A little bit of jealousy and innocence

My Next-door Neighbor, Kim Jonghyun^^,

Eun Jo's POV.

 

 

Before sleeping, I made sure that I turned my little alarm clocks on. As a result of that, I was able to catch up with my brother Taemin.

 

 

As usual, we ate our breakfast, which consisted of cereals and banana milk. I really don't know how to cook. All I can do is to fry eggs, heat some canned foods and cook instant noodles. Because of that, we usually eat lunch outside or buy foods that are already cooked.

 

 

We finished eating our breakfast at around 6:30 so we decided to walk together to school. he told me that he's gonna walk me to my classroom. he's always this sweet most of the time.

 

 

"Min, it's okay. I can take care of myself," I reassured him.

 

 

"But..." he protested.

 

 

"I don't really wanna bother you," I said as we entered the school gate. He's now pouting. "Okay then...just don't blame me if you'll be late for your class," I continued.

 

 

"Yay! That's good! No, I wouldn't. Besides, it's half past 7 so it's alright," he said cheerfully.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Onew's POV.

 

 

As usual, I arrived early so I decided to wait for Jjong outside the classroom. You see, we had this little bet. We agreed that if he's gonna be late (again), he'll be treating me for lunch. That is, I'll be having a free chicken salad this lunch break. Thinking about that made me smile.

 

 

I was still waiting for him when Luna arrived. she had a bright smile on her face as she greeted our classmates.

 

 

"Hey Luna! Wanna go out with me this weekend?" Kevin, also our classmate, asked. I mentally wanted to punch him.

 

 

"Thanks but I'll be visiting my grandparents this weekend,"she responded. I felt happy when I heard her say that.

 

 

As she passed by me, she smiled. I wanted to smile back and let this feelings out but it will be too embarrassing. So like always, I pretended to be cool around her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun's POV.

 

 

I arrived to school at exactly 8 o'clock. The bell already rang but it was too early for our first class.

 

 

"Good morning!" I greeted upon entering the room. The teacher wasn't around yet and I could see Onew chatting with his seatmate.

 

 

No luck, I couldn't get a chicken salad for you. I thought as I went to my seat.

 

 

I was about to put my books on my desk when I saw Eun Jo sleeping peacefully.

 

 

She looks innocent when she's asleep. I thought as I looked at her sleeping state. Just then, a middle-aged man entered the room.

 

 

"Eun Jo, Mr. Baek is already here!" her friend named Luna said as she shook her shoulder. She sat in front of her so it's easy for her to do that.

 

 

"N-neh?" she stuttered slightly as she rubbed off her sleepiness.

 

 

"I hear gossips everywhere,' Mr. Baek said as he started to put out his book in Literature.

 

 

Yeah, it's Literature time. I know I'll be sleeping anytime soon. It's better if I have insomnia 'coz listening to some old composition like poetry makes me drowsy and all. But I couldn't really do that. I guess I'll just listen to this one and keep my eyes wide open. I thought as I opened my book.

 

 

 

 

*******

 

 

 

 

Author's note:

 

 

 

 

Annyeong! Another update for this week! *cheers*

 

 

Thanks for reading!