The ride downtown

My Next-door Neighbor, Kim Jonghyun^^,

Taemin’s POV.

I woke up with a fine start this morning. Rubbing away my sleepiness, I got up from bed then headed straight to the bathroom.

I realized that everybody is awake already when I went downstairs. Minho hyung is reading a newspaper. He’s reading for some time until he looked up.

“Hey!” he greeted. I just gave him a warm smile.

Soon, my noona and Luna came out from the kitchen. They were talking about buying some stuff in the grocery downtown.

“I wanna come!” I said out loud.

“Aish! Taemin, you’re too noisy!” someone said from a distance. It was Jonghyun hyung.

“But hyung…”  I protested.

“No ‘buts’ Taemin, you stay here in the house,” Key hyung said to me as he sat on the couch.

“That’s right! Key, Luna and I will go there,” noona explained.

,p/> Just then, someone butted in, “Let him go with you.” We all turned our heads to see hyung sitting at the foot of the stairs.

We debated for some time but ended up with the decision of going there together. Key hyung protested at first but relented upon realizing the fact that he won’t be bringing grocery bags.

Key’s POV.

The grocery store is only 30 minutes drive. You see, everybody went along with us so I think Onew should be rewarded for bringing his van.

We entered the grocery store by groups. Yes, we have to divide ourselves ‘coz it will be awkward. We’re a large group of people huddled together in a corner. That is, me, Eun Jo, Luna and Onew entered the store first. The rest will follow suit.

Even from a distance, I could hear Taemin yelling happily, chanting “ice cream” every once in a while. Knowing Jjong, I’ll be betting he will buy some soda. Lucky Minho is with them. He’ll be able to tell them off in case they’ll bother people… just in case.

“We need some vegetables… some fruits… a kilo of meat and…” Eun Jo said as she opened her notes. She got those listed to avoid buying unnecessary things.

“Let’s buy Chicken too!” Onew said to us.

“That’s fine but… you have to cook it,” I retorted. This made Luna throw me a glare. The two of them then went off to buy Chicken. Eun Jo and I just watched them leave.

I can’t really believe that I have a Chicken maniac friend. I thought as I went to get a grocery cart.

Minho’s POV.

I watched Taemin went off to buy his favorite ice cream. He’s such a kid, really.

Silence was around me and Jonghyun once more. It’s such a coincidence that we’re told to enter this store together where in fact, things were getting awkward around us.

“I got to buy some sodas,” he said as he went to the beverage stand.

I guess he really needs to stay away from me. I know, he still thought about what happened the other day. I’m over with that though ‘coz no matter how hard I look at it, I couldn’t really be mad at him. She looks at him the way I look at her and nothing could change that. I thought as I exited the store.

Eun Jo’s POV.

After an hour, we found ourselves waiting for the others outside the store.

“What took them so long?” I asked Key, who was busy loading grocery bags on the car’s compartment. Just then, Onew and Luna came out of the store, carrying some grocery bags with them.

“Tada! We bought lots of Chicken!” the two said in unison. Key and I just rolled our eyes at them.

From afar, I saw Taemin clutching a bag full of ice cream.

Uh, it’s winter and my brother is going to eat those. I thought as I get on the car.

To my surprise, Jonghyun chose to sit next to me. I could almost feel myself blush. Lucky I had a scarf on my neck so that it hid my reddened face.

Onew then started the van and off we went.

This is going to be a long, awkward ride. I said to myself.

*********

Authors’ note:

I'm sorry I wasn't able to post this earlier. You see, I had lots of things I had in mind. You know school and stuff. But anyways, thanks for reading! :-D