language.

"STOP TEASING MY ACCENT,"

"Hey, I only commented about it once."

I only grumbled after stabilising my breathing.

The waitress then came out with the bowl of udon.

She set it down and I felt my mouth watering. "Are you sure you don't want anything?" she asked D.O.

"No, thank you,"

From the corner of my eye, I saw her feet moving off, as I stared at the bowl.

"What are you waiting for? Eat," D.O ordered.

I nodded and grabbed the chopsticks on the bowl and began to eat, not caring about how hot the food was.

Like the drink, I didn't realise how hungry I was until now.

He chuckled again. "See? I told you you're hungry."

I looked up at him with the noodles in my mouth and slurped it all up, scowling at him before I continued to eat.

You know, the 'shut up' expression.

He let out another 'tsht' before drinking his glass of Coke. "Anyways," he began, "Your theories are far from right."

"What do you mean?" I asked him with a piece of tempura in my mouth.

"Do you have anything else that's not stolen from comic books?"

"Movies, actually,"

"Okay, then, movies?"

"Um, well, no, not this theory."

He gulped this time. "Go on..."

"I noticed that you guys are always meaner when your eyes are black,"

"Yeah...?"

I looked up from my noodles to him.

His eyes were a shade of light topaz.

"And you're much nicer when your eyes are light," I mumbled shyly as I played around with the noodles, not looking up at him. "From my experience with my brother, I've noticed that guys are meaner when they're hungry,"

"Anything else?"

"Well, there's nothing else, really, but I do have some questions," I said.

"Like what?"

I inhaled and began to blurt out my first set of questions. "Why are you here? How did you know where I was?"

He closed his eyes and huffed a sigh. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

I leaned in and rested my head on my hand. "I'm listening,"

"I'm telling you,"

"Who said I wouldn't?" I asked and slurped some more of the cooling noodles.

"Fine, fine...I followed you here..." he mumbled.

I swallowed. "Err, how?"

"I...I followed your scent..."

I froze. "My...scent?"

D.O nodded grimly. "You eat, I talk," he bargained.

I obeyed and continued to eat.

"I knew I had to keep tabs on Jessica because the city's not really safe overall, and with you going out with someone as careless as her, well, I didn't notice that you took off on your own until I lost your scent..."

I stopped slurping and stared at him.

What the heck?

How does a normal person smell people's scents?

"I was in hysteria when I lost it, so I drove around to search for you, and then...I found it...your heartbeat was racing, so your scent was, I don't know, let's say, pumped from your body like those old perfume bottles being squeezed to spray perfume?"

I remained frozen.

My scent being...pumped from my body?

"I'm sorry for scaring you, but, yeah, just tell me if I'm freaking you out so I won't say anymore."

I was indeed freaked out a little, but I had to know more. "No, no, keep going,"

"You didn't know what those guys were thinking...or trying to do to you, so it was so hard to take you away and leave them...alive..."

Wow...

"You're so...thoughtful? I never got to thank you..." I mumbled.

"No, that's okay, really. Are you ready to go home?"

I nodded quickly.

He pulled out a few notes and placed them on the table and stood up. "Let's go, then,"

I nodded again and stood up from my chair and left the restaurant with him.

The drive home was rather quick, slightly slower than how Jessica got Amber and I there because people were going home from work, and the city was more crowded than ever.

At least we arrived at my place by 8:30, so Jason can calm down a little more.

When I got out, D.O scrolled down the window of the passenger seat. "Baekhyun is going to pick you up tomorrow, so don't be late,"

I turned around, stunned, for the nth time tonight. "Wait, what?"

But before I knew it, his car was speeding off again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONE MORE UPDATE TONIGHT, GUYS!!

I promise that this one will be a lot quicker because I accidentally pre-wrote a chapter OTL

WOAH WOAH 73 SUBS ALREADY!?!?!? shfga;jskg;hsagh;alshgsd THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

I hope you guys liked your 'date' with D.O haha XDD

please comment and subscribe!!